Gabriel Barbosa

voytaveli

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, Dazzy_Vance said:

Well that's a highlights video, so they're not going to show his misses. He also looks slow as in that video.

Not super-quick doesn't mean slow. Giroud is slow, Fabregas is slow, Terry is slow. This guy has decent pace.

1 hour ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

Not super-quick doesn't mean slow. Giroud is slow, Fabregas is slow, Terry is slow. This guy has decent pace.

I can't see any evidence of pace. Giroud is slow and he's shit. Fabregas is slow and it can make him a liability. Terry's positioning makes up for his lack of speed but it can be costly at times, the same goes with Cahill. This guy just looks sluggish when dribbling. Like, real sluggish.

Never actually seen him play nor do I know how good he is but damn did he use to be good for me in FM when I still used to play that game a few years back. :lol:

Missed out on the previous Santos wonderkid most of Europe's top clubs were after and everyone knows how he turned out to be so wouldn't mind taking the gamble with this one and see whether he'll come good too. It's not like €25M is a lot of money in football these days and even if he was some kind of failure we could still shift him for like €10-15M because of "the potential".

2 hours ago, jernej93 said:

We should go for Gabriel Jesus if we are looking for brazilian wonderkid :)

Gabriel Jesus reminds me so much of robinho I don't know that's a good thing or bad thing tho 

10 hours ago, jernej93 said:

We should go for Gabriel Jesus if we are looking for brazilian wonderkid :)

He doesn't look all that wonderful to me in his YouTube videos.  Maybe he looks better in 'real'  life. It would be unusual though, wouldn't it, for a player to look worse on YouTube then he really is? 

Santos starlet Gabriel Barbosa has indicated that he could soon be set to move abroad amid reported interest from Europe's top clubs.

The 19-year-old forward has been linked with Barcelona, Juventus and Chelsea following his impressive performances for the Peixe over the past 18 months.

Barbosa scored in a 3-1 win over Ponte Preta on Saturday to take his tally for the season to five goals in 10 outings, and his post-match comments have put potential suitors on red alert.

"I played as if it was my last game here. Soon you will know something," the Brazil international told reporters afterwards.

Barbosa went on to deny claims from the Brazilian club that they had recently secured his future until 2021, and revealed he has offers on the table but will not rush into making a decision.

"No, there is still no agreement. The president ended up talking, but there is nothing confirmed," the teenager told Globe Esporte.

"We are just talking. My parents and my representatives are talking. They have some things to discuss. I have proposals, too, but there's nothing confirmed yet.

"I need to talk with my parents and my representatives. We are talking and we are going to resolve it slowly."

7 minutes ago, Ryan Fong said:

My instinct tells me even if we signed him he is just another same old loan-out kid.

Nope. He'd never agree on such a deal. This kid has the same hype on him as Neymar, just stagnated a bit last year. Don't watch him that much, though.

Nope. He'd never agree on such a deal. This kid has the same hype on him as Neymar, just stagnated a bit last year. Don't watch him that much, though.

Thanks mate, good to know and apologize for my zero knowledge about him.

Yeah no way he'd be going on loan if he's signed, he has half of Europe's big clubs after him (Barca, Juve, Arsenal, Chelsea etc.) so surely he'll go somewhere that he can actually get a game at. My guess is Juventus but wouldn't mind us signing him. 

1 hour ago, Ryan Fong said:

Thanks mate, good to know and apologize for my zero knowledge about him.

Haha, no need for apologizes, I barely know anything about him, too. Far as I know he even outscored Neymar faster and is hyped. How good and will he like Neymar, dunno

Does anyone watch him regulary? :)

As far as I know he doesn't impress me much ... even though he is young and with good scoring record (in Brazilian league where even Pato was a star) I would pass on him. Andre Ayew seems like a better option for 3rd striker, he had a really good season at Swansea ... perfect for 2nd striker up front like he did last year with Gomis, nice partnership.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You