• Nemanja Matic
    • Oscar
    • Willian
    • Eden Hazard
    • Diego Costa
    • SUB: Filipe Luis
    • SUB: Ramires
    • SUB: Loic Remy

Not his biggest fan, but Willian; the quick corner was absolute class.

Definitely made this game a lot easier, great save from Cech as well and in the 2nd half a Diego on fire. That action deserved a goal (one with the Coloccini save).

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That first half was the worst half I've seen in seasons, absolutely dreadful. We got a lucky goal though and fully kicked on in the 2nd, response was great.

Oscar was a strange one. Honestly, if you take away his goal and his assist that was one of the worst performances I've ever seen at the Bridge.

Hats off to Kurt Zouma as well btw, really held his own and stood out like a man even though his older, more experienced team mates were truly struggling. He didn't put a foot wrong and imposed himself even more in the 2nd half. Hope the young lad gets more starts because I'm fairly certain if a certain other CB played - given their recent form - they certainly would've buckled under the pressure and committed mistakes.

Filipe Luis was excellent when he came on as well IMO. Was key in unlocking that Newcastle defence for the 2nd goal.

MOTM must go to the guv'nor, Diego Costa however. Has a great 2nd half and took his goal extremely well. That mazy run where he went past like 4 players and nearly scored was exquisite as well.

Damn it, I predicted 2:0 with two midfielders scoring. Costa spoiled it.

After the loss, the lads were clearly unsettled and were nervous in the first half and everyone kept making mistakes. Good second half - everyone stepped up. Good to see Oscar doing what the #10 is supposed to do, though he had a meh game overall.

And it might just be Lampard who comes up with the goods I am fearing...

Are you still planning on keeping your name btw? :D

I have thought about that really hard. If not i had to change both profile pic and name. So far I have decided to keep the name in honour of the Legend that Lampard was at our club as footballer and as a warning not to cling you heart players for more than their ability.

Great it finished 1-1. So we got a 2 points lead intact again. One time everton did their job. tbh city never looked like scoring the whole game

-

Anyway back to our game. Pretty dire performance 2nd half was better but we ground out a result without too much effort which will benefit us with a hecty remaining januar ahead.

Cech and Zouma did ok coming in the side. Most other players where shit throughout the game but esp Costa had decent spells. Both goals were brilliantly crafted btw.

All alone once again............at the top of the league! The drive to the trophy has begun!

Oscar played well today and had a role in each goal. Willian showed great effort throughout though not on the score sheet. Zouma held up well after a being a little timid early I thought.

Costa continues to find the net. But Cech may be the MoTM as his early saves kept Newcastle off the scoreboard in the first half when we really seemed to struggle finding some chemistry.

Oh, happy day, thank you Toffees and hello 2 points clear after 21 matches. Any news on the severity of Azpilicueta's injury?

Come on you Chelsea!! :blue scalf: :blue scalf:

I can't believe how low on confidence we looked in the first half

But credit to the boys they worked hard and got their rewards

Zouma was great and Willian had a great game. Costa was great too!

Let's hope this restores the confidence and a nice 2pt gap will help :)

Good day for the blues today, especially with City dropping points.

Diego Costa, what a difference a striker that can score goals makes. No doubt he'll match Torres' 3 1/2yrs league goal return in one season!

All alone once again............at the top of the league! The drive to the trophy has begun!

Oscar played well today and had a role in each goal. Willian showed great effort throughout though not on the score sheet. Zouma held up well after a being a little timid early I thought.

Costa continues to find the net. But Cech may be the MoTM as his early saves kept Newcastle off the scoreboard in the first half when we really seemed to struggle finding some chemistry.

Oh, happy day, thank you Toffees and hello 2 points clear after 21 matches. Any news on the severity of Azpilicueta's injury?

Come on you Chelsea!! :blue scalf: :blue scalf:

I don't know what match you watched,but Oscar was worst player on the pitch.If we conceded goal in first half he wouldn't be in the first team for long time.

Naismith, my hero! City dropped points on one of their tougher away games, and there are still tougher games ahead for them. They will drop more, we just have to make sure we drop less.

Zouma is a building with feet. Happy for his first start.

And of course, another clean sheet for big pete. 6 more to beat the record, hope he gets the chance to do it!