Chelsea v Man City

Jase

Doubt we'll risk Cesc. So that'll be 2 of our 3 best players out for arguably the biggest game of the season.

It would be just our luck now that Ivory Coast get eliminated and Yaya (who always plays well against us) and Bony return conveniently just in time to face us.

This could legitimately be a season changing suspension.

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Costa is missing this now. No way we overturn this in an appeal. When's the last time the FA ever overturned a ban during an appeal? Don't even bother.

I'd get Drogba to replace instead of Remy, simply because we need that outlet as I suspect we'll be playing on the counter. If Cesc is injured then Ramires should start, and if he's available then drop Oscar and let Cesc play as a 10. Ramires should start regardless.

Courtois

Ivan - Zouma - Terry - Azpi

Ramires - Matic

Willian - Cesc/Oscar - Hazard

Drogba

If we are playing on the counter, Remy should start as he is faster and can get in behind. Against City I would rather we have someone who can test Kompany for pace. Remy will be perfect for that. He is not as strong as Drogba but his balance is underrated as well.

Doubt we'll risk Cesc. So that'll be 2 of our 3 best players out for arguably the biggest game of the season.

It would be just our luck now that Ivory Coast get eliminated and Yaya (who always plays well against us) and Bony return conveniently just in time to face us.

wow you're fun..

The FA simply couldn't wait, could they? Smh.

As I said before, we've won without Costa before and we have to then we'll do the same on Saturday. While this is a big game, we still hold the cards should we lose this game.

I'd be delighted if Yaya and Wilfried come back tomorrow on a 10 hour flight from ridiculous heat to face us in the freezing cold 2 days later, having not had any rest or time with their squad. :lol:

Wow, FA suddenly make a quickest decision ever they could made in the history :blink:

You have to give them credit of their effort to do anything to set City up to be PL champion :clap:

Congratulation, Jose will said something again that we're like a 'clown'. We will win this :wank2:

What do you guys think? I think we should set up for a draw and maintain our 5 point lead rather than give city the win

We're Chelsea don't mistake us for a midtable club. If Arsenal can beat them then we can aswell.

We're Chelsea don't mistake us for a midtable club. If Arsenal can beat them then we can aswell.

Arsenal had to win that game we do not need to win that game, we just need a draw, so if I was the coach I would take a more conservative approach to the game considering im missing 3 of my best players with the 4th player caring a knock too

We beat them with Torres up top last year... Still not worried.

What do you guys think? I think we should set up for a draw and maintain our 5 point lead rather than give city the win

Personally I'd go for two banks of four, a compact shape, zonal pressing (rather than man marking so as not to leave huge spaces) and play on the counter. Similar to our tactics away to City but less passive defending and more organised, controlled pressing so we can start counters higher up the pitch and against an out-of-position defence.

My biggest wish for this game is for Matic not to follow Silva everywhere because it's a recipe for disaster.

We can't set up for a draw because we have been terrible at parking the bus this season and we would surely lose the game if we park the bus from the first minute.

Courtois

Ivanovic - Zouma - Terry - Azpi

Ramires - Cesc - Matic

Willian - Hazard

Remy

Draw wouldn't be a bad result but could be costly at the end.need to go for it.play like we know we can

problem with losing is the lead will be down to 2 points with Costa still suspended for another 2 games thats why im all in for a draw to maintain the 5 point gap