• Hazard
    • Cuadrado (sub)
    • Remy (sub)
    • Oscar (sub)

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a reminder for those moaning about negative tactics - the attacking minded team that mighty Bayern Munchen is has only had one shot on goal playing against Shakhtar on a neutral venue.

I'll take this. Rather win trophies this way than bottle things at the end a la Liverpool.

Courtois MOTM.

We had this game COMPLETELY under control, until our defense once again just succumbed. I know his classy flick has played a big part on our goal, but Cahill is a liability. With him in defense we'll never look confident or comfortable. His flick in the attack was luck. Iva is also a liability (although he improved as the match went on - there was clear some manager instruction for him to be in the box instead of closing down wingers and LBs in the wings, so I can't blame him for this positioning, rather Mourinho), but he ALWAYS scores important goals. It wasn't luck, he's always in those positions.

I hope to see Zouma at the Bridge. It was sort of expected that Cahill would start this one, but Mourinho needs to let it go completely and start Zouma away and home, league and Europe, it doesn't matter. Or he buys a replacement that he trusts to do it, Cahill shouldn't ever start a Chelsea match again.

Cesc was terrible, Willian and Hazard were hiding in the pitch. Our attack was disappointing, pathetic and invisible - with Costa also having a bad match. I understand that was the approach Mourinho went with, but it was still terrible. We didn't play bad, we just didn't seem to want to do something with the match, which is disappointing because PSG wasn't any better than I expected them to be. They were beatable, we leveled things up with our tactics and our players being invisible. I trust us to win at the Bridge, but what I don't trust at all is us not conceding.

Terrible 2nd half. I can't stress how poor the 2nd half was.

And our best defenders in the world didn't win one ball in the air against Ibra.

They attacked through cahill/ivanovic side all through and we couldn't stop them yet again. When zouma played we forgot that weakness.

Terrible passing and pressing throughout.

Completely agree. They keep attacking g our right side and we just cannot keep up with cavani and Ibra

A few thoughts:

• We are incapable of holding a 1-0 lead in the big away games so conceding was inevitable
  • PSG easily nullified our outball to Ivanovic
  • Costa was clearly very rusty and offered little
  • Our counter attacking (or any attacking really) was non-existent
  • You cannot play through the middle against big sides (I don't know why we even try) so we need to make better use of width - Luis could have been very useful
  • We were more compact in the midfield than usual which was good to see but looked very vulnerable from wide positions and set-pieces
  • I don't understand why our widemen defend 1v1 and the FB drops into the box. Surely it would be better to double up and prevent the cross coming in because otherwise you're bound to concede chances (their equaliser was an example of this)
  • Great display from Courtois but he should never have to be that involved or make so many saves. When your GK is the MOTM it means you've fucked up defensively
  • Overall very good result but a poor performance

with ramires sitting deep ..you cannot control the tempo ..fabregas must be the partner of matic..we are lucky enough to get a draw...our negative approach is not stopping the chances being created by the opposition...our counterattacking play is non existent and transition of the ball is very poor

Ivanovic in no-mans land for their goal, is not participating in trying to stop the cross and is not covering the first post hence why Cahill gets drawn out there and the space he leaves for Cavani to run into.

But then again without Iva we wouldn't have scored and 1-1 is better than 0-0

Just a reminder for those moaning about negative tactics - the attacking minded team that mighty Bayern Munchen is has only had one shot on goal playing against Shakhtar on a neutral venue.

I'll take this. Rather win trophies this way than bottle things at the end a la Liverpool.

Courtois MOTM.

Yeah but the CL win nearly killed me - I still suffer from high blood pressure :)

For once - I'd love to have an easy night :)

Cesc was terrible, Willian and Hazard were hiding in the pitch. Our attack was disappointing, pathetic and invisible - with Costa also having a bad match. I understand that was the approach Mourinho went with, but it was still terrible. We didn't play bad, we just didn't seem to want to do something with the match, which is disappointing because PSG wasn't any better than I expected them to be. They were beatable, we leveled things up with our tactics and our players being invisible. I trust us to win at the Bridge, but what I don't trust at all is us not conceding.

Mourinho's fault tbh. Cesc is no nr10, Willian and Hazard were wing backs today. Nothing pretty was ever gonna come from our tactics today I'm afraid

If we had been asked before the game we would all have taken 1-1. It wasn't an amazing performance, but it's good enough, especially going back to the Bridge. Tibo MOTM. Relax people.

Yeah, we will take the score but we were extremely lucky to get 1:1. They missed quite a few sitters