• Ramires
    • Oscar
    • Willian
    • Hazard
    • Remy
    • Drogba (sub)
    • Cahill (sub)
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)

There was no angle I've seen it that it looked like even a close call.

It was a close call though i thought. There was a replay in post-match analysis that showed the situation from Mourinho's angle and I think just about over half of the ball had crossed the line. Was close. The linesman was far so he was guessing.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This tie still don't get me excited.

There's no passion or no rivalry like with Arsenal and Liverpool.

I just can't see myself disliking city as much as I do others.

This is why I could care less if they win anything.

I dont think the intention was to sit so deep, watch the first half and it was pretty even. In the second half the players were absolutely shattered. the likes of Willian, Oscar, Ivan, Matic and Hazard have played the majority of our games this season + the midweek game, so you cant really blame them. When we normally 'park the bus' we control the spaces so much better and teams find it hard to get in behind us, City actually did get into good positions but ended up overdoing it. In my opinion it was the easiest time to play us and they still couldn't get the win. We missed arguably two of our best players, had a bench full of youngsters and was out on our feet in the second half... no two ways about it, it was a massive point for us and City will feel like that was a big opportunity missed.

Can I please punch the Man City Manager... "You may say it is a good point at Stamford Bridge but for me it is not because we were better than Chelsea." He is sooo full of himself it's unbelievable I hope he looses and Southampton come to be 2nd / 3rd or Man Utd maybe Arsenal 4th I want that wanker to suffer.

he wouldn't have even won the league last season if it wasn't for us, but he still talks so much shit about chelsea. pride comes before the fall, as they say.

Can I please punch the Man City Manager... "You may say it is a good point at Stamford Bridge but for me it is not because we were better than Chelsea." He is sooo full of himself it's unbelievable I hope he looses and Southampton come to be 2nd / 3rd or Man Utd maybe Arsenal 4th I want that wanker to suffer.

But he is right though we were 2nd best. Its disappointing for them because they had a real chance to get three points and didn't take it.

Well over 18 months under Jose and hardly any improvement in the attacking play, if at all, in big games. Very disappointing.

Decent result.

Not sure if I agree. Last season the team would sit back an try to counter.

This game was a different thing. The team was doing high pressure most part of the game. Perhaps its just me, but I think City was more concerned about not losing than trying to win. They were almost perfect defensively, and created very few chances the whole. I have to admit that after 15 minutes I was really bored with the game, but it was clear that the game would end up 1-1.

City back four were excellent, specially Demichellis and Clichy. Fernando and Fernandinho were also great, specially the latter. City never really created many chances, so I don't know why some people are claiming we were lucky to get a point. The draw was a fair result. Very different from last game against City, when they were down to ten men, and somehow Mourinho decided to park the bus.

Excellent result. 5 points clear, but the race is far from over.

People who're moaning about our (lack of) attacking impetus yesterday need to ask themselves this - how many decent openings did City create, that were not gifted to them by us?

1st half :

Fernandinho cross/shot wide of the post due to Azpilicueta's partial block - after Ivanovic gave the ball away just outside our box

Aguero shot from a pretty tight angle beaten away by Courtois - only half a chance, if that

Aguero shot wide of the post - came after Terry completely missed his clearance from a long ball

City goal - mistake from Matic, Courtois

2nd half :

absolutely nothing of note, unless you consider Milner's tame shot that dribbled wide a 'chance'. Seriously, watch this -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zZRRGJRdcw

So what, a solitary effort that didn't result from an opposition mistake? In a game their manager described as a must win. Against a knackered side missing 2 of their 3 best starters and 4 of 7 bench options.

I know who should be more disappointed with the draw and the attitude.

Did you sit in MHL? Do you have a season ticket there? And most importantly did you shout abuse to the away stand (kind of difficult when they're across the pitch but still)

I've got a season ticket in the shed upper but sit in MHL for cup games when the away team has the whole of the shed. My seat is about 20 away from the segregation line with the away fans when they have the larger allocation so yes we do give and take a lot of abuse because they are so close.

Might move to MHL next season though

It's a bit of a worry how easily City nullified our attacking transitions. Could blame fatigue for this game but they did it at the Etihad too. Must improve if we want to go far in the CL.

This. That's why we brought Cuadrado, I think.

Whats wrong with some of our fans here. We just played on Tuesday and a grueling overtime game at that. Tired legs and all. We played on Saturday, We have Fabregas and Diego suspended. We had four teenage U21 players on the bench as subs, what more did you want Jose to do? Our subs were Drogba, Lotfus,and Cahill, who still managed to play like he was asleep.The score was the best option for us. We rendered all their players ineffective, except maybe Navas, as Hazard refused to help out Aspi. Even the usually confident Kompany was playing scared as Remy kept picking his pockets.

Zouma was awesome. Sorry Cahill. but you need to step up your game and take JT's position otherwise you will be relegated to the bench. Aspi looks still all sorts out of sync. Luis Felipe looks set to become #1. Other than that we were ok. Ivanovic should not be blamed. The man is injured. He shouldn't have played, but we had no one to play that position. He has a hole in his foot, that is basically glued, with a blood soaked shoe to boot. I can just imagine the pain he was going through to just kick the ball, much less contact on that foot.This wasn't the time to be chasing rainbows.

25238A4700000578-2934755-image-a-147_142

We have a five point lead. Just win our remaining games and the league is ours. I'm grateful to Jose and the players. They did their best, despite the FA, Mark the clatterer and the Manure Pegrishit talking shit half the time.

It was a fair result in the end. Not a lucky one, as some of you have said, but a fair one. Chelsea was happy with a draw from minute 1, while City didn't do enough to win the game.

Fatigue played a big part. Team was knackered and Oscar looked like a guy that'll be sleeping two days in a row after the game. Also it was obvious Jose would play the game no to lose it giving the missings Chelsea have had to cope with.

Not a disgrace at all the way Chelsea played the 2nd half. City is a top team and if you want to match their posession you have to play a high line, just like they do. And Chelsea can't play a high line atm (against big teams!).

Stil a five point gap and now this is Chelsea's title to lose. No FA Cup, only one game in COC and a good schedule in the next rounds. Chelsea can win nine on the trot before United at home.

Zouma MOTM.

:blue scalf: :blue scalf: :blue scalf: :blue scalf: :blue scalf:

But he is right though we were 2nd best. Its disappointing for them because they had a real chance to get three points and didn't take it.

They aren't better than us at all, we just wasn't our best and without two of our main players...