• Costa
    • Ramires (sub)
    • Remy (sub)
    • Schurrle (sub)

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We beat Newcastle and everyone acknowledges Zouma and states this is why Cahill needs to be dropped etc. Cahill comes back in the team and we keep a clean sheet and no word. LOL.

Anyway don't need to state the obvious because people already have. But great performance. I will add that I am so pleased for the intensity played from our team over the 90 mins. Once you go over 3-0 up it is easy to lose your head and concede a goal as the level drops and this is often a case for many teams. We were relentless today and restricted them to 0 shots on target. Perfect. I have criticised Oscar in the past but when he does what he done to today have to give him the upmost credit. 2 excellent finishes and his involvement in the general team player was superb. We are only in January and he already has 7 goals and 7 assists and it is very possible/likely that he will end the season with double figures with both goals and assists. Stats eh :carlo2: but very impressive performance by our team today applr.gif

We beat Newcastle and everyone acknowledges Zouma and states this is why Cahill needs to be dropped etc. Cahill comes back in the team and we keep a clean sheet and no word. LOL.

Anyway don't need to state the obvious because people already have. But great performance. I will add that I am so pleased for the intensity played from our team over the 90 mins. Once you go over 3-0 up it is easy to lose your head and concede a goal as the level drops and this is often a case for many teams. We were relentless today and restricted them to 0 shots on target. Perfect. I have criticised Oscar in the past but when he does what he done to today have to give him the upmost credit. 2 excellent finishes and his involvement in the general team player was superb. We are only in January and he already has 7 goals and 7 assists and it is very possible/likely that he will end the season with double figures with both goals and assists. Stats eh :carlo2: but very impressive performance by our team today applr.gif

Still he had a few (2-3) horrible moments and every single Swansea relevant attack came from his and Iva's side.

When we were 2-0 up he made one of the most stupid mistakes... if they make it 2x1 at home, maybe the outcome would be different.

There, a few words about Cahill as you demanded.

LMAO I hope you're not serious, you do know we kept a clean sheet against Newcastle right?

This post must be a joke because even Cahill had nothing to do today, he still made the dumbest mistake in the game, luckily Swansea didn't punish us. The guys in front of him made it easy.

Still he had a few (2-3) horrible moments and every single Swansea relevant attack came from his and Iva's side.

When we were 2-0 up he made one of the most stupid mistakes... if they make it 2x1 at home, maybe the outcome would be different.

There, a few words about Cahill as you demanded.

LMAO I hope you're not serious, you do know we kept a clean sheet against Newcastle right?

This post must be a joke because even Cahill had nothing to do today, he still made the dumbest mistake in the game, luckily Swansea didn't punish us. The guys in front of him made it easy.

Well one mistake but it is not as if Zouma was excellent against Newcastle. We were lucky. I am not blaming him for it but I don't understand why everyone jumped on the Zouma bandwagon because of one clean sheet. Truth is we were lucky to get that clean sheet anyway. People actually thought Cahill was being dropped for 'poor performances' which was ridiculous. He was poor against Tottenham, no denying that but the fact that people think he has been poor all season is laughable. I think Mourinho realised that maybe Cahill needed a little breather and that is what he gave him. The amount of times that Cahill got ridiculed after that Newcastle game for being rotated for Zouma was quite ridiculous imo. We were not even defensively solid as the result shows yet people were using that game as an example for why Zouma should keep him out of the team.

So yes, maybe my comment was a bit knee-jerk but their are just so much double-standards on here.

Well one mistake but it is not as if Zouma was excellent against Newcastle. We were lucky. I am not blaming him for it but I don't understand why everyone jumped on the Zouma bandwagon because of one clean sheet. Truth is we were lucky to get that clean sheet anyway. People actually thought Cahill was being dropped for 'poor performances' which was ridiculous. He was poor against Tottenham, no denying that but the fact that people think he has been poor all season is laughable. I think Mourinho realised that maybe Cahill needed a little breather and that is what he gave him. The amount of times that Cahill got ridiculed after that Newcastle game for being rotated for Zouma was quite ridiculous imo. We were not even defensively solid as the result shows yet people were using that game as an example for why Zouma should keep him out of the team.

So yes, maybe my comment was a bit knee-jerk but their are just so much double-standards on here.

This is a joke because Zouma was very good in the second half against Newcastle incase you missed it.

If you can't live with the fact that some (quite a lot actually) people think Cahill has been poor all season, don't try and ridicule other players who have been good-great in every game they've played this season. That makes you sound very bitter and fanboyish.

In my opinion, Oscar deserves MotM for his pressing and strong performance when it mattered.

Not only did his relentless pressure and hounding create the Swansea mistake that led to Diego's second goal (our third), but throughout the entire game his pressing was superb.

Yes, his second half wasn't at the level of his first half, but that's pretty academic when your team is winning 4-0 at HT. When the game was up for grabs in the first half, he was the one who stood up and was involved in literally every forward movement as well as making some key tackles and interceptions. Not to mention two magnificent goals!

Absolutely deadly...

Oscar my MOTM, and please, we need him to play this well more often. He's been the difference there. He has the skills, the potential, but he needs to do it way more frequently. anyway, amazing match by him, not only in the attack - although he was very good there - but also in the pressing. He lacked that aspect last month. It's been slowing getting back. The passing improved too (81%). The finishes for both goals were suberb.

Willian was unlucky, should have had a brace as well. But he played much better today than in other occasions.

Diego Costa is immense. I love it when he bitches with his team mates when they don't help him press the goalie and the defense. I love him. He's amazing. He's been progressing incredibly. I feel like he's a better player this season than last season - despite adapting to a challenging league (that suits him in all honesty). Three shots, two on target, two goals, an assist.

Fabregas simply ran the show in the first half. He keeps delivering, where are the people saying he doesn't play on second halves of season? He's running the show, he's assisting, he's creating. I don't see him slowing down at all.

Luís was great too. I think he's been improving and toughening up in the 1x1s. By the end of the season he'll probably be fully adapted. We'll still have him a long time here and I see him only getting better. We look much better attacking when he's playing. Also, when he's on, Iva bombs forward less often - which is always a plus in terms of exposition, especially if Cahill is the one playing behind him.

Unfortunately, I could not see this one live on TV. Had to follow updates on the Chelsea FC Facebook page due to family commitments. Could not wait to get home this evening to watch the match. Oh, my word! What a display. Barbara, my dear, you have summed it up quite nicely. Could not agree more so I am just going to quote you this time and say, I second your thoughts :D

We have three interesting matches before the 31st, but with the pressure on, I think City may drop some points tomorrow vs the Gooners and then it's time for them to visit the Bridge. Cannot wait. Hope we are up 7 or 8 points after that one! Regardless of tomorrow, let's take all three on the 31st and be up a minimum of 5.

Come on you Chelsea!! :blue scalf: :blue scalf:

Ruud Gullit absolutely beaming about how well we played today, nice to have a bit of pro-chelsea talk amongst the former United players and scousers in the media!

I just watched MOTD. Ruud was Boss, but the twitterati were claiming that Ruud was garbage. Man there are so many CFC haters out therenope.gif