Chelsea v Newcastle

Jase

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Newcastle are 2-3-5 away and we should n't feel terribly threatened.

City visit the toffee ground, but the toffees perform woefully.

A mystery of English football no one has ever solved for me:

We played Newcastle on the 6/12 and the return match is on on the 10/1.

What is the logic ?

In all other leagues the return match was going to take place in May - given that the first took place in December.

In older days I think there was not even first round-second round in England. So we could play say MU in August, then early in September, then next year again !

Cahill and ivanovic? No way, Brana needs to be dropped.

Tibo

Azpi-Cahill-JT-Luis

Matic-Ramires

Willian-Cesc-Hazard

Costa

I would drop him, I've been praying for Azpi on the right side for months but it's highly unlikely. I can see Rémy starting as a winger though.

I'm sorry Iseah but I disagree, our match against Spurs, 3 of the goals were because of Cahill. And second we have a player who could replace Cahill, Kurt Zouma. The best defense formation in my opinion would be ( Luis LB, Azpilicueta RB, JT CB, Zouma CB). I admire Gary but take JT and Matic out of the equation he gets exposed. It was evident in our match against Newcastle and Spurs.

I'm sorry Iseah but I disagree, our match against Spurs, 3 of the goals were because of Cahill. And second we have a player who could replace Cahill, Kurt Zouma. The best defense formation in my opinion would be ( Luis LB, Azpilicueta RB, JT CB, Zouma CB). I admire Gary but take JT and Matic out of the equation he gets exposed. It was evident in our match against Newcastle and Spurs.

I'm not so sure, Ivanovic was caught out several times and Gary was left to cover his and Ivanovic's area. Gary isn't faultless but to blame him entirely is just not right. I like Zouma, but we all know Mou won't give him a run.

I suppose you are right Iseah, maybe I was a little irritated that we lost to spurs that I had to blame someone. I'm worried because we're joint leaders with city, and now it's not the time for any errors. KTBFF

Mourinho wont drop Gary Cahill, and I wouldn't want him dropped either. Yes, he was piss poor against Spurs, but do you not think that he knows that himself??? And if he doesn't, would you not think that Jose has brought him in, sat him down, and shown him a video of the game and all the mistakes he made??(and a few of his team mates too) That's what I would do, and then I'd pick him against Newcastle and tell him to go out and show me exactly what he's got and why we bought him. He has hot become a bad defender overnight. So lets stick with him for this game and see how he responds, and if he doesn't produce a positive display then maybe think about dropping him for Zouma, who, it has to be said is progressing very nicely.