Gabriel Barbosa

voytaveli

I love the way some lads on this forum run down a player they never seen play football it reminds me the time some lads on this forum run down Douglas Costa and he turn out to be a cracking player for Bayern Munich know a player before use judge him lads 

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen Barbosa play. I have explained where and why I consider that to be valid. It has many many times caused me to reach the right conclusion about footballers. For example when I said that Douglas Costa looked a more talented player then the man we ended up buying that transfer window.

I realise there is absolutely no reason at all why anyone should be familiar with my record of predictions made based on YouTube observations but I say again, without a hint of dishonesty or self delusion, that I have absolute confidence in the  judgements I have made by watching YouTube.

An opinion which is widely held and  which is entirely valid in respect of those things which footballers can learn. Where the problem is a shortage of talent however no amount of time will cure it. I say again, I will be shocked if any leading club wants Barbosa.

7 hours ago, Chelsea4 said:

Are you crazy? Gabriel is better than Remy.

Whether he is better or not I do not know because I have never watched Gabriel in action. But I would really much rather stick to Remy who has a few years experience playing in England as third choice striker than bring in a wonderkid from Brazil, in the summer we have already signed an expensive striker prospect in Batshuayi and with plenty of other areas in need of reinforcing.

No I don't think I am crazy. 

You would think that if he's as good as many are saying and is "the next Neymar" he would've been snapped up by now by one of the Spanish giants or Atleti, or some Portuguese side. Especially if the fee is almost dirt cheap.

Why is he supposedly only £15m if he's so super talented? 

9 minutes ago, Pizy said:

You would think that if he's as good as many are saying and is "the next Neymar" he would've been snapped up by now by one of the Spanish giants or Atleti, or some Portuguese side. Especially if the fee is almost dirt cheap.

Why is he supposedly only £15m if he's so super talented? 

Sometimes worth a gamble like Kennedy.

Kennedy might not the best thing out there but you take the gamble. If we wanted to we could sell Kennedy now at a profit, I'm sure of it.

But we will keep Kennedy and see how he progress, which is by far the better.

25 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Kennedy might not the best thing out there but you take the gamble. If we wanted to we could sell Kennedy now at a profit, I'm sure of it.

But how many prospects do you take on?

There are plenty at the club already

34 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Kennedy is a great example.

After watching him on youtube, I commented that his touch was too loose and that this would mean he was not the quality Chelsea required. Many people disagreed with that at the time and plenty still do but I continue to believe it is the reason he has been unable to hold down a place in the side. What could not be seen on youtube however, or at any rate what I could not see, is the lad's trememdous attitude and willingness to try. It is this which gives him his best chance at the club, the chance to make himself a wingback. As an attacking player Kennedy hasn't got what it takes and won't make it but as a wing-back there is at least a hope. A small one, but hope all the same.

Does all of this mean it was worth taking the gamble? I'd say maybe so if the club knew about Kennedy's attitude, as they certainly should have done.. Despite the fact that we might sell the player at a profit, meaning the gamble would not have cost us much, if anything, financially, it still costs us the opportunity to 'gamble' with a different player. I think we must start by honestly being able to say to ourselves that the player in question has a chance. If we don't really think so, then gamble on someone who might.

5 minutes ago, Costa19 said:

Based on that Remy is utterly s***. Its not possible to be more worser than Remy.

I'm gonna take what you say with a grain of salt seeing as you're obviously a little kid still learning phonics...

11 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Kennedy is a great example.

After watching him on youtube, I commented that his touch was too loose and that this would mean he was not the quality Chelsea required. Many people disagreed with that at the time and plenty still do but I continue to believe it is the reason he has been unable to hold down a place in the side. What could not be seen on youtube however, or at any rate what I could not see, is the lad's trememdous attitude and willingness to try. It is this which gives him his best chance at the club, the chance to make himself a wingback. As an attacking player Kennedy hasn't got what it takes and won't make it but as a wing-back there is at least a hope. A small one, but hope all the same.

Does all of this mean it was worth taking the gamble? I'd say maybe so if the club knew about Kennedy's attitude, as they certainly should have done.. Despite the fact that we might sell the player at a profit, meaning the gamble would not have cost us much, if anything, financially, it still costs us the opportunity to 'gamble' with a different player. I think we must start by honestly being able to say to ourselves that the player in question has a chance. If we don't really think so, then gamble on someone who might.

Why are you trying so desperately to convince people who aren't even talking to you that you are some sage of youtube video analysis? Kinda weird don't you think? 

3 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Why are you trying so desperately to convince people who aren't even talking to you that you are some sage of youtube video analysis? Kinda weird don't you think? 

Clearly I don't or else I would not have commented as I did would I? I do now know how you see it however.

2 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

I'm gonna take what you say with a grain of salt seeing as you're obviously a little kid still learning phonics...

Ah nice try. Since English isnt my native language im aware of my extremely bad grammar and spelling. Self awareness i think its called.

Please, in the future dont take offense when people quote you. 

3 minutes ago, Costa19 said:

Ah nice try. Since English isnt my native language im aware of my extremely bad grammar and spelling. Self awareness i think its called.

Please, in the future dont take offense when people quote you. 

None taken at all. I respond only to the level of the post, if its immature and utter nonsense I tend to respond in the same fashion. Its called lowering the bar.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You