The Gary Neville Appreciation Thread

Gary's deserved it. He's an absolutely quality pundit, it's very rare that I find myself disagreeing with him. When he was at United I hated the guy, but now I can't fault him. So this is a thread to appreciate the guy. He's obviously a closet Chelsea fan.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gary is a genuine and honest pundit.He does not let his playing career affect any thoughts about the current scene in football. Yes its always great to hear good things about Chelsea but Neville knows that we really are doing well and does not mind saying it on air. VERY FEW acknowledge us and thus why I appreciate the man's unbiased attitude.

I like Neville he's a really good pundit. I just hope continues talking sense and I say that away from a Chelsea point of view.

He says what most of think, he needs to continue that and we need to hope the FA and Co follow a little bit of that blue print.

Thing that annoys me about Gary Neville is that he's just like every other pundit, they know the world about big clubs and their players. But when you ask them to analyse games which don't feature such big teams and such big players they're completely clueless most the time. I mean, it's sort of their jobs to do such homework but they don't really do it 90% of the time. The other thing is, they spend so much time talking about a few incidents that occur in matches and sometimes they fail to talk about the match over all. While it's entertaining sometimes it's quite boring on the other hand.. We don't need to see a potential penalty 3000x, slowed down frame by frame for another 2000x.

I seldom praise pundits because they're a face. Behind them are teams of people who produce these statistics and these animations that highlight these key features.

That being said, like DYC. said, he's one of the few pundits in the world who does say good things about Chelsea from time to time. But I wouldn't rate any of them so highly as to make an appreciation thread lol