Chelsea v Watford

Jase

A decent win is required at home. We need to flush the Tottenham result away, and get back to winning ways. I'm expecting a similar squad to the ones Mourinho has fielded in the Capital One Cup, but I hope Remy gets to lead the line for us.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Czech

Azpi-Zouma-Ivanovic-Luis

Ramires-Oscar-Mikel

Salah-Remy-Schurrle

Bench: Courtois, Cahil, Willian, Drogba, Fabregas, [RLC]

Rest Matic, Terry nor Hazrd

Yes, I wourld go with a 4-3-3 with two solid DM's if Matic is out, they players ARE used to it and it's how we played (and won) most of our pre-season games.

From Chelseatv schedule

15:55
Live commentary from today's FA Cup clash with Watford at Stamford Bridge.
16:45
Half Time Update
A look back at the first 45 minutes of today's FA Cup clash with Watford at Stamford Bridge.
17:00
Live commentary from today's FA Cup clash with Watford at Stamford Bridge.

Chalobah was stunning for us. I'm not going to qualify that by saying "considering he was so young" because his age simply wasn't an issue. He ran the midfield in the vast majority of games and scored a blinder against Leicester with the kind of technique that can't be coached. I'd have him back right now.

Haha, there you have it Chou. We weren't joking when we said that Chalobah was killing the championship during his time at Watford...

Haha, there you have it Chou. We weren't joking when we said that Chalobah was killing the championship during his time at Watford...

I watched a number of Chalobah's performances for Watford as well as being a regular visitor to a one of their fans' forums while he was there. Along with the positive, I saw many negatives too and this was reflected in the comments I read. Granted most posts were of the positive kind including one bemoaning that Chalobah would be missing a game and saying how incredible it was that an 18 year old was the key member of their midfield. We have to remember though that this was just the writer's opinion. There were also many more sober, and in my opinion more accurate, assessments.

There is a phenomenon in football where new, and especially young, players benefit from an expanded honeymoon period. During that honeymoon, a player is given maximum credit for everything he does well, while anything he does badly is either excused away or just ignored all together. As a result of this the general tendency is for the quality of these players to be overrated. Eventually though reality breaks through.