Twentys Plenty

When a group of us approached the club a couple of years back about Chelsea not getting an away game at 3pm on a Saturday for four months, we were generally brushed off with "the fixtures are generated by a computer". Whats wrong with a person working it out with fan consideration ?

Many fans, not just chels, and not just football are fed up with being ripped off with prices and fixture times. An analogy drawn is that if you were in a film as an extra, you would get paid. We are not advocating that, just a fair deal.Fans attending are pivotal, -without which there would be no TV viewers, and about five people on this forum.

The only way the clubs including Chelsea would come to their senses would be a fan boycott. It wont come to this, but the more they take the piss, the more the atmosphere suffers.

Appreciate if you sign the Twentys Plenty campaign

http://fsf.org.uk/campaigns/away-fans/score-campaign-twentys-plenty-for-away-tickets/

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Signed. Even though I don't attend games due to obvious reasons, but I feel for everyone who has to pay extortionate amounts to attend games (especially long distance away games).

Cheers Manpe. They take us for granted.

It affects us all -no fans attending = no atmosphere= no TV coverage = No TALKCHELSEA.

Cheers Manpe. They take us for granted.

It affects us all -no fans attending = no atmosphere= no TV coverage = No TALKCHELSEA.

Unfortunately there's a hell of a lot more demand than there is than supply so if anything they'll put prices up.

They don't care about the working class fans.

I've signed the petition, but have signed similar in the past. Very pessimistic about the outcome.

Is it not anything to do with the fact they don't broadcast 3pm games?

The kick off times, for Premiership and some Championship games are largely determined by what revenue is raised by selling game time to the highest TV bidders, and youre right, 3pm aint popular in other parts of the globe. Why would a tv company buy something thats live at 4am. their time ?. Fair enough, but there comes a point where it impacts on attending fans, not just in terms of money, but convenience eg our first away at Burnley on a Monday night was a nightmare. Point being what Indian TV company, Australian, Singapore..would buy something where theres a sterile atmosphere and all you can hear are the players shouting ?

Unfortunately there's a hell of a lot more demand than there is than supply so if anything they'll put prices up.

They don't care about the working class fans.

I've signed the petition, but have signed similar in the past. Very pessimistic about the outcome.

Feel your pain :) Signed stuff before as well, the only real impact would be a boycott, because although they could fill SB it would be souless.

In a way it was good Mourinho moaning about the atmosphere, put the issue back on the table.

Even though this has got nothing to do with me, I can't attend any games because of distance, I feel like I should sign it. Premier League is the best league, and that's just because of fans. If there are no fans, there is no joy in watching a game. You have to hear people shouting out loud for their team, and especially when there's a goal, seeing all those fans celebrating it is just worth to see and that's the beauty of football. So yes, Premier League simply cannot lose that. If it loses it, others lose it too.

Signed.

The kick off times, for Premiership and some Championship games are largely determined by what revenue is raised by selling game time to the highest TV bidders, and youre right, 3pm aint popular in other parts of the globe. Why would a tv company buy something thats live at 4am. their time ?. Fair enough, but there comes a point where it impacts on attending fans, not just in terms of money, but convenience eg our first away at Burnley on a Monday night was a nightmare. Point being what Indian TV company, Australian, Singapore..would buy something where theres a sterile atmosphere and all you can hear are the players shouting ?

Well its not just other parts of the globe. Its here. And away tickets are hard to come by. If Chelsea play away at 3, less chance of watching the game at all. I mean we can all stream a foreign broadcast, but we can't go down the pub and watch it. Whereas a home game at 3, I'm much more likely to be able to attend.