Swansea v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy hell, it is only Monday. Long way still. Thought why we got stupid boxing days for 2 days in between the match, but we got a whole week now. Why they can't put that one in this mid week, is beyond me.

Holidays are for the families. Most people work midweek and can't go.

Not being allowed to play your game, and having your former coach not believe in you has a lot to do with it. He is perfect for our team, and there was a reason he was being linked originally with us. He can beat his man on the wing, something we don't have on the opposite side of Hazard, and he can actually play a decent pass in from the wing.

Cabella sucks... Give me Willian 99 out of 100

Speaking of bafetomis gomis, consider it a controversial opinion if you want, based of visual evidence. . .I.e what I have seen with my own eyes and not what stats or the hype machine says, he has the best hold up play in the league amonst the strikers. Very rarely does he get dispossed without getting fouled. Its a shame he doesn't have the finishing ability and movement to complement it, otherwise he had be one of the finest strikers in the league.

Same thing can be said about Giroud, probably the best link up player/Target Man I have seen but his finishing is just horrible.

If Arsenal were hosting City they'd have a chance. At the Etihad City will annihilate them.

Think City will win too but they don't have Yaya Toure and their defence has hardly been solid. They have thrown away leads in 2 of their last 3 league games as well, including that 2-2 draw with Burnley (could have been 3 in 3 if it wasn't for Lampard!). Arsenal could cause an upset, IF the good Arsenal turn up.

Think City will win too but they don't have Yaya Toure and their defence has hardly been solid. They have thrown away leads in 2 of their last 3 league games as well, including that 2-2 draw with Burnley (could have been 3 in 3 if it wasn't for Lampard!). Arsenal could cause an upset, IF the good Arsenal turn up.

That's a really big IF though

Tough fixture, but providing we start well (which is by no means guaranteed) then I expect us to be able to come away with the 3 points. That good start I speak of may require something a bit innocuous like poor marking at a set piece allowing JT to pop up and head us into the lead (like we saw at Stoke).

I expect us to line up as follows:

Cech

Ivanovic Terry Zouma Luis

Matic Fabregas

Willian Oscar Hazard

Costa

Subs: Courtois, Ake, Cahill, Mikel, Ramires, Drogba, Remy.

- Cech to stay in goal after a strong performance against Newcastle and that with a broken thumb, Thibaut probably needs a little more time out.

- Luis straight in for Dave, Ake to provide full backs cover on the bench.

- I've kept Gazza on the bench because I believe Zouma was faultless against Newcastle.

- For me Oscar remains at #10 despite a compelling argument in favour of Mikel starting alongside Matic and Cesc pushing further forward. I'm hoping a drought-breaking goal against Newcastle will give Oscar some added confidence, and he definitely thrives on this. I think his uncharacteristically animated celebration after scoring shows just how much he needed a goal to end a tough period of illness and poor performances.