• Drogba (sub)
    • Cesc (sub)
    • Cahill (sub)

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think our performance is becoming worrying.

It is true that we played without Fabregas and Diego Costa, but we have to recover the feelings of the start to the season.

Agree. If the team manages to play like they did at the start of the season for the next two months at least, the title (and the League Cup) is in the bag. It should be possible.

What a match!

That's the kind of win we needed, desperately needed. how many times have we said lately that this team have been lacking that drive, will to win matches and just make it happen in the last 10 minutes? Matic was unlucky his shot deflected a second time and then it was an offside (a correct call imo), but if you don't consider that, it counts as a goal scored in the last minutes. But then it did happen and the lads could have been disheartened that they were so close, but got unlucky. But we didn't stop fighting.

Willian has been immense and I think he's been improving a lot. Ahead of all our AMs at the moment imo - including Hazard - form wise.

I think Cuadrado had a good debut - as it was a difficult match - and he didn't compromise, despite not exactly shining and losing the ball a few times.

I don't get why DD was introduced in this match at all. Not only Remy didn't deserved to be subbed off, but based on recent form (and it was proved again), DD has done nothing to deserve to play.

Matic was immense as well, amazing match by him and at some point he was our LW (Hazard is exhausted, I know Mourinho will hardly choose to rest him, but he NEEDS a rest, if we don't give it to him, his body will make sure it happens and we'll risk him getting injured during the critical part of the season, AGAIN). Matic went to the side of the box to cross, dribble, penetrate in the box and whatnot many times in the last 15 minutes. That's the will, the determination, the 'win at all costs' attitude I mentioned and that I lvoed.

It was great to have Cesc in the side again and it's clear how we changed after he was subbed on. He changed the way we attack imo. We looked like never scoring before he came and while he didn't have a through ball or any genius stuff done, the fluidity he brings to our team is undeniable imo.

And hail Petr Cech. WOW, just WOW, Big Petr. At this moment, he's in a better form than Courtois imo. There isn't even a comparison. I praise Mourinho for having the balls to make the sub and I expect to see Cech again. I know we should handle GKs in different ways to outfield players, but when one of your GK is clearly showing some confidence problems with crosses and you have your other WC GK having a performance like this (and the previous ones when Courtois was injured), there's only one thing that is fair to do.

I'll go to Marta's thread in a bit, give him all the credit he deserves. Immense, Willy, just immense.

Very important victory! You can feel it our players feel the same way by their celebration of the goal and expression after the final whistle. I'm not going to jinx it by saying the league is ours to take but we're indeed at a very good position. Fuck Citeh!