Luca Cigarini

love cfc

Chelsea have joined the long queue of clubs lining up to sign rising Parma star Luca Cigarini, according to reports.

The Italian Under-21 international is expected to be sold this summer after the club's relegation and the London outfit are in with a shot of landing the 1986-born playmaker.

Cigarini, who signed a new five-year contract at the Tardini in 2007, is a product of the club's youth system and has been likened to Italy and Milan midfielder Andrea Pirlo.

Chelsea certainly have the financial power to sign the technically gifted youngster, but they are not alone.

Juventus, at the request of former Parma boss Claudio Ranieri, are very keen on the starlet, as are Napoli and Genoa – sides who would be able to offer him regular first-team football.

Yet a move to La Liga could be on the horizon with Villarreal, who already have Cigarini's former teammate Giuseppe Rossi, and Atletico Madrid showing an interest in recent weeks.

cigarininews.jpg

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched Football Italia on Five a few weeks back, I remember watching a Parma game which he played, must have made about six perfect cross field passes. Good range of passing from what I can recall.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You