Aston Villa 1-2 Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great work to hold on against Villa. Brilliant display.

Said no one.

Jose is an absolute wanker if he keeps playing like this. It is embarrassing being the so called best team and putting in a performance like that. Fair enough with the "win when playing bad", but it seems that playing poorly is all we do recently. I go in wishing for every match to be 0-0 until the 89th minute where we finally score, because before we score, we look brilliant.

Drogba is a legend, but he is garbage at this point. Remy is 3 times the player he is, at the very least. In fact, Jose should be sacked if Drogba sees another minute on the pitch outside of us having a comfortable lead. Hyperbole, but you get the point.

Funny enough, it is a great day. City draw, we extend the lead at the top, yet here I am feeling absolutely shit about that performance. At no point should we ever put in a display like that against the worst team in the league. We should have stomped them worse than Swansea, who are no where near as bad as this mob.

Screw the win and 3 points, where are all the people that insisted that it was impossible for Hull to get something from City??! :D :D

Made my day haha shame it wasn't 1 - 0 for Hull sounds like they deserved it, but as we said City will loose points in the remainder of matches.

Man of the match for me today is Cahill because he's shown he's back to his normal self, and not just giving everything away. Willian was amazing too, and Iva surprised me again with that goal. And Cuadrado is just.... I'm lost for words he's that good :D

Willian MOTM. Only player that looked like he wanted it for the entire time he was on the pitch. Cuadrado has made things interesting.

Despite the fact Zouma deserved to keep a run of games, Cahill actually was pretty solid today.

We all love Drogba, but I'm starting to think he's past it. Remy to start against Everton.

you got it all right IMO

34 passes attempted with a 70% accuracy.

That is laughable for somebody who is supposed to help build our play, create chances etc.

And that's mostly simple passes he's getting wrong since he can't do anything really creative or incisive.

It's no wonder we struggle against the Villa's of this world when we have somebody like Oscar in a crucial part of the field.

I've been calling for Oscar to be replaced for a long time so I won't change my tune at this point but he is not alone in this team. We have to continue upgrading the quality but the boys got the job done today. Somehow. All praise to them for that.

You need to start sharing these feelings before games.

I did! And I got half the forum telling me I'm being silly and that they would not miss Toure (who almost always scores for them against smaller teams).

That's why I was probably more happy with City's draw than our win! :P

This jynx lol

Gareth from Harpenden: Speaking as a Chelsea fan, the words you always love to hear are "James Milner replaces Edin Dzeko". It's like Ferrari saying they are replacing their F1 racing car with a Fiat Uno to win a Grand Prix.

Man U win tommorow and be 3 behind City..oooer got intresting

Reminds me of Bobby Stuart making a fool of himself ahead of our cup tie at City last season. He went on about how there was no way City's midfield on the day would be able to live with ours. He particularly pointed to Milner as a weakness. I wanted to reach into the TV and shake some sense into him. Milner in their midfield was the last thing I wanted to see that day. Milner in their midfield is always the last thing I want to see.

Great work to hold on against Villa. Brilliant display.

Said no one.

Jose is an absolute wanker if he keeps playing like this. It is embarrassing being the so called best team and putting in a performance like that. Fair enough with the "win when playing bad", but it seems that playing poorly is all we do recently. I go in wishing for every match to be 0-0 until the 89th minute where we finally score, because before we score, we look brilliant.

Drogba is a legend, but he is garbage at this point. Remy is 3 times the player he is, at the very least. In fact, Jose should be sacked if Drogba sees another minute on the pitch outside of us having a comfortable lead. Hyperbole, but you get the point.

Funny enough, it is a great day. City draw, we extend the lead at the top, yet here I am feeling absolutely shit about that performance. At no point should we ever put in a display like that against the worst team in the league. We should have stomped them worse than Swansea, who are no where near as bad as this mob.

It's hard for this team to play well without Costa and Cesc. It really is last season all over again.

The title is really in our hands now IMO, if we win 12 our next 14 games (assuming City win the the rest of theirs which is unlikely considering they have a much harder schedule than us), the title is in our hands. It's very easily doable, especially if Fabregas and Costa remain fit and available.

It's hard for this team to play well without Costa and Cesc. It really is last season all over again.

Tbf, once you take out those players, apart from Torres being out of the equation, it is pretty much the same lineup as last years' when Luis is not playing too.

So it is kind of understandable.

The title is really in our hands now IMO, if we win 12 our next 14 games (assuming City win the the rest of theirs which is unlikely considering they have a much harder schedule than us), the title is in our hands. It's very easily doable, especially if Fabregas and Costa remain fit and available.

Never mind the mountain of evidence we've seen this season, and prior to this season indeed, having just watched us play Villa, how can we look anyone in the eye and say we really have any idea what is an easy fixture and what isn't?