Juan Cuadrado

Liuxas

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Di Marzio- official announcement is delayed: here’s why

Cuadrado to Chelsea is a done deal, but the official announcement has yet to arrive. The reason for the delay is that there were some issues tied to the FIFA "solidarity" provision, which entitles clubs who have developed Cuadrado to a 5% fee. It has yet to be determined who will pay this fee, but the parties are discussing this matter. This is the last obstacle before the deal can be completed.

Di Marzio- official announcement is delayed: heres why

Cuadrado to Chelsea is a done deal, but the official announcement has yet to arrive. The reason for the delay is that there were some issues tied to the FIFA "solidarity" provision, which entitles clubs who have developed Cuadrado to a 5% fee. It has yet to be determined who will pay this fee, but the parties are discussing this matter. This is the last obstacle before the deal can be completed.

Did this rule exist before this window??

Di Marzio- official announcement is delayed: here’s why

Just paid the damn fee :ph34r:

It's easy to say because it is not my money, lol

why not split it 50-50 that between two clubs involved

Considering how high up the pitch Ivanovic in general is playing, with also keeping in mind how poor he has been defensively for quite a while now, would it be realistic to assume Jose might want to try playing Cuadrado as a right-back?

Costa

Hazard Oscar Willian

Matic Cesc

Azpi Cuadrado

Terry Zouma

Willian-Cuadrado would easily make the fastest right wing in world football! And we would still have Ramires and Remy on the bench.

Considering how high up the pitch Ivanovic in general is playing, with also keeping in mind how poor he has been defensively for quite a while now, would it be realistic to assume Jose might want to try playing Cuadrado as a right-back?

Costa

Hazard Oscar Willian

Matic Cesc

Azpi Cuadrado

Terry Zouma

Willian-Cuadrado would easily make the fastest right wing in world football! And we would still have Ramires and Remy on the bench.

No way in hell will we see that in our lifetime. Ivanovic is undroppable.

Costa

Hazard Oscar Willian

Matic Cesc

Azpi Cuadrado

Terry Zouma

Imagine a right wing of Cuadrado-Willian and left wing of Azpi-Luis (or Azpi-Cuadrado & Luis-Willian - whatever variation with Hazard playing CAM). We'd be so defensively solid on the wings that it would essentially force the opposition to go through the middle where we could set up pressing traps. I'd love to see that but it will obviously never happen.

Costa

Hazard Oscar Willian

Matic Cesc

Azpi Cuadrado

Terry Zouma

Cuadrado is a right winger, not a right back! Anyway I thought the idea of signing Cuadrado was so that he'd give firm competition to Willian, whom at the moment, has been shit...

Secondly, there's no way Ivanovic can be dropped at the moment, we need someone who can play there naturally. There's been talk of Micah Richards joining on a free in the summer from Man City, but much as that would be frowned upon by some people here; deeming it as ridiculous and impossible, he is English..

Imagine a right wing of Cuadrado-Willian and left wing of Azpi-Luis (or Azpi-Cuadrado & Luis-Willian - whatever variation with Hazard playing CAM). We'd be so defensively solid on the wings that it would essentially force the opposition to go through the middle where we could set up pressing traps. I'd love to see that but it will obviously never happen.

I'd love to see that one as well.

We need a RW because so far we've only had LW's who are trying to be converted to RW because Hazard is too good. Cuadrado is a RW and hopefully he's going to provide a threat on that side like Willian and Schurrle didn't. Willian works hard and does a lot of running but he has no final ball, scores very rarely and assists are few and far between too.

Cuadrado is lightning quick, has a hammer of a strike on him too and i believe as he's used to being on that side, he'll be a great signing and will make us better. Especially for this final push.

Cuadrado is a right winger, not a right back! Anyway I thought the idea of signing Cuadrado was so that he'd give firm competition to Willian, whom at the moment, has been shit...

Secondly, there's no way Ivanovic can be dropped at the moment, we need someone who can play there naturally. There's been talk of Micah Richards joining on a free in the summer from Man City, but much as that would be frowned upon by some people here; deeming it as ridiculous and impossible, he is English..

Ivanovic sure as hell ain't a right back either nor can he play there naturally. As a matter of fact, I see Willian much more as an undroppable rather than Iva. Sure he gives us that extra dimension in set-pieces and in aerial play in general. But defensively he is like a ghost, doing next to nothing and letting crosses come in regularly. He isn't that fast either and we have seen it over and over again how he is simply overrun by faster wingers of left-backs.

Cuadrado on the other hand is one of the fastest players on the planet. He has played wingback many times and has the same kind of work ethic Willian does. Those two would complement each others' play and make us more threatening in attack. One of our most regular tactics is Cesc passing the ball behind the line to the right side where Ivanovic then runs. Cuadrado could offer much more in those situations with his pace! No defence can stand the pace Willian-Cuadrado partnership :wank2:

Only thinking about imagining this is giving me a nightmare.

Seriously... where do you guys come up with such bizarre ideas? Cuadrado a RB? Luis a LW? Come on, whatever it is you've been playing (or maybe smoking) you better stop it :P

Only thinking about imagining this is giving me a nightmare. Seriously... where do you guys come up with such bizarre ideas? Cuadrado a RB? Luis a LW? Come on, whatever it is you've been playing (or maybe smoking) you better stop it :P

Haha the first suggestion (Azpi-Luis & Cuadrado-Willian) is somewhat crazy I admit, but I think the second one (Luis-Willian & Azpi-Cuadrado) could work really well if we wanted to play defensively in a certain game. The opposition would have no joy from our wings as all 4 players are good at defending and they'd then have to go through the middle which we would obviously pack. Azpi, Cuadrado, Luis and Willian are are also all very pacy and proactive defensively meaning we could start a lot of counterattacks through overloading and pressing high against the opposition fullback/winger. It's obviously never going to happen but I like to dream :lol: