Juan Cuadrado

Liuxas

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest I just don't want the club to spend all that money (£25,000,000+) on a player that isn't amazing. I'm sure he would be a solid player for Chelsea but that sort of cash should get more than a solid player. The numbers being quoted are nothing short of ridiculous. What has Cuadrado done to justify that sort of fee?

Outside of the special situation regarding Reus, what types of names are available for 25M?

Never mind Salah and/or Schurrle, if we get these players and can't make them happy because of the lack of playing time, then this situation would keep on repeating itself like every season, which isn't helpful in terms of chopping/changing the squad.

It would make sense, Schurrle is hardly happy with the amount of time he gets and its only a matter of time before he leaves. I personally rate Cuadrado highly, he has brilliant technique (although can be selfish sometimes) and is quick both with and without the ball. He is a more direct player which is why he has racked up a nice amount of points the last two seasons.

If go plus/minus 5m while replacing Schurrle with Cuadrado I consider it a great deal. Cuadrado has a past as a wingback so he knows how to defend, and he is rather hard working.
He fits us much better than poor Schurrle, who I cant help but feel rarely gets involved in the game when he does get minutes. Cuadrado is more similar to Hazard and is actually comfortable on the right side, and he works in a similar way by being a big threat both on counters but also in the box.

Having an attack that is spearheaded by Costa, Oscar, Hazard and Cuadrado would be a real nightmare for defenders.
I rate Willian, his defensive skill is immense, but I feel that it isnt enough to justify him as a starter. Many other teams that has seen more success recently has shown that the defensive side of their wingers shouldnt be the main attribute. Willian is perfect to throw in to close a game down, but I dont know how many times he has frustrated me by not succeeding with his end-product.

Do people actually watch the player regularly or do they just write like they have? I can never tell. There are always 2 opposite views on a player.

Can bet that some people have never watched Cuadrado (regularly) and are only judging him based on our players' form and/or performances.

Outside of the special situation regarding Reus, what types of names are available for 25M?

Just because he is the only option doesn't mean he should be bought. In five months something better might come up, besides I'm against throwing around such money mid-season.

One thing many here overlook is his adaptability. He can play anywhere on the right flank and as a squad guy who isn't cup tied, that is invaluable. That is the key for me a guy that can come in and fit into a lot of the different shapes Mourinho tries to incorporate.

I like the acquisition, he is very direct in his attacking and likes to take guys on. He plays the game at the right tempo and will make a tackle too... I'd love it to be Salah out and Cuadrado in.

Just because he is the only option doesn't mean he should be bought. In five months something better might come up, besides I'm against throwing around such money mid-season.

Still waiting for the names associated with 25m. I agree there may be better options in the summer but I don't but the argument that 25m can get you a world beater these days. Reus is a special case who likely isn't coming here.

Never mind Salah and/or Schurrle, if we get these players and can't make them happy because of the lack of playing time, then this situation would keep on repeating itself like every season, which isn't helpful in terms of chopping/changing the squad.

Its up to them though. If they don't work hard and give Jose decisions to make then they aren't good enough

For whatever reason Schurrle hasn't lived up to his squad player winger status... He doesn't work well with this group of players.

Idk what is wrong with him. I feel like has not improved at all since joining chelsea. he has some really fantastic attributes, and I like him as a person but something does not seem right. he talks about loving london etc but maybe he just wants to move on.