Juan Cuadrado

Liuxas

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Schurrle were to play on the left, Hazard in the middle and Cuadrado on the right then we'd have Salah, Oscar and Willian on the bench. That's some great depth, just not sure if it's realistic enough.

P.S: He's almost identical to Willian already.

If Schurrle were to play on the left, Hazard in the middle and Cuadrado on the right then we'd have Salah, Oscar and Willian on the bench. That's some great depth, just not sure if it's realistic enough.

P.S: He's almost identical to Willian already.

Nope, cuadrado actually attempts to dribble his marker and gets past him into dangerous positions because of his fantastic technique and dribbling skills. Willian pushes the ball forward and tries a low cross or he passes back to oscar. Similar technical abilities but different mentality.

Mourinho always has 2 world class players for each postion he must think Moses isn't up to the grade

I've studied our style of play and we are more of an individual team in possession than a team play style. I said in some thread that we needed another winger on the right that has

1. Close control dribbler (which means the ball sticks to his feet when dribbling. Eg. Robben, Ribery, Dimaria, hazard, reus, shaqiri, cuadrado, Sanchez, benarfa etc) this type of players are important against parked buses when there is no space. If we have another on the right, hazard will be a free man.

2. Contributes to goals or assists because of accurate crossing, finishing or vision.

Because of our style of dribbling through defenses rather than passing through defenses, this type of player on both wings instead of only hazard will elevate our play badly.

Nope, cuadrado actually attempts to dribble his marker and gets past him into dangerous positions because of his fantastic technique and dribbling skills. Willian pushes the ball forward and tries a low cross or he passes back to oscar. Similar technical abilities but different mentality.

I've studied our style of play and we are more of an individual team in possession than a team play style. I said in some thread that we needed another winger on the right that has

1. Close control dribbler (which means the ball sticks to his feet when dribbling. Eg. Robben, Ribery, Dimaria, hazard, reus, shaqiri, cuadrado, Sanchez, benarfa etc) this type of players are important against parked buses when there is no space. If we have another on the right, hazard will be a free man.

2. Contributes to goals or assists because of accurate crossing, finishing or vision.

Because of our style of dribbling through defenses rather than passing through defenses, this type of player on both wings instead of only hazard will elevate our play badly.

Willian is exactly what you described in 1.

Willian is exactly what you described in 1.

But sadly he doesn't use his dribbling. He rarely makes 3dribbles per match. He is not a player to take initiative but he follows tactical instructions so is important for the team.

We need a mixture of Schurrle goal threat, and attacking mentality and Willian techniques.

Cuadrado is good player but not worth 45m. For that money you get Reus, Cavani if they were available etc.

Personaly I would like us to have more inteligent RW like Di Maria, but I think we will be fine if we get PROPER BACKUP STRIKER.

Why do we pay 40millions for another overhyped Brazilian winger?

I'm still gutted for the fact that we got Willian for that huge 29million pounds when we could have easily got Sanchez for 1m more who is much better player than him or even Antoine Greizzmann..

Same could be applied for Cuadrado.

No thanks. Just don't get it!