PSG v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ramires will start for sure. Matic has been very good lately, Ramires is one of the reasons for that. He provides the right stability and is the perfect partner for Matic in big games.

We've seen the Cesc-Matic combination a few times in big (away) games this season and we struggled.

- United 1-1

- Liverpool COC 1-0

- Spurs 5-3

I expect:

Cech/Courtois

Iva Zouma JT Azpi

Ramires Matic

Willian Cesc Hazard

Costa

Cesc is a must, Zouma will probably start to deal with the pacey PSG attackers. Courtois or Cech? Not sure.

Yeah that's fine.....Just forget he [ivanovic] scored the winner to put us in the cup final, and the winner against villa and the cross and the 2 assists he's provided for goals in the last 5 games.!.... :ph34r:

I agree, forget all those. Instead just focus on...

...Jose is infatuated with him [ivanovic] so...

Indeed he is so... that'll do for me thank you.

I'm not saying that an appeal to authority is ever the way to conclude a discussion. I strongly respect the argument that goes, just because Jose, or anyone else for that matter, thinks something don't necessarily make it so. Thing is, I'm almost ashamed to admit, because Jose says, does work for me. So, for me, that closes the case.

Cahill will no doubt start. Zouma might get the nod at the bridge, but in Paris, Jose will almost certainly go with Cahill.

Depends on the approach. For a more open game Jose won't be afraid to select Zouma I think.

Depends on the approach. For a more open game Jose won't be afraid to select Zouma I think.

Zouma hasn't started away in the EPL and I doubt Jose will start him away in the CL. Jose always does that with young players. He starts them only at home for the first few months where the pressure is less.

Come on, we all know Mourinho's entire tactical approach at this point: overwhelm the rubbish teams and defend deep / counter-attack against anybody half-decent. His tactics are very basic (the most basic of all the top managers) so there will be no surprises at all.

His tactics are much more complicated than you think. Just because we, the common football fans, can't see what he is up to doesn't mean that his tactics are "basic". If they are, how come we have only lost 4 times this season?

His tactics are much more complicated than you think. Just because we, the common football fans, can't see what he is up to doesn't mean that his tactics are "basic". If they are, how come we have only lost 4 times this season?

Because we have better players than most of the teams we play.

It's really really hard to keep motivating yourselves after winning the title season after season, Wolfsburg will nick the title of Bayern sooner rather than later aswell. Even Fergie the ultimate motivatior could never pull off 4 in a row.

The CL is a different kettle off fish, don't expect there lethargic league displays on show vs us.

Yeah, I agree they will be up for it, no doubt about it, but at the same time the lack of strong opponents in that poor league can turn against them to be fair.

They've been poor all season, there is no way they go Barcelona 2010/11 level all of a sudden.

Chelsea might not be te ultimate football team, but this is a tie that Jose has to win. There are other teams that Chelsea should be afraid of, such as Bayern, Madrid, Barcelona, Atletico. Not Paris.

I might sound a bit cocky, but Paris is nothing special. And their best player's record in Champions League knock-out phase speaks volumes - 7 goals in his entire career.

Ibrahimovic is a great player for Serie A and Ligue 1, but a fraud in Champions League. Especially against English teams (3 goals in 16 matches vs English opposition or something similar to this).

I'm not arrogant, just confident that Chelsea can knock out a team that consists of players such as David Luiz (clown), Maxwell, Sirigu, Motta, Lucas Moura (headless chicken).

If you are afraid of such team then you don't deserve to be challenging for big trophies. What about when Bayern gonna be knocking at the door?? Declare forfait just because they pass the shit out of every opponent? No team is better than you and that should be the mentality.

I would like to see us to have a great Counter-attacking display come Tuesday, and i expect thats what JM will set us up to do.

We know we wont go 'mano y mano' against PSG AWAY from home, there's just no need, and its not the JM way. However!

We have not played a clean counter-attcaking game in ages, (granted because we're facing weaker opposition week-in-week-out) but the point still stands. Whenever we try to hit teams on the break, theres usually misplaced passes galore or a hold up that kills the break.

PSG will gladly take the possesion, as its a vital part to how they play..however, im not too confident we'll be clinical or even successful if we try to play that way. Of course i'm hoping to be proved wrong, but to have expectations of that classic Man City away 1-0 may be too much for me.

Screw the players, Laurent Blanc is one of the worst top flight coaches in the world. Unbelieve how that man is in the job. As long as he is there I'll be fairly confident. I'd be there same even if he was managing Real Madrid or Munich. Horrendous coach.