PSG v Chelsea

Jase

Not well going by his St Etienne days, last season Zlatan scored a brace against them in a 2-0 win, whilst he was playing. (Not really comparable and I don't know if he was anything to do with the goals in all fairness) In the other game St Etienne drew 2-2.

I think we should play him against them though as he probably knows them and what they can do better than any other player in the team.

Oh yup. I had forgotten all about zouma's french connection. Even more reason to start him.

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last season Without Matic,costa and fabregas we knocked them out....this season they are even worse while we improved a lot...I am confident we will win

courtois

ivan zouma terry luis

ramires Matic

willian cesc Hazard

costa

Far too many posters are far too confident about our chances of winning this tie. True, PSG appear to have weakened since last season, but this is a knock-out tie and one that they will be extremely motivated for. Our own club has demonstrated that it is entirely possible to succeed in the UCL with a sub-par squad that is enduring a difficult season in the domestic league. It should also be noted that despite us having strengthened and improved our squad since last season, we have actually been less than impressive in most of the 'big' games we have played this season (at least in terms of our game-management).

Far too many posters are far too confident about our chances of winning this tie. True, PSG appear to have weakened since last season, but this is a knock-out tie and one that they will be extremely motivated for. Our own club has demonstrated that it is entirely possible to succeed in the UCL with a sub-par squad that is enduring a difficult season in the domestic league. It should also be noted that despite us having strengthened and improved our squad since last season, we have actually been less than impressive in most of the 'big' games we have played this season (at least in terms of our game-management).

I agree with that. PSG aren't some mediocre side, they are a very strong team. In this same competition this season, they comfortably beat Barcelona 3-1 in Paris. I don't care about their form in Ligue 1, because they're motivation to win it so nowhere near as strong as to win the CL.

What is funny is so many think we will just go there and 'win'...hahaha you seen what we did against Liverpool, City...etc away. Why on Earth would he change it now? He did try attacking against Spurs and we basically got raped so from now on it will be full on bus parking mentality away from home against big teams/European ties like this one.

Barcelona couldn't win here but we can...OK :) I predict Mourinho criticism to rise again next week unless he does a Wenger at City-aka discovering his 'eureka' moment and found a new way to play away from home against big teams.

We are more prepared this year than last, and they are inferior to their team from last year. Now watch us lose this clash.. No doubt we are the better team, but in football nothing is for sure and I can easily see us going down. Hopefully we get through, we have a really great chance of advancing.

We are more prepared this year than last, and they are inferior to their team from last year. Now watch us lose this clash.. No doubt we are the better team, but in football nothing is for sure and I can easily see us going down. Hopefully we get through, we have a really great chance of advancing.

It all depends on Jose's approach. If he takes the safe/coward road we will probably lose, but if he shows some ball and allow the players to show how good they are(not gungho football) then we will win.

Looking forward to David Luiz getting the run around by Diego Costa. What a battle that will be.

Take a draw in this fixture though, as long as we get the away goal and keep a clean sheet at home.

NO SHIT SHERLOCK!!!

I firmly believe we could beat Barcelona and I think (maybe just blind hope lol) that we will beat PSG on aggregate.

Surprised that you sound more confident about beating Barca as they would make a much more formidable opponent IMO, especially with the way Messi is playing this year.

Surprised that you sound more confident about beating Barca as they would make a much more formidable opponent IMO, especially with the way Messi is playing this year.

Plus Neymar and even Suarez. Barcelona have come to life since all that crisis talk. Their performances have been so much better of late compared to the first half of the season.