Juan Cuadrado

Liuxas

If he does leave this proves new contract means FA if the player wants to move and a big club comes in to put a big bid

http://www.espnfc.com/fiorentina/story/2107622/juan-cuadrado-signs-new-contract-at-fiorentina-until-2019

He only signed it just 3 months ago, now look like already off. So even if Hazard put a new 5 years contract I would slightly be worried about potential Madrid come knocking but confident we can keep him by bringing trophies yearly and challenging for the titles.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need a centre back and a super star right winger who can score goals. Since we're cooperating strictly with FFP, it seems a waste to spend almost £30m to only marginally improve the squad.

Who could we buy though? there's a shortage of proper right wingers at the top level so to find one who can score goals consistently will cost an awful lot. Bale and Reus are the obvious names, Reus looks nailed on to go to Real and Bale will go for crazy money.

Who could we buy though? first of all theres a shortage in proper right wingers at the top level so to find one who can score goals will cost an awful lot. Bale and Reus are the obvious names, Reus looks nailed on to go to Real and Bale will go for crazy money.

Is he really nailed on for Real though, nothing solid out there reporting that, in fact it's Man-City's name that pops up when you google it.

Who could we buy though? there's a shortage of proper right wingers at the top level so to find one who can score goals consistently will cost an awful lot. Bale and Reus are the obvious names, Reus looks nailed on to go to Real and Bale will go for crazy money.

Hulk :Goober:

Is he really nailed on for Real though, nothing solid out there reporting that, in fact it's Man-City's name that pops up when you google it.

To be honest I think alot of the times the media play the guessing game like we do, I remember Hazard was set to join a bunch of big teams before signing for Chelsea. So I'm still hoping it's not true for Reus, but I wouldn't really be surprised if he moved to Madrid :(

We need a centre back and a super star RW who can score goals. Since we're cooperating strictly with FFP, it seems a waste to spend almost £30m to only marginally improve the squad.

How do you know that Cuadrado would only marginally improve our squad? Drogba was 26(like Cuadrado) when we signed him from Marseille and everyone was as sceptical as now.. He was a good striker in France and he become world class here. The same can happen with Cuadrado.

Sheva, Torres or Deco were all super stars but they sucked hard here.. Everybody is obsessed with Reus but there is no guarantee that he would succeed.

I'm I the onlyone that actually believe Willian is better than him or at worst, they are on the same level? from a technical and tactical standpoint. Even stats wise, last season was the only abnormally.

My policy is very simple, if it doesn't improve us, don't buy unless it's for squad purposes and you don't spend £25 odd million on a squad player. Either get a player that's clearly superior to what we already have or don't bother.

I'm I the onlyone that actually believe Willian is better than him or at worst, they are on the same level? from a technical and tactical standpoint. Even stats wise, last season was the only abnormally.

My theory is very simple, if it doesn't improve us, don't buy unless it's for squad purposes and you don't spend £25 odd million on a squad player. Either get a player that's clearly superior to what we already have or don't bother.

What do you base that opinion on?

Cuadrado played as a wingback a few seasons ago, so his stats wouldnt be better than they are in the past. This season he has played almost exactly the same amount of time as Willian in a worse team that has scored 24 goals fewer than Chelsea so far. In those minutes he has 4 goals and 4 assists, while Willian has 1 of each.

It is also worth mentioning that Cuadrado's last season was better than any that Willian has ever had, even though Willian played in both the league in Ukraine and Russia before Chelsea, both worse than Serie A.

He also averaged a higher amount of tackles and interceptions than Willian both this season and the previous one, while being both more productive and achieving a higher amount of successful dribbles.

Basically, he has shown himself to be better than Willian in both key offensive and defensive statistics over the last 1,5 seasons.

Who on this board would say no to a player than can retain (or even somehow improve) Willian's defensive contribution, while actually scoring and assisting at the same time?

It is exactly what Chelsea needs.

Can he fail here? Sure, but that goes for every single player out there.

My policy is very simple, if it doesn't improve us, don't buy unless it's for squad purposes and you don't spend £25 odd million on a squad player. Either get a player that's clearly superior to what we already have or don't bother.

You're not alone, almost as wasteful as Willian's signing.