Chelsea v Everton

Jase

Matic will probably play every game for the rest of the season except:

- suspension/injury

- we wrap up league early

- home game vs liverpoo where we can play the youth team reserves as he won't be needed against such a shit fa team who cheat and bribe the refs and press, etc.

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do speakers of American English mean when they say, "I could care less"? Do they mean it is possible for them to care less about something but they don't, as in they really care quite a lot?

Actually I know what they mean. They mean what the rest of us do when we say, "I couldn't care less." In other words we care so little that it's not possible for us to care any less. This means we don't really care at all. Since that is in fact the feeling users of American English are trying to express, why don't they just say it instead of a phrase which means almost the exact opposite?

I know we Brits have more than enough strange expressions of our own but this American one always strikes me as odd. :)

I think David Mitchell puts it best:

:lol:

Everton will no doubt lift their game. Lukaku will definitely play out of his skin to prove the point he's been trying to prove for years.We thought Villa would be a walk over and it was far from that.

This game could be the most important games of the season as it has the potential to open up a 9-10 point gap.

Jose "I think he (Cesc) plays Wednesday. [saturday] was a decision in the limits to protect him. We didn't want to risk two players (Ivanovic??) at the same time."

Cesc feeding Hazard and Cuadrado.

nbabigbaby.gif

Willian was the other player

I'm surprised you guys think we're playing shit. Sure, we're not doing much from an attacking point of view at the moment but after being constantly criticised for our defence this season, we're on a run of three clean sheets in a row. I think we'll get beat 1-0 or maybe draw 0-0/1-1.

I'm surprised you guys think we're playing shit. Sure, we're not doing much from an attacking point of view at the moment but after being constantly criticised for our defence this season, we're on a run of three clean sheets in a row. I think we'll get beat 1-0 or maybe draw 0-0/1-1.

Will Baines be fit?

Against Palace, West Brom and Liverpool. Hardly known for being free flowing goal scorers. I'd hardly be excited or happy over that. Your fixtures prior to that are where the impression of you playing shit comes from.

The only notable results of your season are the victory over West Ham in November and your draw with Arsenal in August.

Edit: And your draw with Citeh in January

You've had a terrible season.

Against Palace, West Brom and Liverpool. Hardly known for being free flowing goal scorers. I'd hardly be excited or happy over that. Your fixtures prior to that are where the impression of you playing shit comes from.

The only notable results of your season are the victory over West Ham in November and your draw with Arsenal in August.

Sad but true - Barry is the player we need to control - nearly everything comes through him

Sad but true - Barry is the player we need to control - nearly everything comes through him

He's been abysmal this season too.

That cunt Naismith is the one that annoys me most in their team.

I just know that it'll be an annoying match that we'll have to be at our best to get the 3 points because they'll pack so many bodies in midfield. They'll likely do everything they can to mark Fabregas out of the game.

After a horrible run in December where we had these results:

Southampton 3-0 Everton

Everton 0-1 Stoke

Newcastle 3-2 Everton

Hull 2-0 Everton

Then we've done well only to lose on pens in a match since then...

Everton 1-1 West Ham (FA Cup)

Everton 1-1 Man City

West Ham 2-2 Everton (FA Cup) we were 1-0 with 10 men in that match as well, only to lose on pens.

Everton 0-0 West Brom

Crystal Palace 0-1 Everton

Everton 0-0 Liverpool

We needed to become difficult to beat again after that run of four defeats and penalty shootouts aside, we're unbeaten in 6, albeit having drawn 5 so we're certainly in a good place right now and confidence will be returning.

The draw against Arsenal in August was a bad result by the way.