Chelsea v Newcastle

Jase

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering we have had a week to rest and prepare for this game, am expecting a fast and strong start against a managerless side. But on the other hand, won't be surprised if we start tentatively given what happened in the last league game.

https://twitter.com/ChelseaFC/status/553531155371528192

Holland: 'Jose has made it clear that in this transfer window nobody stays and nobody goes.' #CFC

"Nobody stays"! I want Messi here as much as the next Chelsea fan, but selling the entire squad to finance his move sounds a bit extreme, if I'm honest...

https://twitter.com/ChelseaFC/status/553531155371528192

"Nobody stays"! I want Messi here as much as the next Chelsea fan, but selling the entire squad to finance his move sounds a bit extreme, if I'm honest...

Did anyone watch the presser? It's either Holland or the person managing the Twitter account had a brain malfunction.

Did anyone watch the presser? It's either Holland or the person managing the Twitter account had a brain malfunction.

Yeah I watched it and I believe the tweeter got it wrong and I'm sure he said nobody is going, and nobody is coming.

Not making any improvements to the squad this window is suicide. Look at our last run of 6 PL games. You telling me Jose and the board don't believe that can be improved?

This is another one of those 'Greedy' posts. We have a brilliant squad, and yes it can always be improved on but now is not the time for me. Had we been in crisis which is what some think we are, then I could probably say a maybe, but we can wait until the summer as squad togetherness is also very important.

I'm not saying I am against a signing, like a Reus for Schurrle deal, but can't see that happening. It isn't suicide at all, we have a very balanced side and squad not even a poor result against Spurs can undo that.

This is another one of those 'Greedy' posts. We have a brilliant squad, and yes it can always be improved on but now is not the time for me. Had we been in crisis which is what some think we are, then I could probably say a maybe, but we can wait until the summer as squad togetherness is also very important.

I'm not saying I am against a signing, like a Reus for Schurrle deal, but can't see that happening. It isn't suicide at all, we have a very balanced side and squad not even a poor result against Spurs can undo that.

I don't think it's greedy at all. I'm just basing it on the expectations Mou himself has set for the club. If Mou had said our goal was top 3 and to see what happens in a few tourneys, then absolutely we don't need to do anything this window. But I'm under the impression our goal is the title while still competing for silverware on 3 fronts. In my opinion, that means we need to strengthen and I'm hoping it's just more mindgames. But hey, I'm not the best living manager of our time. If Mou can do it with what we've got, then that's why he's the best and I'm just a guy on the internet.

I don't think it's greedy at all. I'm just basing it on the expectations Mou himself has set for the club. If Mou had said our goal was top 3 and to see what happens in a few tourneys, then absolutely we don't need to do anything this window. But I'm under the impression our goal is the title while still competing for silverware on 3 fronts. In my opinion, that means we need to strengthen and I'm hoping it's just more mindgames. But hey, I'm not the best living manager of our time. If Mou can do it with what we've got, then that's why he's the best and I'm just a guy on the internet.

You are making it out to sound like we have a poor squad. "If Mou can do it with what we have got"......This is a tremendous squad, and if we don't win the league, or anything for that matter then come the summer tweaks can be made. Right now I would say only Andre Schurrle isn't cutting the mustard but things can change, still lots of games left. If we bring in January then so be it, but I can't see where without disrupting a very settled side and one that is doing just fine.

Anyway this is off topic so lets talk about the game.

You are making it out to sound like we have a poor squad. "If Mou can do it with what we have got"......This is a tremendous squad, and if we don't win the league, or anything for that matter then come the summer tweaks can be made. Right now I would say only Andre Schurrle isn't cutting the mustard but things can change, still lots of games left. If we bring in January then so be it, but I can't see where without disrupting a very settled side and one that is doing just fine.

Anyway this is off topic so lets talk about the game.

If you're taking it to mean that I'm saying we have a poor squad, you can rest easy that's not what I'm saying at all. We have a great squad. There's a reason the title is currently a two-horse race. But it's a damn close race and we currently have more games to play than City between now and the end of the season while competing on 4 fronts. It's going to be tough. Some players are already looking tired. Some help would be immense. Look at how much help Matic was last season when we got him.

Anyways, hope we thrash Newcastle.