Jase

Man of the Match  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How the hell we got a positive result with that display, I honestly do not know. And we really could have even nicked a win if either Cahill or Matic used their brains on the goal. Oh well....excuse me while I go try out that Terry-Sterrling Kama Sutra position :Goober:

adejectives to describe our players for this match

terrible

awful

horrendous

pathetic

"was he on the pitch"

absolute shit

piss poor

hopeless

willian

cahill

and then there was courtois- who has single handedly kept us in the competition.

also lets not forget the flop of the match - jose. i love the guy but no sub when we were being played out of the park. that 2nd half performance was a definite stratergy to keep the lead and counter which totally back fired.

That's why I think before the match, Zouma and possibly Remy should have playing in this kind of match, and the result wouldn't that much different though. They usually will perform well in circumstances like this, possibly could be better result.

adejectives to describe our players for this match

terrible

awful

horrendous

pathetic

"was he on the pitch"

absolute shit

piss poor

hopeless

willian

cahill

and then there was courtois- who has single handedly kept us in the competition.

also lets not forget the flop of the match - jose. i love the guy but no sub when we were being played out of the park. that 2nd half performance was a definite stratergy to keep the lead and counter which totally back fired.

you missed 'oscar'

oh wait

Yeah, I was angry at the boring footy we played at Swansea.

He has virtually cost us ties by his pragmatism, Atletico vs Chelsea played 7 fucking defenders, Man City Vs Chelsea leading 1-0 and down to 10 men decides to park the bus, Chelsea vs Man Utd against the worst utd we have ever played decides to seat back and invite pressure, Liverpool vs Chelsea decides not to even make a substitution until 89 min and overplays players again. I can even go back to his Madrid days, against Dortmund in 2013 he fucked it up by trying to park the bus even if he had the better players talk about pragmatism at its best. Swansea is a one off

I will say this. What I saw tonight isn't so much about coward tactics (yes we were very cautious at times) but more about our inability to keep the ball and create chances when put under heavy pressure. We kept losing posession. It's no surprise that we have been incredibly shit everytime we have faced a team that pressed us aggressively for 90 mins and this is partly down to the manager and the players as well to an extent. . . .Cahill kept hoofing it, JT was uncharacteristically poor in posession tonight, Matic and Mikel were taking turns to see who gives it away the quickest and so on. Liverpool were so much comfortable than us at retaining posession under pressure, it's a joke.

Back to the drawing board. we need to learn how to control the game better especially against high energy pressing teams and away from home. You control the game and the talk of cowardly tactics wouldn't exist.