PSG v Chelsea

Jase

Cech

Azpi zouma JT luis

Matic rambo

Willian cesc hazard

Costa

Cech for the obvious reasons. Zouma has now had aguero and lukaku in his pocket. Lets see how he does against zlatan. Defensively solid in the mid and hot them on the wings where they are weakest. Also trust in LUIZ. An away goal is the minimum he ll do for us

Not well going by his St Etienne days, last season Zlatan scored a brace against them in a 2-0 win, whilst he was playing. (Not really comparable and I don't know if he was anything to do with the goals in all fairness) In the other game St Etienne drew 2-2.

I think we should play him against them though as he probably knows them and what they can do better than any other player in the team.

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on our approach:

Cautious plan(play for a draw) PSG 4-1 Chelsea

Good game trying to defend well but occasionally show willingness to go forward: PSG 2-1 Chelsea

Predict it will be the 1st part so PSG will win convincingly and we will go out of CL

Lucas Moura. People forget about him, he's a monster. In my eyes their best and most dangeorus player. Veratti...... Matuidi.... Cabaye. It's hardly just Zlatan or even Cavani.

Mourra is overrated. All he has is pace and dribbles, other than that he's an awful footballer. I remember he was criticized after our second leg with them. Zlatan is performing terribly at the moment and fails to convert most of his chances. Cavani is mainly a counter attack player, who is quite superb but lacks finishing and is quite low on confidence at the moment. Matuidi is a similar player to Ramires. Cabaye is not even a starter. Verratti is having his best season for PSG.

Basically this season, all of PSG players are underperforming except Verratti, but they remain a good team who are capable of giving a tough time to any team in europe. Barca who was undefeated at the time and conceded 0 goals lost to them at the start of the season so I wouldn't write them off but I can't stop being confident about those games. Mourinho factor I guess.

Depends on our approach:

Good game trying to defend well but occasionally show willingness to go forward: PSG 2-1 Chelsea

Predict it will be the 1st part so PSG will win convincingly and we will go out of CL

not to sound cocky, but how about a bet on it?

Mourra is overrated. All he has is pace and dribbles, other than that he's an awful footballer. I remember he was criticized after our second leg with them. Zlatan is performing terribly at the moment and fails to convert most of his chances. Cavani is mainly a counter attack player, who is quite superb but lacks finishing and is quite low on confidence at the moment. Matuidi is a similar player to Ramires. Cabaye is not even a starter. Verratti is having his best season for PSG. Basically this season, all of PSG players are underperforming except Verratti, but they remain a good team who are capable of giving a tough time to any team in europe. Barca who was undefeated at the time and conceded 0 goals lost to them at the start of the season so I wouldn't write them off but I can't stop being confident about those games. Mourinho factor I guess.

Form will definitely go out of the window when it comes to a huge CL tie like this.

not to sound cocky, but how about a bet on it?

Naaa that is not how it will go down but I can see something similar to that based on our big results away from home this and last season. He will set out for a draw, they WILL SCORE and the plan goes right out of the window. Maybe we can ride our luck and escape with a 1-1 if we got great luck like against Liverpool a few weeks ago.

Not well going by his St Etienne days, last season Zlatan scored a brace against them in a 2-0 win, whilst he was playing. (Not really comparable and I don't know if he was anything to do with the goals in all fairness) In the other game St Etienne drew 2-2.

I think we should play him against them though as he probably knows them and what they can do better than any other player in the team.

Cech

Azpi zouma JT luis

Matic rambo

Willian cesc hazard

Costa

Cech for the obvious reasons. Zouma has now had aguero and lukaku in his pocket. Lets see how he does against zlatan. Defensively solid in the mid and hot them on the wings where they are weakest. Also trust in LUIZ. An away goal is the minimum he ll do for us

http://youtu.be/fRDAcWo_msE

Depends on our approach:

For a Chelsea fan you seem to be rarely positive about our chances in games....

not a chance we will lose 4-1, PSG are VERY average this season. Yes they have Zlatan but not many other players are on form. Lucas is very hit and miss, Cavani is v poor, even Matuidi has lost a step on his form last season. They have gone backwards since last season while we are much better than we were.

Why?
Why? I don't get it. If we draw 0-0, we just need to win. If we lose 2-1, we need to win by a specific score, and we could win and still go out....

Sorry I didn't phrase that very well. Away goals can be hugely important as we saw in this very tie last year and I think it's worth risking a defeat for the benefit of an away goal (although you're right that a 2-1 loss isn't better than a 0-0 per se). If we actively seek to score then I think the worst that could happen is a 3-1 repeat of last year but if we play for a 0-0 then given how we have struggled to keep clean sheets in the big games I could see it being 2-0 to PSG and that would all but knock us out. Bottom line is we should not just sit back the entire game and I don't think we will.

Lucas Moura. People forget about him, he's a monster. In my eyes their best and most dangeorus player. Veratti...... Matuidi.... Cabaye. It's hardly just Zlatan or even Cavani.

While I agree they aren't just Cavani and Zlatan, they aren't nearly as imposing as they were last year. With the improvements we've made as a team and with a full strength squad we should be able to see this tie out. PSG are like a Helium balloon losing its helium slowly... I'm not in any way, shape or form as nervous as I was last year.

They are worse than last season while Chelsea is far better.

Paris' matches this season have been better than sleeping pills most of the times. For the money invested, they are shockingly bad.

Jose managed to thump them with a midfield of Lampard and David Luiz, plus a 33 yo forward. And no Hazard.

Just score a goal or two in that shit hole and we're through.

It's really really hard to keep motivating yourselves after winning the title season after season, Wolfsburg will nick the title of Bayern sooner rather than later aswell. Even Fergie the ultimate motivatior could never pull off 4 in a row.

The CL is a different kettle off fish, don't expect there lethargic league displays on show vs us.