Juan Cuadrado

Liuxas

He is more effective because of his superior finishing skills not to mention experience. As for as pure dribbling is concerned Eden is better imo

well if Hazard was even half as selfish as Robben then it wouldn't even be a debate at all. His backtracking and unselfishness makes him a true team player and for me that will always make him better than Robben.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well if Hazard was even half as selfish as Robben then it wouldn't even be a debate at all. His backtracking and unselfishness makes him a true team player and for me that will always make him better than Robben.

Robben definitely does his bit defensively though. Outside the final third he is nowhere near as selfish.

It's not just selfishness that makes Robben more effective though. Robben is definitely the better finisher, by quite some bit too. Eden is the better dribbler though.

The great thing about his dribbling is he can go in any direction he wants, like Hazard. This makes it more difficult for defenders because they don't know what to expect, unlike with some other wingers who prefer to dribble towards their stronger foot.

From this tweet mate he seems like a great buy :)

He is nice to watch I admit, but I have my doubts as far as him being what we need. Jose definitely sees something I can't of course, he is the manager.

Truth be told I said the same things about Cesc and look how emphatically he has proven me wrong! :D

He is nice to watch I admit, but I have my doubts as far as him being what we need. Jose definitely sees something I can't of course, he is the manager.

Truth be told I said the same things about Cesc and look how emphatically he has proven me wrong! :D

Don't forget some (including me) had thoughts about Costa and he proved us all wrong too haha so don't worry mate ;)

Comment about cuadrado fitting our team from a Chelsea fan.

When i look at cuadrado he reminds me of willian but a bit more courageous and with more end product. I think that he is more likely to do something that will impact a game and give you an 8,9 out of 10 but then other times he will just lose the ball or try to dribble too much and get a 6 out of 10. Willian on the other hand will get a 7 out of 10 week in, week out.

I am all for the signing. I believe we need depth and with Cuadrado starting, Willian would be great to come of the bench or rotate at either RW or AMC. Some people may be underwhelmed by this signing saying he might just be another Willian level quality player but to that i say "so what?"

Firstly imagine a starting eleven that is not downgraded by having Cuadrado and is actually slightly more potent offensively. Now imagine a semi final against Real Madrid and Cuadrado is injured or suspended. You have Schurrle on current form or Ramires who has to play out of position. How confident do you feel. Now imagine you have the choice of playing Willian on the right or in the centre. How confident do you feel. To me that is what Willian gives me when i see his name on the teamsheet - confidence. At the moment i dread if one of our starting eleven gets injured because i think our depth isn't that great, but if we signed Cuadrado, that would change.

On top of that, It's harder than you think to upgrade Willian, what we'd actually be doing is upgrading massively on Salah and providing Jose with more options.

Let's look at the players who are out there that are definitely better than Willian.

Reus

Ronaldo

Bale

Isco

Neymar

Robben

Ribery

Sterling

Gotze

Di Maria

Sanchez

Sanchez we missed the boat on for the price Arsenal got him. Ribery and Robben although great are both 31.

None of the others are available except for Reus and if they were they would each cost 40-50m+

I understand people want Reus but i just think that if he was not Real bound he would arguably be here already. He's the perfect Jose type player. I think his agent has probably told other clubs that he's heading to Real.

So that leads to Cuadrado, arguably the best winger not on the above list. Affordable and available and in my opinion better than both Schurrle and Salah. It's a no brainer.

As for Schurrle, for me he is not good enough to demand a starting spot in this Chelsea XI. He's at his best when there is space and defences are stretched but many times we come up against parked buses and his lack of technique in small spaces stands out. People keep saying that he will improve but i don't see it. His performance in the world cup final is brought up all the time but what people fail to say is that a)he didn't start the game and the reasons for this and B) his magical play happened in extra time when the game was more stretched and defenders tired. I'm all for keeping him as a rotation player to be brought on at certain times that suit his style of play.

One last thing. Teams overload their right hand side against us to try to thwart Hazard. When the ball gets switched to our right, Willian is often one on one against a defender and many times he dwells on the ball or can't get past the player. Put Cuadrado in that same situation and i think he would be able to take on his man and create many more chances. It would make Chelsea much more difficult to defend against.

The great thing about his dribbling is he can go in any direction he wants, like Hazard. This makes it more difficult for defenders because they don't know what to expect, unlike with some other wingers who prefer to dribble towards their stronger foot.

I said something similar about Kalou as well because I don't think Kalou ever knew what his next move was so how could a defender.

I'm not saying he'll be like Kalou, but I personally think he's more of a headless chicken than anything near Hazard's level of dribbling. Hazard always dribbles with intent, I don't think Cuadrado always has a plan to say the least. I would love to be proven wrong.