The Alternate Premier League

And I'm back with more APLT!

Arsenal have been on an excellent run, having gone up 4 points in the APLT in the last 12 games. If they could keep up that form for the length of an entire season, they'd end up gathering a staggering 112 points! Well, make that 106 points, because Wenger would obviously drop 6 playing against Chelsea, regardless of form. Southampton have finally played to par again, with a win against Palace. We look like we're still comfortably top. Race for second place looks tighter in the APLT then in the real table, and that's because although Arsenal have fewer points than City in the real table, they've also had harder games so far thus are less likely than City to drop points in the remaining ten games, putting those two teams level. Right now, both Man United and Liverpool look like they might get above the 71 point line if they keep up their recent form, something I see Liverpool more likely to do rather than Lucky Louis's team. But considering those four teams (and excluding Chelsea), it's hard to see which team will miss out on CL football. I think Liverpool might make it to fourth place because United's lucky form can't keep going on, so unless they improve their game they'll lose more points. Newcastle were robbed this week!

1qsk8n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I'm back, with more APLT!

We drew a game at home, losing two points in the APLT, but (and especially with City dropping three points), we're still comfortably top. I'm fairly certain we'll win the league this season. This squad, and Jose, should.

However, what's interesting is that Arsenal have now overtook City and are second in the APLT. In fact, if we look at the form over the last 10 matchdays and assume City won't recover and keep playing the way they have been for the last 10 games, they will drop below the 71 points line (CL football) and United and Liverpool will, together with us and Arsenal, make top four.

It'll be interesting to see how things turn out, though I expect City to go up a few points having some par three games coming up. But there's no denying that Arsenal's, Liverpool's and United's form has been very good, although I can't understand how United keep on winning with their terrible football (apart from the Spurs game).

Southampton seem to be stabilizing as well, I hope so for them and hope they can recover a bit.

This is how the table look ATM:

2qnnt3l.jpg

Southampton are playing to par again. There was a big clash this weekend, with Liverpool and United fighting for fourth place. United won, getting them to a place above the 71 point line and there are now four teams above that line as the line predicts. An end has come to Liverpool's great 10-game form by dropping three points with a home loss. Arsenal resume their good form and have overtaken City, an illustration that although City is still above Arsenal in the real table, Arsenal have easier fixtures.

I'm curious as to how things will turn out for second, third and fourth place. I still consider us safe and think we'll win it, as long as we don't massively fuck up, but I'm not so sure anymore that City will come in second!

xn7uki.jpg

Can't wait till after the international break!

• 2 weeks later...

Ooooh how I love the Premier League!

As could have been slightly foreseen in the APLT, City has now been overtaken in the regular table as well by Arsenal and United. The time is good for Chelsea fans!

Liverpool is going back to the depths where they belong along with Tottenham. Team on form is Arsenal atm, they play good football but won't catch up with us.

And I would LOVE it if Van Gaal finished his season with terrible (as in, bad) football above City :D

vcyro6.jpg

Ok guys, sorry for the small delay, I had some things to do! Here's what the APLT looks like right now:

24zj9dv.jpg

I actually had to deepen the vertical axle on my graph because Tottenham went out of bounds :wave:

Other than that, Arsenal just keep on going strong and either play to par or above par. We on the other hand have been playing above par (and above the 90points=title line) since the beginning of the season.

We played a horrible game, and I know there's probably more to be said about that, but for now the three points are the most important I find. The Manchester derby was a far better game to look at and we see City dropping another point in the APLT (losing a par 1 game) and United playing to par (winning a home game) which is probably the best result we could've wished for.

I'd like to see Soton finish above Liverpool actually, and they deserve it.

Tottenham are back to winning ways, and this is what the APLT looks like right now, with Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool having a game in hand. United dropped a point losing a par 1 game to us, Soton lost a difficult fixture as well (dropping 1 point) and Spurs gained two winning a difficult fixture.

All in all, our position is relatively secure on top and I don't think many here doubt we can and will win the title. Next week we've got the game against Arsenal, for us a difficult away fixture, for them a must-win home game. Should we win, we gain 5 points on Arsenal (our closest follower) in the APLT as we will perform +2 to par and they will play -3 to par. Drawing (what I think Mourinho will aim for) will see us stay on par while Arsenal go -2 (meaning we gain 2 points on them), and having Arsenal win will see them play to par and us drop 1 point (meaning they close the gap a point).

Have faith in Mou and hopefully we bash them. Another 0-2 will do. :)

dzytc4.jpg

@Hostedenis, thanks again for all the great work. I just love reading those.

How do you feel about making these a regular article on the site next season so it would appear on NewsNow and our Facebook page?

Hey Choulo, I guess I wouldn't mind doing these again next season. I was actually already planning to do these next season as well, not as an article (just in a thread in the forum as well) but I guess if I do them then why not as an article if you prefer it that way. I do however have a busy schedule (student and sport) which is why I sometimes only update my APLT on here on a Monday or Tuesday instead of match day. If that's not a problem, then I wouldn't mind! :) Luckily, I did find enough spare time to watch every game this season.

Hey Choulo, I guess I wouldn't mind doing these again next season. I was actually already planning to do these next season as well, not as an article (just in a thread in the forum as well) but I guess if I do them then why not as an article if you prefer it that way. I do however have a busy schedule (student and sport) which is why I sometimes only update my APLT on here on a Monday or Tuesday instead of match day. If that's not a problem, then I wouldn't mind! :) Luckily, I did find enough spare time to watch every game this season.

Of course it is not a problem :) It would be your 'gig', you can do whatever you want with it and whenever you want. We just put promote it to the main site and our facebook page for you as long as we see that people are interested in reading it.

Liverpool are going down! As a climax to their downfall I would love it if they'd have to honor us as champions!

So here's what the new APLT looks like. I waited till today so I could include Pool's and our games into the chart, so now only Arsenal has a game in hand.

We're still comfortably top, we played to par against Arsenal (a difficult away game - par 1) which means that we have now played all our par 1 games this season. We can't go up in the APLT anymore (having only par three games left), so the max amount of points we can have at the end of the season are 92, the horizontal line we are on right now. The result against Arsenal was a good one though, they played at home (par 3) so dropped two points finally giving them a (small) blow to their outstanding form, having gone up for weeks in the APLT.

yjiud.jpg

We've been on par form for the last 9 games, which isn't bad at all. A lot of people on here are complaining about our play, and while I admit it's definitely not as great as at the start of the season, the results are there and there's only one number to think about for now: +13. It might be a big cliché, but winning games the ugly way is the mark of champions.

And I'm back, with more APLT. I waited till after the Arsenal game. Arsenal are still the only team with a game in hand.

jb6bzk.jpg

Things haven't changed much, United have dropped below the 71 points line but only just and I think together with Arsenal and City (and us) they'll qualify for CL football. Spurs and Liverpool basically handed them top 4 places. Spurs and Soton are declining rapidly so it'll be interesting to see who makes top 7 and in what order.

For us, I'd like to see us play to par till the end of the season and end on 92 points, but I can also see us drawing Pool at the Bridge and thus end on 90. But in the end, that doesn't really matter.

In the APLT, it looks like there's two fights, one for second and one for fifth place, with United in between.

Looking forward to the game against Pool, especially the guard of honor!

With Arsenal having played yesterday, I'm back with the APLT nearing its end, for this season at least. Here's what it look like:

fvkbip.jpg

We finally drop back to the 90 points line, with a draw that ends an impressive run of playing to par. I would've like to see us stay above it, but so be it. This actually means we have played to par since the beginning of the season, and as you know playing to par is title winning form.

Arsenal and Soton are the only teams we follow that drop three points in the APLT, losing a par 3 game.

United go back above the 71 point line, so now there're 4 teams above that line, one for each CL spot.

I hope we stay right on that 90 point line till the end, and I'm curious to see which team will come in second.

The end is near! And we're champions for a year!

• 2 weeks later...

Took me some time to update this. Well the season's over anyway. But for the first time this season we dropped three points in the APLT, and for the first time we go below the 90 points a season line. It's a pity, I would've liked to see us end the season with 90 points, but in the end it doesn't matter.

Champions for a year! :blue scalf: Already looking forward to preseason!

15ps8yq.jpg