New Premier League TV Deal tops out at £5.16B!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They think they are the best and charge a lot for their channels, it's nice to see another company own some shares :) and that's why Virgin was moaning about the fees.

They are the best though :lol:

Their coverage for me is unrivalled. They have played a massive part in putting the Premier League where it is today. I have grown up with Sky. It has always been THE place to watch PL football. Without them things would just be weird.

Thank fuck for that, I cannot stand the pundits on BT Sport, alright I don't like the pundits on sky either apart from 3-4 but at least I can listen to them. I actually muted the spurs Liverpool game and popped on call of duty because I couldnt stand Michael Owens monotone voice.

Fantastic news the new mega contract for television rights of the Premier League. With this new agreement the teams of the Premier League stick a giant leap than the teams from other European leagues.

And besides this is a punch in the face for Real Madrid and Barcelona. As you have seen in the picture has another forum member in Spain sharing agreements money for television rights is very uneven and unfair. Real Madrid and Barcelona win 3 times more than the third team (Valencia), and eight times more than the team that receives less money.

But this year will change starting next year because the Spanish government is making a new law to change this unequal distribution of money for the rights of television in Spain, and probably next year the division in Spain happen to be like in the Premier League, so the Real Madrid and Barcelona will have less money each year, which is going to stop they spending so much money on irrationally signings .

In summary, the current arrangement of the rights of television in Spain than the new rights agreement the TV of the Premier League, the team that wins less money in England (Premier League) will earn as much money as Real Madrid and Barcelona. But next year, Real Madrid and Barcelona will win less money for the rights of television, so the difference will be much greater. The party for Real Madrid and Barcelona is running out.

A good news.

Regards to ALL.

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday, by surprise, the Spanish government has paralyzed the new law that would alter the allocation of money for television rights of La Liga.

This change would assume that the distribution of the money was going to be like in Premier League and Real Madrid or Barcelona were going to fail to gain € 140 million (101.63 million) per year and go on to win € 80 million (58.07 million) per year.

But with this change in the Spanish government now Real Madrid and Barcelona will continue earning € 140 million (101.63 million) per year again.

In this way they equalize the level of Real Madrid or Barcelona with English teams artificially.

La Liga is a joke. Behind Real Madrid and Barcelona are only Valencia (€ 48 / 34.84) and Atletico Madrid (€ 42 / 30.49). That is why La Liga is so boring. If there were no Simeone ... every year would be a showdown between Real Madrid and Barcelona in a league of 95 / 100 points.

A shame

DdVAomI.jpg

Regards.