In what circumstances would you choose to miss a Chelsea game?

LAB

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at Doha airport for that fixture this season, about ten minutes before full time we were told to put phones off/to flight mode ready for take off, couldn't find out the final score till I landed in Amsterdam.

damn!!! first the suspense and then the eventual disappointment of the scoreline.

im actually going to have to miss the 2nd half of Tuesday's game. my mother is in the middle of eye surgery and out of all the appointment slots this week hers is during the game. ive actually turned her into a fan the last couple of years so she's bummed about the timing as well. if i was in europe id have hope the game would be on in the doctor's office but here in the US they will most likely have mid day talk shows or something.

It has to be something quite out of the ordinary.

If it was a date like say with Sophia Loren, I 'd say to her "please my dear, let's make it tomorrow".

This does n't involve Chelsea, but in the year 1966 my class teacher went to the head and said "sir I have a memorial service to attend and I have to dismiss the class" (memorial service at 7.00 pm hours as well !). So we all went to AEK v. CSSKA Moscow, basket ball European semi, with flares as was the fashion of the era.

That one was some head. Nicknamed the Dilliger, later made into a film character sadistic head.

im actually going to have to miss the 2nd half of Tuesday's game. my mother is in the middle of eye surgery and out of all the appointment slots this week hers is during the game. ive actually turned her into a fan the last couple of years so she's bummed about the timing as well. if i was in europe id have hope the game would be on in the doctor's office but here in the US they will most likely have mid day talk shows or something.

GL with the surgery

I don't call out of work to watch a game...but if it is a big game, I will leave early or follow the game on Twitter... Twitter is actually really great for following Chelsea games, there are many Twitter accounts that give play by play analysis, also game/goal footage

Hi Guys,

Just a general question, not really sure which thread to go in. But What is the deal with Chelsea Tickets? Do you have to be a member to get tickets. Was going to get tickets for Southampton for me and my Dad, But unless I have a membership I can't really get one. Always had a membership. This year couldn't really afford to be going matches (New house and such) And can't get on the ticket exchange without either. Anyone shed any light? or is that just the way it goes?

Any help would be brilliant.

Thanks alot

Ad

I missed the bleedin Lolpool game a couple weeks back

Ive been staying 80 miles away from town and was waiting for the girlfriend to get back with my car (old Beetle convertible - my baby) so I could get downfor the game. She phoned crying and said she had been in a crash. So I jumped in a cab and goes the 15 miles to where she was to find it was only a fender bender. So after the cops had finished I drove home. Almost at home when I gets pulled over by the cops who did a background check and decides to search me.

So unfortunately I missed the game! Women eh. What would we do without them?