PSG v Chelsea

Jase

Yeah that's fine.....Just forget he scored the winner to put us in the cup final, and the winner against villa and the cross and the 2 assists he's provided for goals in the last 5 games.!.... :ph34r:

The CL is unforgiving. When the opposition make him pay for his defensive mistakes he won't be allowed the chance to rectify it.

He is a massive player,he makes up for his mistakes! I didn't see Azpi Going up and scoring after his fuck up in the City game for the goal!

If Ivanovic scored every time he fucked up he'd probably be our leading goalscorer by now.

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The CL is unforgiving. When the opposition make him pay for his defensive mistakes he won't be allowed the chance to rectify it.

If Ivanovic scored every time he fucked up he'd probably be our leading goalscorer by now.

Not my point, Luis fucks up, so does Azpi.

They don't score or assist!

Brana will play. 100% every game if he's fit

Not my point, Luis fucks up, so does Azpi. They don't score or assist! Brana will play. 100% every game if he's fit

They don't fuck up anywhere near as much and I'm sure they would assist more if they were allowed to play regularly and in their right positions. I agree with you on the last bit - Ivanovic will play every game (even if he isn't fit) although it's not because he's a better FB than Azpi/Luis.

We are more prepared this year than last, and they are inferior to their team from last year. Now watch us lose this clash.. No doubt we are the better team, but in football nothing is for sure and I can easily see us going down. Hopefully we get through, we have a really great chance of advancing.

Matic, Fab and Costa. Three world class players we didn't have last year... Should make all the difference.

Barcelona couldn't win here but we can ok:).

Yes because footballs that simple, you do remember a McLeish plagued Villa side beat us at Stamford Bridge few years back, guess we couldn't have gone on and say won the CL a few months later.

Let's hope to zouma getting another start against Paris. To think he is only 20 and will improve so much more under Jose.

I think this sort of game might be too soon for Zouma. It's bigger than City and Liverpool. But who knows, Mourinho is known for throwing young players in the deep end. Personally, I'll start Cahill.

If Cahill can channel anything near his 2012 CL Final performance then I'd love to see him start. Cahill's been poor lately, but has looked astounding on the biggest stage before. Zouma's in better current form, but is still pretty green. Tough decision for Mou.

I watched PSG play in their league cup in SF, and they were literally awful. Moura got possession 7-8 times, he used one of them well, I'm not exaggerating. If they've been playing like this throughout the season, there is nothing to worry about.

They're not in good form, but that doesn't mean much. CL is where most of their guys want to shine... Ligue 1 isn't really motivational enough for them right now.

Despite this I still expect a good result. An away goal is a must! I'd roll with:

Cech (can't drop him after that performance IMO)

Iva

Zouma

Terry

Azpilicueta

Matic

Fabregas

Cuadrado

Willian

Hazard

Costa

Hope José doesn't respect them too much though. I'd love to see the Chelsea that went to the Etihad last year and put on a masterclass, if we put in that kind of a performance the win is ours. No need to relegate our offensive game.

My lineup:

Cech

Ivano - Cahill (I will go with experience in this game) - Terry - Luis

Ramires - Matic - Cesc

Willian - Costa - Hazard

433 is the formation we should go with in this game imo.

That won't happen - the whole problem we have had is width. That team is way too narrow.

We need the same lineup as Everton, except Fabregas for Ramires IMHO

We need Cuadrado and Hazard on the wings to keep their defence back and to give Costa space in the middle

Finally! A proper f**king match!

Whilst the rest of the country are sat around bothering about the FA cup, we're preparing for a proper competition! I haven't looked at PSG much this season but any club of their size is a major threat when they're playing in the Champions League. Just look at Dortmund as an example of a team not performing well in their domestic league but raising their game when it matters.

I would take a draw, preferably a 1-1 or 2-2.

They're not in good form, but that doesn't mean much. CL is where most of their guys want to shine... Ligue 1 isn't really motivational enough for them right now.

Despite this I still expect a good result. An away goal is a must! I'd roll with:

Cech (can't drop him after that performance IMO)

Iva

Zouma

Terry

Azpilicueta

Matic

Fabregas

Cuadrado

Willian

Hazard

Costa

Hope José doesn't respect them too much though. I'd love to see the Chelsea that went to the Etihad last year and put on a masterclass, if we put in that kind of a performance the win is ours. No need to relegate our offensive game.

He will.

Come on, we all know Mourinho's entire tactical approach at this point: overwhelm the rubbish teams and defend deep / counter-attack against anybody half-decent. His tactics are very basic (the most basic of all the top managers) so there will be no surprises at all.

We have to hope that PSG leave space on the counter which we can exploit and get some away goals.