Douglas Costa

bababoom

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our team is gonna be full of guys with nothing but good workrate.

That is the Mou way. I'm not sure why you're surprised.

We're never going to get a player that pushes up offensively and is constantly beating his man on the other wing. Jose is perfectly fine having Hazard do that, and occasionally have Matic push up, but the other winger in our system will always essentially be a wing back. So naturally it will be a player who is a work horse and who tracks back like crazy.

Why do you think a player like Schurlle is falling out of favor and is now most likely leaving? Because he only plays the offensive side.

That is the Mou way. I'm not sure why you're surprised.

We're never going to get a player that pushes up offensively and is constantly beating his man on the other wing. Jose is perfectly fine having Hazard do that, and occasionally have Matic push up, but the other winger in our system will always essentially be a wing back. So naturally it will be a player who is a work horse and who tracks back like crazy.

Why do you think a player like Schurlle is falling out of favor and is now most likely leaving? Because he only plays the offensive side.

Well the formula of Hazard in the free(ish) role and the right winger running around like a dog has got us 5 points clear at the top of the league playing our best football for years and scoring the most goals in the PL.

While his end product might be a bit frustrating Willian has been a key element to our success so far.

If we buy both Costa and Cuadrado then we will have three right wingers with silky skills but no one who can actualy finishes actions.

I rather buy realy good winger for 40m with Willian as back up rather than 25m Cuadrado AND 15m Costa.

But why the fuck is Mou even looking at these fancy players when we never play open in big games. Instead a no nonsense winger with good pass shot and cross would be more effective than all that dribble jibble from Willian or Costa who would only slow our counters down.

Get Cuadrado or no one and wait for quality in summer. Im bit tired of buying decent (but still overpriced) wingers who fail and we have to sell them and buy new ones...almost every year. Why not just splash 30-40-50m on that one guy and settle for next 5 years. Hazard at the time was bit more expensive but it worked.

We always go for that category of not realy expensive but still a lot. And we ger overpriced, hyped players with little improvement.

Bring someone from top leagues who is proven and has good potential not ukrainian flavour of the month.

And for Costa and Cuadrado, I dont think we will or should buy both, probably we dont want to pay full price for Cuad and now looking for alternatives.

I would prefer fucking Payet, Valbuena or Candreva ahead of another ukrainian brazil dribbling guy who I already see will waste chances and be no where seen in big games...but Ive been wrong before...

Well the formula of Hazard in the free(ish) role and the right winger running around like a dog has got us 5 points clear at the top of the league playing our best football for years and scoring the most goals in the PL.

While his end product might be a bit frustrating Willian has been a key element to our success so far.

I completely agree. I was just addressing peoples frustration.

I love the balance we have in our line up, and I like the way we play 95% of the time, even against the bigger sides (outside of select performances, like the Liverpool and City games where we completely shut off offensively). In fact, I am one of Willian's biggest supporters on here and constantly tell people that it is the role he is being asked to perform that dictates to a certain degree how he plays for us. We all saw what he could do at Shakhtar, and yet people dismiss him now because he is in fact told to play more defensively.

Mou is getting similar players for the simple fact to mold them the same way he has Willian. That way whenever one is having an off day, he can sub on the near identical player, and have him go at it and hope he is playing slightly better.

Seems like a left footed willian to me. Just holds possession without actually beating his marker. Occasional screamer like willian does too once in a while but that's it.

A big no for me.

I'll rather get Felipe Anderson of lazio than him.

Douglas Costa confirms Chelsea offer, says transfer is a ‘dream’

‘It would be a dream to play for Chelsea,’ he said.

‘It’s a unique chance. I will try to negotiate.’

http://metro.co.uk/2015/01/23/douglas-costa-confirms-chelsea-offer-says-transfer-is-a-dream-5032856/

Does anyone think we'll sign both Costa and Cuadrado? if we sell Salah and Schurrle i could see it happening. Right now the main trio (Hazard,Oscar and Willian) are starting basically every game, it's kind of ridiculous. If it means Jose will start rotating the squad i'm all for it. I would rather we sign Cuadrado and promote a youngster (Boga) but if Jose doesn't trust Salah or shurrle i doubt he'll trust a youth product starting a PL/FA/League cup game.

That may be true but if Costa and Cuadrado take time to adapt (to the league, Mourinho's demands etc), which might happen, then we would still be forced to start with Hazard, Oscar and Willian in almost every game.

Isn't he a substitute for Wellington Nem? Or have I seen wrong. From what I know Bernard, Texeira and Wellington Nem are the starters. Imo, lots of people were preffering Mandzukic and other low priced strikers rather than Costa. Douglas Costa would not be that big of an upgrade, from what I know of him. Vast upgrades are made with players like Reus, Sterling. My best pick would e Draxler. Currently the 26 million deal for Cuadrado stands as the best option for an upgrade on the RW. We need to be able to change games when they aren't going our way. And that I think, is something Costa can't offer THAT much.

Isn't he a substitute for Wellington Nem? Or have I seen wrong. From what I know Bernard, Texeira and Wellington Nem are the starters. Imo, lots of people were preffering Mandzukic and other low priced strikers rather than Costa. Douglas Costa would not be that big of an upgrade, from what I know of him. Vast upgrades are made with players like Reus, Sterling. My best pick would e Draxler. Currently the 26 million deal for Cuadrado stands as the best option for an upgrade on the RW. We need to be able to change games when they aren't going our way. And that I think, is something Costa can't offer THAT much.

He has started 10 out of 14 of Shaktars league games this season and been substituted in on those other 4 games. The 4 seasons before this he has started 27 out of 28 league games. So he's a starter.

He has started 10 out of 14 of Shaktars league games this season and been substituted in on those other 4 games. The 4 seasons before this he has started 27 out of 28 league games. So he's a starter.

Meh, so I am in no mans land. Cheers for clearing that. Hope the lad does well, if the transfer goes through.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You