In what circumstances would you choose to miss a Chelsea game?

LAB

Attention: The title is tricky.

We are not interested in situations where you are obliged to do something really important (for example attend to your graduation). Or, if you are indeed going to watch a game in those extreme circumstances please don't keep this to yourself :P.

We are discussing simple everyday situations that it's your choice to do something else, or be at some other place, or make a favour to someone that time, and the list goes on. Please be specific.

You can also post here, if you want to, the reason that you may possibly miss the next game.

You may also ask other members about a certain situation you have in mind, what would they do. It can be as crazy as you like.

P.S. If this topic doesn't get past the first page, it practically means that most of us are never going to miss a Chelsea game whatever happens (which would be great if true)! :P:D

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Work... even then I called in sick in a few occasions. Don't regret anything

I normally make my schedule around Chelsea games. Turned down parties, barbecues parties, boyfriends, dates, everything in the book. First Chelsea, then all the rest can come.

I'll definitely be using a few well spotted medical appointments to make sure I leave work early, get to the doc and watch Chelsea during the week. I also used to watch the team through streams during work, when I wasn't a teacher and my manager knew it (as well as the whole floor, as many times I didn't contain my excitement and either yelled or jumped on my seat).

Anything else can wait.

In 2012/13 I missed a few games purely because I was getting exhausted just watching all the games we played that season. We'd play at home on Saturday then play an away game midweek then another game on Sunday then Europa league on Thursday or something and if I had gone to 2 and watched one on a stream I would just want to do something different on a Thursday night instead of watch Victor Moses blaze over from 30 yards away to Steaua Bucharest

Work... even then I called in sick in a few occasions. Don't regret anything

I normally make my schedule around Chelsea games. Turned down parties, barbecues parties, boyfriends, dates, everything in the book. First Chelsea, then all the rest can come.

I'll definitely be using a few well spotted medical appointments to make sure I leave work early, get to the doc and watch Chelsea during the week. I also used to watch the team through streams during work, when I wasn't a teacher and my manager knew it (as well as the whole floor, as many times I didn't contain my excitement and either yelled or jumped on my seat).

Anything else can wait.

I love being self employed!

I travel a lot between the Netherlands and Hong kong (12 hours flight without transfer).

The first thing I do is checking out the Chelsea match schedule before booking my tickets. I never travel on our (potential) matchdays.

Some friends called me crazy cause I rather pay more money for my tickets than flying on our matchdays.

Is this normal?

I missed the game on 3rd of December against Spurs due to a flight to Mumbai... travelling hours, time difference and lack of wifi ment I could not find out the result for about 3 days! Asked an Indian waiter if he liked the premier league to which he replied yes. At this point I was thinking he would know the Chelsea score... turns out his favourite team in the prem is Real Madrid!! Didnt even correct him he looked too happy

I missed the game on 3rd of December against Spurs due to a flight to Mumbai... travelling hours, time difference and lack of wifi ment I could not find out the result for about 3 days! Asked an Indian waiter if he liked the premier league to which he replied yes. At this point I was thinking he would know the Chelsea score... turns out his favourite team in the prem is Real Madrid!! Didnt even correct him he looked too happy

hahhhah.. did that really happen??

By the way, the mumbai airport has a very hi speed wifi (Ithink).

Me and my ex-girlfriend had an anniversary on the Champions League Final day

My mum got me a ticket for Munich (Yes the final), as her and her mates went and I had to turn it down after a 'discussion' with her.

Shaking my head even as I write this, girls are evil lads, steer clear.

If there is anyway I can watch the match, I will. As simple as that. In the last 5 years, the only match that was telecasted and that I missed was chelsea sunderland last season. The constant score checking was far more fruatrating than I think watching a shit performance. It was my bro's wedding and I swore to myself to never miss a match knowingly again. Just can't stand the suspense

The time difference causes a lot of problems for all mid-week games. I usually book a fake meeting on calendar and watch the matches at work. However, if you actually have work to get done, there's no way around it. I'm then forced to miss it. But I turn off the phone and everything so I can go home and watch it later.

I still remember I shouted at work when Torres scored the 2nd goal against Barca in our CL winning run. People must have been thinking I'm crazy.

If I miss a game it's either due to studying for exams or trying to keep up with all my favorite sports teams. Watching an Avalanche game at 3am on a Friday night, then a Nuggets game at 4am Saturday night with a Chelsea match scheduled for Sunday afternoon gets tiring at some point.