• Matic
    • Fabregas
    • Willian
    • Costa
    • Hazard
    • Cuadrado (sub)
    • Remy (sub)
    • Oscar (sub)

We had this game COMPLETELY under control, until our defense once again just succumbed. I know his classy flick has played a big part on our goal, but Cahill is a liability. With him in defense we'll never look confident or comfortable. His flick in the attack was luck. Iva is also a liability (although he improved as the match went on - there was clear some manager instruction for him to be in the box instead of closing down wingers and LBs in the wings, so I can't blame him for this positioning, rather Mourinho), but he ALWAYS scores important goals. It wasn't luck, he's always in those positions.

I hope to see Zouma at the Bridge. It was sort of expected that Cahill would start this one, but Mourinho needs to let it go completely and start Zouma away and home, league and Europe, it doesn't matter. Or he buys a replacement that he trusts to do it, Cahill shouldn't ever start a Chelsea match again.

Cesc was terrible, Willian and Hazard were hiding in the pitch. Our attack was disappointing, pathetic and invisible - with Costa also having a bad match. I understand that was the approach Mourinho went with, but it was still terrible. We didn't play bad, we just didn't seem to want to do something with the match, which is disappointing because PSG wasn't any better than I expected them to be. They were beatable, we leveled things up with our tactics and our players being invisible. I trust us to win at the Bridge, but what I don't trust at all is us not conceding.

It is crazy you don't mention Courtois; he needs to be part tonight, no? [emoji12]

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Result favours us but a poor performance, really. This PSG team played against Caen and drew 2-2, in which they came out of the game with a few injuries. You would of hoped for a bit more of an attacking approach. Did we even have a shot that game? I doubt it. Think we had 1 shot that game and that was it. That is appalling. Judging by the game you would have assumed we were the fatigued team playing around 3 games in a week when the reality is we had a whole bloody week off. No injuries apart from Mikel yet once again we give too much respect to the 'bigger' teams. It is really frustrating. That is why I knew it was naive beforehand for people to think we would wipe PSG off the floor tonight because that is not our approach to that. Especially under Mourinho.

Fabregas is a quality player but if the plan is to set up this way in every single 'big' away game we have is it really any point of having him in the team? He can't run and can't do all the tracking back we require of him. He is a playmaker, not an engine or counter-attacking player. Just look at the City game, tonight and even United. We let the opposition dominate too much and Fabregas is useless in this sort of contain-counter strategy. You might as well just have the balls to drop him and play a counter-attacking player like Cuadrado or Oscar instead. Because apart from his set-pieces in these games we don't see the best of him. No point mentioning his vision or playmaking skills because we don't keep the ball enough to utilize that. Mourinho must think. Keep setting up this way in the big games away from home, then is it worth having Fabregas or an alternative player who is faster and has more stamina. I know Fabregas was feeling ill but for me that is not an excuse for how he performed. The reason he struggled is because of the way we set up. Fabregas was the same in the other big games away from home and it is not really his fault when his best qualities are dictating play.

Anyway, like I said the result is good but the performance considering PSG had a few injury concerns and fatigue, I expected much better. 2 shots for the whole game and especially considering the shots were not really that threatening is poor. The most annoying thing is we have the players to hurt these teams if we went for it but like usual in so many big away games we don't show that much ambition and it is a shame with the amount of flair players we have. Others may accuse people of whining for unnecessary reasons but I feel justified in my reasons to be annoyed with our performance tonight.

Hazard for me MOTM anyway. His balance is amazing.

Yeah, Cesc really does not like to play outside of the CM role.. a 4-3-3 would be better in this kind of game, although I guess Jose did not feel like putting Ake out there.

Anyway, we got a 1-1, roll on the Bridge.

Btw, lol at all the people calling Diego shit. Some of you people are so fickle it's unreal. Same with Cesc, he's given us so much this season (although imo Willian should be the default no 10)

Cahill had an okay game - would still like to see Zouma play though, he would never have given away the Cavani goal. Ivanovic is a hero again.

It's a fine result. Not much else too say.

yes, it is fine result, but if we repeated this performance against big team, we will go out

We look so inferior, hopeless in attack

Imagening if we PSG fans our neutral fans

We will probably said "PSG absolutely better team tonight, they play like a shit. Which is really shameful.

And remind me, When the last time beside the conceded they threatening our goalie ? Almost none"

Sometimes im sick with mourinho approach in away games when face good team

He set the team only play for draw

You only sitback, sitback and play too much insecure and safety, just try calm, but play really slow

It almost remind me what i disllike from mikel

I just don't enjoy knockout Champions League nights anymore. We play awful at both ends of the pitch, rely almost entirely on lucky breaks/set pieces as soon as we come up against anyone half decent and go out anyway.

That is what makes 2012 even more bizarre. Our shit tactics finally worked in Europe.

This is further evidence that we could still do with a top class box to box midfield player who is dangerous in attack. Rather than having Ramires who contributes fuck all to our attack or Oscar who plays one great match in 5, I wish we'd get Pogba and play him just in front of Matić and Cesc. A player that can do it all effectively.

We must at least TRY to sign him. We all know he's leaving Juve and he should be priority number one along with another CB. If we win the league we'll have plenty of cash to spend.

No way that ball would pass near Zouma to Cavani, of course it passed near Cahill. But he had a beautiful assist.

And Fabregas is not good as AM, much better as CM. I think we should try to play 4-3-3 against big teams. Matic-Fabregas-Ramires and and Hazard-Costa-Cuadrado in front of them.

For the people complaining, Bayern got a 0-0 and had only one shot on target against Shakhtar.

The cheap goal we gave away completely changed the momentum of the match. Credit to PSG who played very well and Blanc who got his tactics spot on.