PSG v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surprised that you sound more confident about beating Barca as they would make a much more formidable opponent IMO, especially with the way Messi is playing this year.

Messi's record against Chelsea isn't very impressive, but of course that can always change.

I feel like, in order to beat us, you have to have the better midfield. That is the most important thing you must do to win. I am more impressed with PSG's midfield than Barcelona's. Verratti is playing very well this season and I'm a huge fan of Blaise Matuidi. Of course Barcelona has great midfielders like Busquets and Rakitic but somehow I don't fear Barcelona as much as I fear PSG.

In football everything can happen though, feel free to quote me if we steamroll over PSG and then get raped by Barca later on lol :D

Definitely. Good luck to The Engineer - he'll certainly need it.

Not sure if City exiting the Champions League in the last 16 is the ideal situation. They would have then have free weeks to prepare for the league games.

Mourra is overrated. All he has is pace and dribbles, other than that he's an awful footballer. I remember he was criticized after our second leg with them.

He's been their best player this season and has finally added some goals to his game. He's definitely not an "awful" player as you're making out. Easily one of the best players in that league. I'm not sure how you come to these conclusions.

Not sure if City exiting the Champions League in the last 16 is the ideal situation. They would have then have free weeks to prepare for the league games.

I quite like us being the only good English team in the CL and would love to see City fall (very) short again but on the flip side it would probably be better that they progress. Like you say we don't want them to have no midweek games and if Barca are knocked out of the CL that is one less big obstacle in the way of CL glory.

Messi's record against Chelsea isn't very impressive, but of course that can always change. I feel like, in order to beat us, you have to have the better midfield. That is the most important thing you must do to win. I am more impressed with PSG's midfield than Barcelona's. Verratti is playing very well this season and I'm a huge fan of Blaise Matuidi. Of course Barcelona has great midfielders like Busquets and Rakitic but somehow I don't fear Barcelona as much as I fear PSG. In football everything can happen though, feel free to quote me if we steamroll over PSG and then get raped by Barca later on lol :D

I reckon Messi will be extremely motivated against us after his penalty miss last time and because of the fact that he hasn't scored against us. And a motivated Messi spells massive trouble for absolutely any team. PSG are a good side but I don't think they'll be too difficult to overcome if we play well. Barca, meanwhile, have looked scarily good this past month. Press them high and you're screwed because they now have a lethal counter attack. Sit back and try to play on the counter and you're probably also screwed. Did you watch Barca's 1-0 win against Atleti in the Copa Del Rey? Barca's (counter) pressing looked to finally be at its best again, which meant that the best counter attacking side in the world (IMO) were often penned in and could barely get out of their own half. Simeone praised Barca's excellent pressing after the game too. Like you say anything could happen but I think that if we get our tactics spot on against PSG we will win. If we get our tactics spot on against Barca we might well still lose.

What is funny is so many think we will just go there and 'win'...hahaha you seen what we did against Liverpool, City...etc away. Why on Earth would he change it now? He did try attacking against Spurs and we basically got raped so from now on it will be full on bus parking mentality away from home against big teams/European ties like this one.

Barcelona couldn't win here but we can...OK :) I predict Mourinho criticism to rise again next week unless he does a Wenger at City-aka discovering his 'eureka' moment and found a new way to play away from home against big teams.

Noone is saying e'll roll them over. Just a bit sick of posts saying 'gee, I hope we don't get stuffed 4-1 because you know, that could happen.'

Yes it could, but we are a better team than PSG so have the right to be positive about this tie!!

He's been their best player this season and has finally added some goals to his game. He's definitely not an "awful" player as you're making out. Easily one of the best players in that league. I'm not sure how you come to these conclusions.

Their best player this season is Verratti. You could ask any PSG fan or anyone who watches ligue 1. I came to that conclusion because I watched a lot of PSG this season, and other than pace and dribbles he really is awful at every other aspect of the game. He plays in the best team of his league and the most dominant one. they have the ball all the time and create infinite chances and yet he only scored 7 goals(2 of them penalties). That means he's behind players like Fekir,Wass etc.. and most of his goals came when Zlatan was injured (gets more chances to score).

He is a very gifted player but he needs to evolve tactically, and improve his movement, decision making, positioning, reading of the game to be a top player. It's no surprise he can't make it in his national team.

Their best player this season is Verratti. You could ask any PSG fan or anyone who watches ligue 1. I came to that conclusion because I watched a lot of PSG this season, and other than pace and dribbles he really is awful at every other aspect of the game. He plays in the best team of his league and the most dominant one. they have the ball all the time and create infinite chances and yet he only scored 7 goals(2 of them penalties). That means he's behind players like Fekir,Wass etc.. and most of his goals came when Zlatan was injured (gets more chances to score).

He is a very gifted player but he needs to evolve tactically, and improve his movement, decision making, positioning, reading of the game to be a top player. It's no surprise he can't make it in his national team.

Okay, I agree that he's still a bit to raw and pretty poor tactically, but in my opinion, he's their most dangerous player because of his speed and dribbling. I can't say I've watched PSG too much this season as opposed to last season, but from the little I've seen and from what I've read from sports writers, he's been their most impressive player. I also watched him play Barcelona twice this season and he arguably was the best player on the pitch in both matches. It's crazy to say he's an awful player.

As for not making the NT, it's not like it was a unanimously supported view. Most people wanted him at the WC instead of Hulk, and rightly so.

Okay, I agree that he's still a bit to raw and pretty poor tactically, but in my opinion, he's their most dangerous player because of his speed and dribbling. I can't say I've watched PSG too much this season as opposed to last season, but from the little I've seen and from what I've read from sports writers, he's been their most impressive player. I also watched him play Barcelona twice this season and he arguably was the best player on the pitch in both matches. It's crazy to say he's an awful player.

As for not making the NT, it's not like it was a unanimously supported view. Most people wanted him at the WC instead of Hulk, and rightly so.

Depending on our lineup and tactics during the games. and seeing how Coutinho cut our midfield open , I wouldn't be surprised to see Lucas cause us some trouble. Yes I probably exaggerated saying he's awful but I definitely don't think he's the player people are making him out to be or that he's worth his price tag so far.

Drop Ivanovic? :l Arguably our best player last few games

You mean aside from the incredibly awful and brainless decision to try to intercept Gerrard's pass to Moreno (and thus gifting Pool a 1v1), the constant turnovers of the ball in every match especially against City in incredibly dangerous positions, the lapse in concentration to gift Villa an equaliser and the lapse in concentration to allow Lukaku a sitter? That's at least one huge mistake in each of the last four games he's played but he scored a couple and Jose is infatuated with him so he must be one of our best players...

You mean aside from the incredibly awful and brainless decision to try to intercept Gerrard's pass to Moreno (and thus giving Pool a 1v1), the constant turnovers of the ball in every match especially against City in incredibly dangerous positions, the lapse in concentration to gift Villa an equaliser and the lapse in concentration to allow Lukaku a sitter? That's one huge mistake in each of the last four games he's played.

Yeah that's fine.....Just forget he scored the winner to put us in the cup final, and the winner against villa and the cross and the 2 assists he's provided for goals in the last 5 games.!.... :ph34r: