Ashley Cole

Madmax

No they wont hate him -one of Englands, if not the best.

Getting to 100 caps as well. Not sure about Brazil though, he'll be 34 then

Well...unless England find a consistent younger LB ready to take over from Cole in 2014...he might be on the plane to Brazil!

Well...unless England find a consistent younger LB ready to take over from Cole in 2014...he might be on the plane to Brazil!

I heard Utd want Baines. If he does move there then he will definitely start ahead of Cole in the Englad squad.

Hes probably one of the few who could -unless someone any good is available. Last night the same penalty as against Munchen, but his legs were very tired resulting in a weaker effort. Buffoon read it straight off

To be honest, before today all I've seen throughout the tournament was Cole's name in the spotlight which as a Chelsea fan delighted me, but as an England fan I was even more happy because through all England's ill-fated disasters in the last couple of years, Cole's game has never declined. In 2010, he was still as consistent as ever in a squad that was completely out of touch with the WC tournament.

He will play on through the qualifications as England's #1 LB. Gibbs isn't ready, Bertrand might get a sub-par role and Baines has failed to replicate his form of 2009/10.

Ashley was easily the stand out player for me during England's Euros. Didn't put a foot wrong until he missed that penalty which didn't even piss me off, not in the slightest. Ashley Young's miss did but Cole had performed so well throughout our Champions League winning season and the Euros i couldn't bring myself to think anything bad of him for missing that pen. I salute you Ashley Cole you really are the best left back in the world and your all ours hehe! :blue scalf:

"Will regret not putting his foot through the ball for the penalty as long as he lives."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/euro2012/4394803/How-Roy-Hodgsons-England-players-fared-at-Euro-2012.html

Hmm, I don't think so.

144820705.jpg

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1123122/ashley-Cole-to-consider-options-next-summer?cc=4716

Cole and Frank are on big wages and if we're going to offer them new contracts we got to make sure we decrease their salaries, it only makes sense since Cole is almost 32 and Lamps is 34.

Cole is still the best left back, when not over-used. But, he is soon 32 years-old, and he is already on a £120k per-week wage. He will most certainly progressively lose his starting position over the next two years, and his contribution to the team will also be decreasing. Plus, it's not like we don't have anybody to replace him, we have a talented youngster. Thus, if he definitely wants a pay rise to pen down a new contract, then we should let him go for free the next summer, and take the best out of him during the forthcoming season.

http://soccernet.esp...-summer?cc=4716

Cole and Frank are on big wages and if we're going to offer them new contracts we got to make sure we decrease their salaries, it only makes sense since Cole is almost 32 and Lamps is 34.

This isn't news. Could, might and Maybe..

Prefixing any story is non-committal filler journalism.