Martin Odegaard

supporter

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah I believe he made the best decision. He'll get to play every week for the u21 and get to train with the best players in the world and on top of that will earn 80k a week. If he does well then I am quite certain that Madrid will give him some first team game time.

If it does not work then he'll have the money and the experience of being a part of the best club in the world. Taking a huge risk but its his career and I am sure he must have thought it through.

Martin Odegaard will finally play each week with Castilla (U-21 of Real Madrid, whose coach is Zinedine Zidane) but will train every day with the first team with Real Madrid with Carlo Ancelotti.

I think this guy is not well advised. of Real Madrid is probably one of the worst teams in the world for young boys. For the model club of Real Madrid, they fichan each year a major star of world football, and usually always be an attacker. Martin Odegaard it will be very very difficult.

Moreover, in Spain's U-21 teams do not play in a league of young teams like England, in Spain play against teams with guys 28 years old, older and playing strong. Many children suffer Young playing against players with much experience (they are old dogs).

I think Real Madrid are a bit obsessed with create their own Lionel Messi. They spent years signing many great young players, but then never reach the first team (Samuel Etoo get to Madrid with 15 years old to give an example).

I think Martin Odegaard has chosen the worst option he had. of Real Madrid just looking to have great players already consecrated.

Regards.

I absolutely agree. Although being with Zidane and Ancelotti daily could help, they don't have a track record of grooming young players. My guess is he gets lost in the shuffle and we forget about him by the time he is 20.

And people are calling him stupid :lol:

He is stupid, he's 16, he doesn't NEEED 80k a week. Had he gone to Ajax he would still be making, what, 35k a week? At 16? With the chance to grow at a club known for grooming young talent? Stupid.

I absolutely agree. Although being with Zidane and Ancelotti daily could help, they don't have a track record of grooming young players. My guess is he gets lost in the shuffle and we forget about him by the time he is 20.

He is stupid, he's 16, he doesn't NEEED 80k a week. Had he gone to Ajax he would still be making, what, 35k a week? At 16? With the chance to grow at a club known for grooming young talent? Stupid.

35k a week at Ajax? There first team would be lucky to get that. He'd be on 2k tops. He will get a fantastic experience and if he doesn't make it there he will be able to sign for any club in the world. Signing for Madrid he has made it instantly.

People are just being little bitches and crying cos Real sign all the players they want. Hi Reus.

Lol this 16 year old nobody would be getting nowhere near 35 grand a week at Ajax. :D

35k a week at Ajax? There first team would be lucky to get that. He'd be on 2k tops. He will get a fantastic experience and if he doesn't make it there he will be able to sign for any club in the world. Signing for Madrid he has made it instantly.

People are just being little bitches and crying cos Real sign all the players they want. Hi Reus.

I didn't want Chelsea to get him, but to say he isn't stupid is ridiculous. He's 16 and followed the money, all good for him, but for his career it wasn't a good move.

I didn't want Chelsea to get him, but to say he isn't stupid is ridiculous. He's 16 and followed the money, all good for him, but for his career it wasn't a good move.

How many players do you think would still play of the wage was minimum wage? It's naive to think they're not in it for the money and the lifestyle.

It's interesting because the reactions on here is the same as opposition fans whenever we sign a "wonderkid". He's only 16, so if he continues his growth, he could be the next Carvajal as Real seems to be moving towards a different approach regarding transfer policy with first team signings like Isco,James, varane and Illaramendi. I wouldn't write him off just yet. Real are no worse than us in terms of youth development and integration.

The only issue with the transfer is obviously the reported wages. 80k a week is absolute madness for an unproven 16 yo

It's interesting because the reactions on here is the same as opposition fans whenever we sign a "wonderkid". He's only 16, so if he continues his growth, he could be the next Carvajal as Real seems to be moving towards a different approach regarding transfer policy with first team signings like Isco,James, varane and Illaramendi. I wouldn't write him off just yet. Real are no worse than us in terms of youth development and integration.

I'd say they are better.

The only issue with the transfer is obviously the reported wages. 80k a week is absolute madness for an unproven 16 yo

He's in a win win situation, Madrid do develop player's quite well even if they don't make it in the first team (Mata and Diego Lopez) so at worst this will be a platform for a very decent career unless he gets big and thinks he has made it already.

I think Chelsea has been excellent in their loan decisions for their youth players in the last few years.

I think Odegaard would be best suited to be loaned to a Belgian/Durch to see how he progresses. If he's successful you move him up to a German/French/mid table PL/La Liga team.

I'm not a big fan of academies unless a kid is a slightly built.

He's in a win win situation, Madrid do develop player's quite well even if they don't make it in the first team (Mata and Diego Lopez) so at worst this will be a platform for a very decent career unless he gets big and thinks he has made it already.

My biggest worry about this kid is that.

This is a prime time for Uefa or Fifa to bring in a young persons law to cap contracts per age brackets.

Absolutely ridiculous and I am shocked there is not more journalists piping up about this.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You