test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BlueLion.

Juan Cuadrado

Started by BlueLion.,

1,839 posts in this topic

It prevents players who think they're bigger than the club to stroll in and demand a non-traditional number.. 'just to get attention', it's vulgar.

Hazard went from 17 to 10, Drogba went from 15 to 11; important players are awarded first team numbers based on contribution. Crazy numbers are Americanisms that don't belong in this sport, if your number isn't available you take the equivalent in the 20's and so on, same applies to academy players.

I honestly don't even know how to reply to this.

Myself, iseah100 and seanptmiller like this

With squad numbers in Serie A in particular due to squad sizes players are numbered 1 to like 200 with first team members getting numbers 1-99 .. it has nothing to do with diva behaviours its just the nature of the league if you are assigned a number in academy it only can change if you request it and number becomes available but most times players become attached to that number so decide not to change it to a traditional 1-30 squad number.. if you are going to make outlandish statements at least do some research first

Beepu, Myself and Spike like this

With squad numbers in Serie A in particular due to squad sizes players are numbered 1 to like 200 with first team members getting numbers 1-99 .. it has nothing to do with diva behaviours its just the nature of the league if you are assigned a number in academy it only can change if you request it and number becomes available but most times players become attached to that number so decide not to change it to a traditional 1-30 squad number.. if you are going to make outlandish statements at least do some research first

Loftus Cheek and the rest.. do they have 99? (if it was random, one of our players WOULD have done it by now), if your number is taken you have the 20/30/40 equivalent, this is based on facts.

What excites you most about playing for Chelsea?

The best part about this dream is that I’m going to be part of such a big club. For me that is a huge motivation to perform well.

For fans who don’t know much about you, how would you describe yourself as a player?

I’m a quick and positive player and I hope to show that on the field of play and help all of my teammates.

Are you looking forward to working with Jose Mourinho?

It is really going to be brilliant to work with one of the best coaches anywhere in the world. I’m very proud to be playing for him and I think he is going to help me grow into a better player.

What are your targets for your time here at Chelsea?

We are a big club, so winning important things. Playing for this team, the league championship is I think the most important thing. As for everything else, Chelsea have big players so we want to win big things.

And finally what message would you give to the Chelsea fans?

Best wishes to all of the Chelsea fans. I hope to perform for them in the best possible way and I hope we can achieve a lot of things together.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2015/02/chelsea-tv-exclusive--cuadrado-s-first-words.html

Dy-lan and dUMB like this

Loftus Cheek and the rest.. do they have 99? (if it was random, one of our players WOULD have done it by now), if your number is taken you have the 20/30/40 equivalent, this is based on facts.

Different clubs have different rules on squad numbers that is simple I was explaining the difference in Serie A and PL if you can't see that then you really are just a wind up merchant

Loftus Cheek and the rest.. do they have 99? (if it was random, one of our players WOULD have done it by now), if your number is taken you have to 20/30 equivalent, this is based on facts.

It isn't based on facts it's based on you presuming there is a set of social rules that apply to players concerning their squad number. You haven't produced any shred of evidence outside of your anecdotes.

rantdeville likes this