test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Madmax

Ashley Cole

Started by Madmax,

1,622 posts in this topic

It also helps that he was up against one of the worst big game players in the world, and one of the worst 'classical', unselfish-get-to-the-byline-and-cross style wingers. All he had to do was stop him from cutting inside, and even when he let him get through, watch him put it in row Z. Top work in keeping out Lahm, though.

What the fuck did he do for Arsenal? No one?

Forget the Gooners, Chelsea Legend.

Several FA Cups and a few league titles.

Not worth 1 CL title, though.

Several FA Cups and a few league titles.

Not worth 1 CL title, though.

I wasn't being serious I was insulting Arsenal. I know he did a lot with the Gooners, but forget that shit, it doesn't matter.

I was publicising my praises for his performance just minutes before one lapse in concentration from him allowed Mueller a free header on the far post. Talk about speaking to soon, eh?

That solitary mistake is easy to eradicate after our terrific turnaround, though. Even if the momentary mishap would have ultimately cost us the game, we couldn't blame Ashley Cole for anything. He was the one acting like a captain in Barcelona, and he was another leading figure tonight. He set the standard for the rest of the team, which is what the more experienced players ought to be doing - showing the 'new kids' how it's done. Bertrand will have learned loads from Cole's performance tonight, especially playing alongside him for an hour or so. His input to our Champions League comeback has been invaluable. Dare I say, if it wasn't for his inspirational performances, we might not have even made the final.

World-class epitomises everything about Ashley Cole (on the pitch).

zolayes and RamiCFC9 like this

The best I have ever seen him play. Amazing. Not just last night but think back to Naples and then Barca at the Bridge with those clearances off the line, he's been such an unsung hero for us once again. Chelsea legend.

Kieran. and manpe like this

Call me crazy, but in my honest opinion, over the 7 matches we played in the knock out rounds in the CL this year, he was our most important player. I lost count of the times he made a vital interception or a goal saving tackle/block.

Term-X likes this

Very happy for him, considering he'd lost 2 previous CL finals.

Like BlueLion said, he saved us against Napoli, 4-1 would have incredibly difficult to over turn, and also put in 2 amazing performances against Barcelona.

And he was the one who put Torres through at Camp Nou :D

Couldn't watch his penalty. Was afraid our luck would run out and he'd be our equivalent of Sergio Ramos (the memories of a certain FA Cup shoot-out also helped) as they already got plenty of similarities both on and off the pitch. If not a Chelsea legend then he's certainly going to be remembered as a Chelsea player rather than a Gooner.

"Now no one can say ANYTHING to me. This is why I came here."

- Ashley Cole

:D

Where's that from?

He was at his imperious best yesterday. Made so many last ditch tackles, blocks and challenges and it's worth remembering we wouldn't be sitting down here talking about our Champions League success were it not for his goal-line clearance in San Paolo.

nofreakingway likes this