test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Madmax

Ashley Cole

Started by Madmax,

1,622 posts in this topic

Was brilliant tonight!

His heart was definitely in it.

PS: Only two pages on the ashley cole thread?

We lost some pages due to forum updates :(

CHOULO19 likes this

Arguably Cole's best performance this season. Saved us again with yet another goal-line clearance, made some vital last minute challenges & did well when going forward too.

Cole entered a masterclass against Barcelona, just as he had entered a superb display against Spurs a few days earlier. Despite the OTT criticisms he got on here a few months ago, he remains the finest full back in the business.

Duppy Conqueror likes this

I've said this so many times before and I'll say it again, Cole is one of the best fullbacks ever. Only few could match the level of his contribution both in offense and defence.

I've said this so many times before and I'll say it again, Cole is one of the best fullbacks ever. Only few could match the level of his contribution both in offense and defence.

England & Chelsea's most consistent player in the last 4-5years. It was worth Mourinho & Chelsea getting in trouble over for tapping up, because everyone recognised his quality & potential. Could have a case for being one of our best purchases alongside Lampard, Ricky, Drogba & Cech.

England & Chelsea's most consistent player in the last 4-5years. It was worth Mourinho & Chelsea getting in trouble over for tapping up, because everyone recognised his quality & potential. Could have a case for being one of our best purchases alongside Lampard, Ricky, Drogba & Cech.

Definitely. And we got him for what, 5 mil + Gallas? Without a doubt one of the best deals made.

Definitely. And we got him for what, 5 mil + Gallas? Without a doubt one of the best deals made.

Still remember how they went on and on and on and on and on how they got the best deal..and then Gallas just fucked around and threw random strops

But yeah postive article?!?! No doubt they'll make up for that later on

But he's been pretty damn solid of late...and had we had him against Fulham I dont think that goal would've gone in because he seems to be always there on the posts whereas when he aint..no one else seems to cover it...and some great clearances against Arsenal and Barca

Cole was the best fullback in the league for a few years running. I've felt a decline in his form tho. Not giving as much offensively, and still makes the occasional bad mistake an attacking fullback makes. Somebody like Enrique at LIverpool seems a good fit because he really doesn't make many defensive mistakes, but can still get up and help the attack.

Amazing how he still holds up considering the amount of minutes he logs for us every year. Say what you will about him off the pitch but he is a true professional.

BlueLion. likes this

imo, he is undoubtedly the finest full back in the world. He might not have the blistering pace he had before and that does limit his marauding runs forward but he has been able to make up for that and adapt his game, defensively he is rock solid, still a big threat going forward and remarkably composed on the ball and a real leader to boot.

Even with 4 players missing, it's because we still have players like Cole available to us that give us a chance of winning the Champions League this season.