Scolaris Transfer Targets

Luiz Felipe Scolari has been presented with a list of targets by Chelsea that features Fernando Torres, Robinho and Franck Ribéry. The Brazilian, who will take over as manager at Stamford Bridge next month, will be given an unlimited transfer budget by Roman Abramovich, the club’s owner, and has proposed signing Kaká and Deco.

Chelsea, with a well-drilled defence and outstanding central midfield players such as Michael Ballack, Frank Lampard and Michael Essien, will focus on recruiting wide players and strikers this summer, a policy that fits with Abramovich’s desire for more attacking football — although he is aware that José Mourinho, the new Inter Milan coach, has made Lampard his No 1 target.

Many of the stars on Chelsea’s horizon may prove beyond their reach as they play for rivals with no need to sell, but Abramovich is confident that the sheer weight of money will convince some of them to cash in.

Torres is a case in point, with Liverpool adamant that they will not sell a striker who scored 33 goals in his first season with the club, but Chelsea hope to exploit divisions between Anfield’s warring owners, George Gillett Jr and Tom Hicks.

Chelsea have been told that one of the Americans is willing to let Torres go for the right price and are planning to test Liverpool’s resolve with a bid. Kaká falls into the same category because AC Milan have stated that the Brazil forward is not for sale at any price, but Chelsea are hoping to use Didier Drogba and Andriy Shevchenko as pawns to push the transfer through. Chelsea have rejected bids from Milan for both strikers and they hope that Scolari’s relationship with a player he took to his first World Cup finals at the age of 20, in 2002, will convince him to leave the San Siro. Bayern Munich are similarly reluctant to sell Ribéry, but Robinho and Deco should be far easier to acquire from Real Madrid and Barcelona respectively.

Scolari has wasted no time in assembling his backroom staff and is planning to bring two of his Portugal colleagues, Flávio Teixeira and Darlan Schneider, to Stamford Bridge.

Teixeira has worked as Scolari’s assistant since the Brazilian took his first job, at Centro Sportivo Alagoano, in 1982 and is regarded as his eyes and ears, while Schneider, the nephew of Scolari’s wife, Olga, was recruited as a fitness coach when he took the job as Portugal coach in 2003. Scolari has gone out of his way to praise his squad’s sharpness at Euro 2008, which he attributes to Schneider.

Chelsea hope that Steve Clarke will remain at the club as a second assistant, in a similar set-up to that under Mourinho, while they also want to retain Christophe Lollichon as goalkeeping coach.

Scolari’s appointment has been welcomed by Chelsea’s players, but not by Sir Alex Ferguson. The Manchester United manager has privately expressed anger that the Brazilian has been advising Cristiano Ronaldo, the Portugal forward, to leave Old Trafford for Real.

The Times

HaHA love the last bit

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol, Fergie must be cacking himself right now....

I can't but help get very excited by all of these transfer stories. :D

Ronaldinho, Robinho, Eto'o, Villa, Kaka ect... would be incredible to see any of them playing in Chelsea blue next season. And lets face it Ronaldinho, Robinho, Eto'o and Villa are very very realistic targets. I also really like the look of the potential formation of Scolari in the 4-2-3-1

Lol, Fergie must be cacking himself right now....

I can't but help get very excited by all of these transfer stories. :D

Ronaldinho, Robinho, Eto'o, Villa, Kaka ect... would be incredible to see any of them playing in Chelsea blue next season. And lets face it Ronaldinho, Robinho, Eto'o and Villa are very very realistic targets. I also really like the look of the potential formation of Scolari in the 4-2-3-1

Yea, 4-2-3-1 is a great tactic. Would be awesome if he use it. The line-up I would be happy next season.

Villa

J.Cole - - - - - Kaka - - Quaresma/Robinho/Ribery

Essien - Lampard

A.Cole - Terry - Carvalho - Bosingwa

Cech

And if Kaka won't come then I would be alrite with Ballack too.

Edited by riks12

and on beanch we have, cudicini, bridge, maka, Kalou, Anelka, Alex, Fereira, Mikel...really that would be the best team on the world..!

And I hope if kaka won't come that Drogs stay with us

Blue Lion I don't think we will start with 10 men. :D

The Sun predicted this team this morning:

Cech

Bosingwa -- JT -- Riccy -- Ash

Ballack -- Frank

Ronaldinho -- Deco -- Villa

Eto'o

No Essien? Hmm, I think he must make a first team. That team is too attackiing-minded.

I actually don't think it would work out.

Edited by riks12

Blue Lion I don't think we will start with 10 men. :D

No Essien? Hmm, I think he must make a first team. That team is too attackiing-minded.

I actually don't think it would work out.

I was checking to see if people were awake and alert ;):lol::P

Yea, 4-2-3-1 is a great tactic. Would be awesome if he use it. The line-up I would be happy next season.

Villa

J.Cole - - - - - Kaka - - Quaresma/Robinho/Ribery

Essien - Lampard

A.Cole - Terry - Carvalho - Bosingwa

Cech

And if Kaka won't come then I would be alrite with Ballack too.

Bring in the Glory Hunters :blue scalf:

Deco 'to join Scolari's Chelsea'

Deco has won both the European and Uefa Cup in his career

Barcelona midfielder Deco will join his Portugal boss Luiz Felipe Scolari at Chelsea, BBC Sport understands.

Reports in Portugal that Deco had met with Blues owner Roman Abramovich on Thursday were denied by the player in Spanish newspaper El Mundo Deportivo.

But Mike Sewell, BBC Five Live's man with the Portugal squad, said sources were tipping him to move to Chelsea.

"They believe Deco will go with Scolari rather than join up with old boss Jose Mourinho at Inter Milan," he said.

Barça confirmed recently that Deco was free to talk to other teams. Scolari takes over at Stamford Bridge on 1 July after overseeing Portugal's Euro 2008 campaign.

The Brazil-born star joined Barcelona from Porto in 2004 after helping the Portuguese side win the Uefa Cup, Champions League and domestic league titles under Mourinho.

He won two league championships with the Catalan giants, and was part of the team that beat Arsenal in the Champions League final in Paris in 2006.

However, a series of injuries have hampered his season, and he made just 14 starts in Barcelona's La Liga campaign.

Sewell added that Deco had left the Portugal camp on Thursday after being granted 24 hours' leave by Scolari.

"He flew to Barcelona to sort out a person matter, believed to be the finalising of his divorce," he said.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...sea/7453834.stm

Well every man and his dog is going to be linked now, but I think Scolari will bring in the right players. I'd rather keep Frank and do without Deco, Kaka is obviously world class and I can't see anyone not wanting him. Goofy, I am undecided about as he has seriously gone off the boil, but by the same token most players go off form at sometime in their career (take a bow Malouda) But to be sure, this is a very exciting time to be a Chelsea fan. blue%20scalf.gif

Well I though You are talking I am z3h gloryhunter.

Don't think we need Deco. I'm afraid Lampard will leave in that case. :readthemessage:<_<

:lol: Nahh mate dont worry

Frank is by far the better player,he scores more,contributes more to the team,plus he is a fan favourite and a Bridge Legend.Deco can fuck right off.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You