Ashley Cole

Madmax

He's always been a bit of a twat but he was a great player so he was allowed a lot of latitude. Now he's not doing it on the pitch so he can't get away with as much off of it, although this whole story makes me feel a little sad for Ashley.

Nah, he's always been fine and out of the spotlight off the field. I've still not come to terms with all this yet, Ash was playing well in the first 5 games of the season, looked quick and fit and now he can't get a game and when he does, he hasn't quite been the same. Is it possible for a player who's always been a machine fitness wise to just lose it within weeks? Very strange.

In theory he should be able to do what he wants in his free time, but players know that they should have the club's image in mind whatever they do. Because doing something silly like attending Arsenal's party a few days before we play them gives the media something to write and make stories about and you end up discussing the event and not focusing on the game like we are right now.

However one looks at it, he should be able to attend Arsenal party, whether jose likes it or not. There is no reason to reprimand him for it. Play him, after all, there is no better than him at LB. These idiotic quarrels create a bad atmosphere at the club, only.

Of all the times to go to an Arsenal xmas party. When he's not been playing for us, under Jose Mourinho, half a week ish before we play them. Smart move Ash.

When he could have gone out drinking with Rooney. :drunk: It could have stirred up dust in the Rooney thread, atleast.

I dont think I seen a good game from Cole this season...

Must be back with Cheryl or gunning another one...

Age, combined with lack of body strength and loss of his general pace which is often why he is a liability. His excellent last ditched tackles and blocks remain though ;)

i have noticed attackers go past him/get behind him easily these days. and whenever he makes an attacking run he runs out of energy and loses the ball even if he has a big head start on the chasers.

would rather play bertrand, if he is even still around

You know, fair play to Cole for handling being dropped very well and waiting patiently for his opportunity again. Ash is decent.

Still celebrates Chelsea goals the same way, people doubt that he actually loves CFC but I think he does.

• 3 weeks later...