Chelsea v Watford

Jase

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest Ramires at right back might not be that bad if it happens.

He has attacking intent, and he has the work rate. Not too different than Valencia/Young at Manchester at United, and despite the focus on their "defensive woes" they have only allowed one more goal in.

Google :) but I don't mind where the stream is as long as one is available ;)

Pricks at BeIN changed the broadcast schedule and are going to cover the City game instead <_<

Gonna have to find CTV streams.

Damn. Was using the Watford manager as my login name too much of a giveaway?

I'd like to complement you on your own name though. Spot on.

Hey, could you be a dear and level with me on one thing, please: Are you planning on making any actual contribution/insight about Watford, or should I save both of our times and just ban you now?

Pricks at BeIN changed the broadcast schedule and are going to cover the City game instead <_<

Gonna have to find CTV streams.

Hey, could you be a dear and level with me on one thing, please: Are you planning on making any actual contribution/insight about Watford, or should I save both of our times and just ban you now?

I'm happy to answer any questions you have about our lot if you're remotely interested, though I suspect you probably won't be. As far as I can tell it's pretty much going to be a non-event thanks to the huge gap in the funding of the two squads.

Chelsea and Watford have never really had any rivalry, and as FA cup ties go I think this draw was probably as poor as it gets for us both.

This is getting slightly annoying...

I'm sorry. The next game I will be less extravagant. Although the essence of the message will be the same. Match by match.

I apologize to you. Also if someone else has bothered me to apologize.

I'm sorry and Regards.

I'm happy to answer any questions you have about our lot if you're remotely interested, though I suspect you probably won't be. As far as I can tell it's pretty much going to be a non-event thanks to the huge gap in the funding of the two squads.

Chelsea and Watford have never really had any rivalry, and as FA cup ties go I think this draw was probably as poor as it gets for us both.

A pessimist? You'll fit right in around here! :D

Don't be so quick to surrender before the whistle goes, in case you didn't know, we just shipped 5 against a bang average Tottenham...

On Watford, can you tell us what formation do you usually play? Who's the biggest goal threat and who should we look out for?

And while we have you here, could you please remind us how inconsistent Chalobah was when he was with you? Because most of our fans seem to remember him only as a combination of Patrick Vierra and Yaya Toure in his time at Watford...

I know that Watford is a team that is strong in the Championship, but for me it would be a great gift to see our team to our great promise Ruben Loftus-Cheek. I think being the match in our field the risk of encountering a surprise is lower. Also if Nathan Ake okay I would love to see him. The only question I have is if they have to start first half, or if they wait their chance to enter in the second half.

I hope we see Ruben Loftus-Cheek throughout the match.

A pessimist? You'll fit right in around here! :D

Don't be so quick to surrender before the whistle goes, in case you didn't know, we just shipped 5 against a bang average Tottenham...

On Watford, can you tell us what formation do you usually play? Who's the biggest goal threat and who should we look out for?

And while we have you here, could you please remind us how inconsistent Chalobah was when he was with you? Because most of our fans seem to remember him only as a combination of Patrick Vierra and Yaya Toure in his time at Watford...

Chalobah was stunning for us. I'm not going to qualify that by saying "considering he was so young" because his age simply wasn't an issue. He ran the midfield in the vast majority of games and scored a blinder against Leicester with the kind of technique that can't be coached. I'd have him back right now.

I went to Watford a few years back when Ray Wilkins was in charge. We won 3-1 and Wilkins maintained his 100% win rate as a manager for Chelsea.

You only had 3 stands at the time? Do you still only have 3 stands? If so why? It looked awful. Do Mansfield and Watford have a 3 stand alliance?

Chalobah was stunning for us. I'm not going to qualify that by saying "considering he was so young" because his age simply wasn't an issue. He ran the midfield in the vast majority of games and scored a blinder against Leicester with the kind of technique that can't be coached. I'd have him back right now.

pity he seems to have regressed .. a commom trait with our youngsters

Our east stand was condemned a while ago, followed shortly by the near disintegration of our club thanks to the criminal actions of our then owners. We were days from liquidation having lost millions of pounds of Premiership and transfer money when we were rescued by some wealthy Italian gentlemen who also own Udinese and Granada.

We now have a brand new East Stand only just opened, fantastic training facilities, changing rooms to put yours to shame and attract the standard of player that you most certainly wouldn't associate with a team of Watford's pedigree. Despite having two of these competing for every position, we're not pissing the league. Go figure.

We've toyed with various systems including 3-5-2 and 4-3-3, but always revert to a panicky 10 when put under any sort of pressure.

Left to play our own game, we're a joy to watch and score for fun - but against a team determined enough to not tolerate that sort of nonsense, we're totally ineffectual. I anticipate Chelsea to be just such a team.

Fernando Forestieri is fondly known as 'Fessi' due to his skills that fleetingly remind one of a far greater talent. Abdi is a calm and accomplished midfielder that will have you wondering how on earth he is plying his trade in the championship. Toszer has a cannon of a left foot that means a free kick less than 35 yards out is as good as a penalty. Deeney is big, enthusiastic, a proper captain and surprisingly mobile and effective. Vydra is quick, lethal and maybe the most talented of all, but he's struggled to fit in with the systems we play of late. Gomes is an excellent goalkeeper and his understudy Bond has lightening reflexes, but both are prone to the odd howler. Anya has been frustratingly wasteful with his final ball, but will carve through any defence. When he gets it right, he's unplayable. Unfortunately his best performances have come for Scotland. Our defence is sound and shaky in equal measure. Depends on what mood they're in.

Final word about Chalobah. I don't agree that he's gone backwards. I just think that perhaps he wasn't being played in the right sort of team. A bit like a spark plug being forced into a diesel engine. He would have looked much better at Watford or similar 'footballing' team, but perhaps being at Burnley under Dyche was exactly what he needed to put some hair on his chest. Time will tell, but I can't imagine that a player simply loses that sort of talent overnight.