Ashley Cole

Madmax

The officials have been terrible from the start of the tournament. But tbf, yes the ball crossed the line but it was offside from the beginning, if you're referring to the goal. Still, that doesn't take away the outstanding performances that our boys put in yesterday.

Being an Aussie I just love watching the Poms suffering.

"It is unfinished business," Cole told BBC Radio 5Live. “You play for your country and it is amazing to do that. But you play to win.

"I have never had the joy of winning [a tournament] with my country. I am not getting too ahead of myself or the team but so far it is going well.

"We have a tough game on Sunday but dreams come true and hopefully this can be one of mine.”

He added: "I would say there are [regrets]. But there is nothing I can do about them now. That's over.

"Footballers are not like any different person. Everyone makes mistakes and everyone learns from them.

"That is what football is about as well.

He continued: "[Terry] has been a great servant for Chelsea.

"Whatever has gone on in his life, he has put to the back of his mind and done his job in a great professional way.

"He is someone who would put his body on the line for any team and any player he plays with. He is a joy to play with."

He said: "I wouldn't have believed it if someone had told me when I was a 16-year-old coming through the Arsenal youth team.

"When you are growing up, you want to win caps and play as many games as you can for your country. I have been lucky enough to play 97 times and, you never know, hopefully get to 100 in the final.

"It is what little kids' dreams are made of. If you put your mind to it you can do anything. It was hard for me growing up with my mum and brother but I always had my family behind me to do what I enjoy.

"I just loved football, being outside with my mates and getting really muddy, dirty and smelly. At 16, when you are in the youth team of any club, you watch the first team and you want to emulate that and be those players.

"I am so lucky to have had the career I have had and play with so many amazing players."

http://www.goal.com/..._medium=twitter

Keep your head up Ashley, focus on us as a club. Club before country!

Best left back of the tournament was absolutely brilliant. Of course the fickle English fans are straight on his back. Disgusting when he's been the most consistent English player for a good few years now.

Credit to Buffon, he did his research and knew Cole was going that way. I said that to my mate before he even stepped up that if Buffon did his research he would most likely save it.

Neuer did the same in Munich but thankfully that particular penalty had too much power.

Ashely Cole's penalty was as predictable as sun rising from the east. I told my friend he will use power and drive it towards his right like he always does.

Note the penalty against Man Utd in Moscow

Note the penalty against Bayern in Munich

i'm surprised tbh. cole should have expected buffon to go that way. he took a fantastic pen in the fa cup final against manunited. high and towards the Keeper's right with a kinda david luiz run-up. should have practiced that and done it yesterday

Cech after the Champions League gave a good analysis on what the penalty takers think during the shoot out. He said, tired legs and pressure means the player more often than not blast the kick towards his stronger side. A Right footed player will blast it towards his left and vice versa. They just go for power. But there are exceptions when you take penalty like a boss as Pirlo did today.

i'm surprised tbh. cole should have expected buffon to go that way. he took a fantastic pen in the fa cup final against manunited. high and towards the Keeper's right with a kinda david luiz run-up. should have practiced that and done it yesterday

Which Final?

Cech after the Champions League gave a good analysis on what the penalty takers think during the shoot out. He said, tired legs and pressure means the player more often than not blast the kick towards his stronger side. A Right footed player will blast it towards his left and vice versa. They just go for power. But there are exceptions when you take penalty like a boss as Pirlo did today.

Indeed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVfTOU66fTA