Man of the Match  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least win the bloody COC now.

Forget it, just like the Spurs game and win the following two home games. By the way, City's defense was surely not better than ours today, and I did not see the Chelsea game.

Cahill

Willian

Hazard

Fabregas

were out there when it was all said and done. Not adequate rest, and we have Liverpool and City next week.

Oh I agree, nowhere near good enough. But if I had been offered it I would have traded today for a win in our next 2 games, wouldn't you?

Oh by the way, neither Salah nor Christensen will be playing for Chelsea again this season! Mark my words!

Mourinho doesn't pick under-performing players for matches!

Why? Didn't see the game but there was both no mention of Christensen being poor and it only went tits up when we took off Salah!

As Barbara said, whenever we don't play Matic we're shit!

Right now, can people PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE stop calling for youth and 10 players to be rotated for every game?

Mourinho has been proved right today, no rotation = better results.

This might actually be a blessing in disguise in the long run, if we can focus on other competitions more.

I will be ok with this ONLY, ONLY, if we win on Tuesday and Saturday now. If so then this will be forgiven.

Youth? Youth? Only Christansen. Apparently Zouma is better than Cahill and Salah needs to play more to prove himself. Those two aint youth.

Arsenal threw Belerin and Cockelin in city game in league and won. Its not youth problem. Its Mou tactical approach that becomes shit the moment our players aint starting eleven or play tired.

It was shit performance but dont blame youth for that. Even if we threw more youth players we should fuck up 2:0 lead at home with mastermind mr. defensive Mourinho on bench.

Haven't seen the match, so I obviously can't talk, but there's a reason why Mourinho sticks with the starting XI he does.

Unfortunately our squad has little bite. When you need a match winner - even against a league 2 side - in the last minutes of the match you can't find one within the squad.

The bench players have been awful.

And please, don't tell me they're this bad because they don't play... they practice everyday, they SHOULDN'T lose a 2-0 lead to a league 2 side. They're shit. Mikel, Ramires, Cahill (although this one here is first team material apparently), Salah - all names you heard from the commentators in the goals we've conceded.

It seems like Christensen and Zouma had good matches - which proves even further that this shouldn't be an excuse to crucify Mourinho. Actually Zouma played well in every single match he started for us and they're far and distant apart - meaning he also has little playing time. So let's stop with the excuse that those squad players don't play better because they don't play enough.

I don't blame José for not mixing up much. We have a bunch of chokers in the squad, which is sad. That 2004-06 team won so much because there was bite, players were warriors, they hated losing as much as Jose did (does), but they had spirit. The current squad choked last year and keep having those horrific matches from time to time.

There's been absolutely technical improvement, but it seems to me what we need the most is character improvement. We need players that are stronger mentally, that are tougher, that hate losing, that die in the pitch fighting. we have a few who are quite the opposite of that and I believe that's what kept us from winning last year despite not having a brilliant team and I hope that it won't repeat again this year (this year being brilliant though).

We need to buy a central defender , Cahill just does not inspire confidence in the CD position. Mikel? Anytime he's in the line up, its like heart in the mouth. The guy does not inspire any confidence either. Aspi is picking a time to really funk it all up. What really pisses me off is not being able to watch the damn game live. But listening to the commentary, it does seem like those three players stepped up to the game at all.