Jase

Man of the Match  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Football is primarily about results. It is. I don't care who you are, but the result is the most important outcome of the match. Secondly comes the way in which the result came about aka the performance. If you don't agree then speak to an Arsenal fan.

I was at Anfield last night and I agree that the way in which we went about the result was not commendable. From the first kick we didn't press them up the pitch and we basically sat in our own half for the entirety of the match. However, we got a 1-1 result and that makes us clear favourites for the game at SB. I came away from Anfield happy last night, albeit not quite as happy as my previous visit when we won 2-1.

Although I'm happy with the result, I would have preferred Jose to 'go for it' considering it was only the Capital One cup. However, you can't be greedy and have results and performances all of the time. It just doesn't work like that! Think back to the 2-2 draw at Barcelona or the countless first leg away games in the Champions League. This is how Jose plays in 2 legged ties. And he wins the majority of them so we can't complain.

Muzchap I normally agree with the majority of your posts but I'm going to put the past few showers of Shyte that you have written down to anger.

It was a horrific performance yes.

liverpool were at the races and we were not.

I garuntee we will punish them at the Bridge.

I'm predicting a 4-1 victory. You heard it here first!

Yeah reading them today do look bad - Super Angry

But in my defence - I have to work with a whole team in Liverpool and sick of the stick..

Whenever we play them we make Coutinho and Sterling look like world beaters :(

I hope your prediction comes true - I could really use some of that right now!

But in my defence - I have to work with a whole team in Liverpool and sick of the stick..

If they're giving you stick for drawing at home, in what they say was the best performance of their season, then it shouldn't be too hard to give it back at them.

If they're giving you stick for drawing at home, in what they say was the best performance of their season, then it shouldn't be too hard to give it back at them.

You can't reason with idiots though, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!

I know it's a draw, but it feels a bit like a loss :)

I'm sure it will all pan out nicely in the end... ;)

You can't reason with idiots though, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!

I know it's a draw, but it feels a bit like a loss :)

I'm sure it will all pan out nicely in the end... ;)

How many times have they given it "yeah, but we've won it 5 times like"

Please explain how the result was a huge blow? We're leading.

And how we're leading when only in this stupid cup away goal counts only after extra time? We need really to smash them early on. I'm sure nobody would want us to play 120 minutes 5 days before the game against City.

Though the way we played the result was good when you look it that way.

And how we're leading when only in this stupid cup away goal counts only after extra time?

Are you asking me how we are leading when if the round ended with this score we'd win? That is the very definition of leading.

Are you asking me how we are leading when if the round ended with this score we'd win? That is the very definition of leading.

Nope, we're not winning it. It goes to extra time. And if it stays 1-1 on aggregate after extra time then we are going to win it. My point is we don't need a 120 minutes so close to the City game. Maybe for somebody else is different but for me it would be a huge blow if the reverse fixture goes to ET. I hope this time you understand what I meant.

Nope, we're not winning it. It goes to extra time. And if it stays 1-1 on aggregate after extra time then we are winning it. My point is we don't need a 120 minutes so close to the City game.

No, we are winning (present continuous tense). After extra time we will have won it (future perfect tense, as it is not a presently continuous action anymore.. e.g. after the final whistle you don't say "yay we are winning", you say "yay we won", as the action that we are currently doing will be over by then). How you can say that we are not leading and that this result is a huge blow when in fact if the score stays the same, we will win, I have no idea.

This is the first time either have done anything of any note against us, let alone looked like world beaters, especially Coutinho, the first time he faced us (2-2 draw in April 2013) was one of the worst displays from a professional footballer I have ever seen.