Chelsea 2-4 Bradford

Jase

Man of the Match  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

How much does PL tickets cost?

Depends on the opposition, where you sit and if you're a member. £50-80.

What I'll never understand is why West Upper is the most expensive. Sat there once. Never again. No atmosphere. Far away enough you might as well be watching it on TV, and the overhang of the stand blocked the view of the screens.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I'll never understand is why West Upper is the most expensive. Sat there once. Never again. No atmosphere. Far away enough you might as well be watching it on TV, and the overhang of the stand blocked the view of the screens.

All about the padded seats lol.Wacks a load of money on

That's quite abit, especially for a poor uni student like me on the other side of the world. Lucky for you guys that can watch matches live though. Though basing on your location you also need to do some traveling I assume.

But still, envy.

Nothing to do with youth or rotation. Just pathetic tactics, a pathetic performance and a pathetic result. No excuse. We have some quality that papers over the cracks but some of the tactics Mou has applied, the motivation, the attitude of some players just are flawed.

Tactics?

Sorry, but some people here need to shut the heck up about Mourinho in a match they haven't even watched.

Watching the highlights we conceded four goals because of defense mistakes, what does tactics have to do with that?

Cech should have defended the first and the last three their players were completely unmarked. That second goal is a shame, absolutely embarrassing that a player is left alone a few yards from the goal in our box, completely alone. The third and the fourth are defense 101 mistakes. You always have someone covering the central edge of the box when opposition is attacking. Willian was a passenger doing fuck nothing in the fourth (I don't remember and won't be bothered to rewatch and say who should be there for the third). Ramires, Cesc, Oscar or Willian should have been there, they weren't (Willian actually was in the third, marking his mother's spirit it seems).

So please, don't talk about pathetic tactics when you haven't even watched the game and the highlights clearly show what a horror fest our defense has been - which can hardly be a tactics problem. Maybe we didn't have the right tactics for the game, you aren't qualified to answer, only who actually watched the game.

That's quite abit, especially for a poor uni student. Lucky for you guys that can watch matches live though. Though basing on your location you also need to do some traveling I assume.

But still, envy.

Depends how often you plan to go. Of course we'd all love to go to every game. I don't see it as a huge expense if I can see three/four games a year. If it was cheaper the struggle to get tickets would just be insane. We need a bigger stadium for cheaper tickets.

And for me its only £20 return on the coach.

Depends how often you plan to go. Of course we'd all love to go to every game. I don't see it as a huge expense if I can see three/four games a year. If it was cheaper the struggle to get tickets would just be insane. We need a bigger stadium for cheaper tickets.

And for me its only £20 return on the coach.

True, true. Though for me it would be £1000+ return flight ;)

Thing is if people are willing to pay £50 for a ticket and sell out the stadium they'll probably keep it pricey rather then bring the prices down.Arsenal have a huge stadium and yet they're most expensive is £90 odd quid

For me it varies travel wise depending on time of day.Travel card usually 16-20 so not so bad.Usually go cheaper games though after yesterday thats it lol.This is what annoys when they play poor even more so away.Effort made by the fans to go there and support and yet not a lot from them

Tactics?

Sorry, but some people here need to shut the heck up about Mourinho in a match they haven't even watched.

Watching the highlights we conceded four goals because of defense mistakes, what does tactics have to do with that?

Cech should have defended the first and the last three their players were completely unmarked. That second goal is a shame, absolutely embarrassing that a player is left alone a few yards from the goal in our box, completely alone. The third and the fourth are defense 101 mistakes. You always have someone covering the central edge of the box when opposition is attacking. Willian was a passenger doing fuck nothing in the fourth (I don't remember and won't be bothered to rewatch and say who should be there for the third). Ramires, Cesc, Oscar or Willian should have been there, they weren't (Willian actually was in the third, marking his mother's spirit it seems).

So please, don't talk about pathetic tactics when you haven't even watched the game and the highlights clearly show what a horror fest our defense has been - which can hardly be a tactics problem. Maybe we didn't have the right tactics for the game, you aren't qualified to answer, only who actually watched the game.

I dunno, I think some of this is on Mourinho. Fielded the wrong team. Didn't ask them to sit behind the ball at 2-0 up. Defensive shocker, yes, individual awful performances, yes, but Mourinho is no innocent.

Yep and last year when I went vs West Ham, one lad behind me screamed give it to Oscar when the Brazzilian actually had the ball not once but three times.

Where are those Spec Saver ads when you need them? :lol:

I dunno, I think some of this is on Mourinho. Fielded the wrong team. Didn't ask them to sit behind the ball at 2-0 up. Defensive shocker, yes, individual awful performances, yes, but Mourinho is no innocent.

were you there? Can you describe how we were set up tactically please? (edit: just reached this page, so yep, you were there indeed. so you wanted him to ask the team to sit deep winning 2-0 or he asked the team to sit deep winning 2-0? I'm confused).

I'm not defending Mourinho, I'm just against blind accusation that has been on this forum lately. they blame mourinho even for match they didn't watch and all goals we conceded were 100% defensive mistakes - some of them basic mistakes.

So until you, @Liquidator, @Hutcho, @boshman or another fan who watched the match comes here and says that Mourinho got the wrong tactics (better yet, describe which tactics he employed) I won't have an opinion about it like some here are do dead serious that it was his mistake. The team he got should have won, no doubt about it, no matter who he got there, only one youth player - that wasn't at fault at all in any of the goals - 10 main team players, squad members or not, shouldn't have allowed that load of BS to happen.

I'm tired of people jumping on Mourinho for everything. And I'm the least happy about him that I've ever been, I'm disappointed about a few things he's been doing, but still, I'm tired of the shit going on here about him. Either I'll block the usual suspects or I'll jsut avoid the forum altogether. It's embarrassing.

From the highlights:

- I'm not sure there was much that we could have done about the first goal we conceded; it was just a great strike.

- For the second goal we conceded, Zouma loses out in an aerial duel, and someone (Azpi or Remy?) has left their man free at the far post.

- Third goal: Azpi allows the cross in, it isn't cut out, and Ramires vacates a good position on the edge of the box to attempt an unnecessary tackle on the man in possession (this leaves space free for the goalscorer to run into)

- Fourth goal: From a counter? Players aren't in position, and Willian fails to track his man into the box (I think he was expecting Cahill to cover the run).

THANK YOU. There's still hope for this place.

Someone said we lost concentration after we went 2:0. Well do these lads like Salah, Christansen, Zouma, Remy, Mikel even Drogba, Ramires know that they wont play again for quite some time if Mou wont need to rotate? How fucking difficult is it to understand that when they get such chance, they have to take it with both hands? And what they do, they go on 2:0 after 20min and then they dont give a shit for the rest of the match? Why get complacent after 2:0?

Dear Salah, Remy, Mikel etc even if you are 2:0 up, why not try to go and show that you are actualy decent players and maybe get more play time in near future? Its like one chance in million and they get happy with 2:0, not giving single fuck for the rest of the game. Well well why the hell you think these players dont ever play if thats not realy neccessary? Because they are shit and cant take any chance that is given to them.

I hope you get what Im saying, if I was playing there, I would run for 90 mins trying to score 10 goals if I could. I wouldnt care if we were leading 2:0 because it would be my only chance in months and I would still try my best to score or assist or tackle or do some important shit. And what these players do? Lose balls, let opponent run around like we play against barca, in conclusion; dont give fuck for rest of the game, just because we are 2:0 up.

And looking at them highlights, defending was suicidal. From Cech (who made few fantastic saves, but should punch that ball for first goal) to Cahill, Zouma, Christansen, even Azpi.

And I dont know why is Mou giving chance to TWO young defenders at same time, next to mistake prone Cahill. Mou doesnt like to rotate defense and he does it now with two young defenders....why not give chance to RLC, Ake, Baker in areas that are not that crucial? I admit, I wanted to see more youth, but I realy dont see the fuss about Christansen. No chance he will make it here because even Zouma will have problems getting into first 11 and no chance we will see two starting CBs, both this young anytime soon. I would love to see RLC, Ake or Baker though.

Sorry, mate, but if Cahill can't lead a defense against a third division team, he's better off of the club. Maybe this was some sort of ultimate test for him and hopefully now that he failed miserably we'll see less and less of him in the main team.

were you there? Can you describe how we were set up tactically please?

I'm not defending Mourinho, I'm just against blind accusation that has been on this forum lately. they blame mourinho even for match they didn't watch and all goals we conceded were 100% defensive mistakes - some of them basic mistakes.

So until @Liquidator, @Hutcho, @boshman or another fan who watched the match comes here and says that Mourinho got the wrong tactics I won't have an opinion about it like some of you are do dead serious that it was his mistake. The team he got should have won, no doubt about it, no matter who he got there, only one youth player - that wasn't at fault at all in any of the goals - 10 main team players, squad members or not, shouldn't have allowed that load of BS to happen.

I'm tired of people jumping on Mourinho for everything. And I'm the least happy about him that I've ever been, I'm disappointed about a few things he's been doing, but still, I'm tired of the shit going on here about him. Either I'll block the usual suspects or I'll jsut avoid the forum altogether. It's embarrassing.

THANK YOU. There's still hope for this place.

I was there.

I don't think you can look at the goals and describe the rest of the game. I've already posted, but personally I think Drogba should have never been on the field. He was limping from the first whistle. Visibly in pain for a lot of the first half (seemed alright in the second). Every touch he had was awful. Attempting on goal at 40 yds out, without any power. Soft passes. Passes to nobody. And he was on for the full 90! Madness.

Remy should have been in the centre. I liked a lot of his work on the ball, but out on the left wing it was wasted, there was never any real threat in the box.

Cahills goal was lovely, but his game was not. I've had enough of him backing off of players.

We were passing around the ball too much (and badly at that), when we should have been dribbling around them. Easier said than done, they're not all Hazards, but we should be bossing one-on-ones.

We should have utilised the bus at 2-0 up, even if its not pretty.

Anyway, thats my two pence. Peace and love.