Gabriel Barbosa

voytaveli

On 7/8/2016 at 8:11 AM, nono said:

Our reputation has suffered very badly imo due to the terrible season we've had. Add to the fact that we keep firing our managers and loan out youngsters and now we're going to have trouble convincing young talent to join.

One losing season has done nothing to the clubs reputation. What a ridiculous post.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Jype said:

Yeah no way he'd be going on loan if he's signed, he has half of Europe's big clubs after him (Barca, Juve, Arsenal, Chelsea etc.) so surely he'll go somewhere that he can actually get a game at. My guess is Juventus but wouldn't mind us signing him. 

I'll be stunned if any of those clubs want this kid. He looks an ordinary player, even in his highlight videos. No interest whatsoever in Chelsea signing this bloke.

17 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I'll be stunned if any of those clubs want this kid. He looks an ordinary player, even in his highlight videos. No interest whatsoever in Chelsea signing this bloke.

You can't judge a player based on youtube videos.

18 hours ago, Chelsea4 said:

You can't judge a player based on youtube videos.

Yes, that's the widespread opinion but my experience is that this point of view is wrong, or at any rate it is only partly right.

I'd agree that it is unwise to decide that a player is good eough based on youtube only but, I believe strongly that you can judge if he is not good enough. In this case, that's the judgememt I make of Barbosa.

My approach is to start with highlight compilations. If I like what I see there I move on to all-touches vids. If I still like what I see I then take in 90 minute coverage. Then and only then might I conclude that a player is right for Chelsea. If a player fails the two easier tests however, he does not make it to the 90 minute level. Barbosa fell at the first hurdle; he looks ordinary even in his highlights.

1 hour ago, milka said:

Another Brazilian Shit .

It's just too rude for me :D

But I'm also an the same opinion. These Brazilian kids only come for big amount of money, but only confirm how overrated they are.

I've heard it said but my experience is that this point of view is wrong, or at any rate only partly right.

I'd say that you can't judge that a player is good enough by watching youtube, but you can judge if he is not up to scratch and that's the judgememt i make of Barbosa.

My approach is to start with highlight vids.If I like what I see there I move on to all-touches clips. If i still like what i see i then take in 90 minute coverage before reach a positive conclusion. If a player fails the two easier tests however then he does not make it to the 90 minute level. Barbosa fell at the first hurdle. He look average even in is highlights.

I wasn't impressed by his YouTube highlights neither which is very rare, even Moses looks like African Messi in it lol.

Gabriel Characteristics

+ Strengths

Through balls
Strong
Headed attempts
Strong
Finishing
Strong

- Weaknesses

Crossing
Weak
Defensive contribution
Weak

Gabriel's Style of Play

• Likes to cut inside
  • Does not dive into tackles

19 hours ago, jernej93 said:

Does anyone watch him regulary? :)

As far as I know he doesn't impress me much ... even though he is young and with good scoring record (in Brazilian league where even Pato was a star) I would pass on him. Andre Ayew seems like a better option for 3rd striker, he had a really good season at Swansea ... perfect for 2nd striker up front like he did last year with Gomis, nice partnership.

Andre Ayew is not a striker. At all. 

4 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Andre Ayew is not a striker. At all. 

He played there for Swansea last year. You don't need two typical strikers for 2 upfront ... look at Dybala, he is also not a striker

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You