test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
supporter

Wishlist Fabinho

Started by supporter,

105 posts in this topic
3 minutes ago, DDA said:

It hurts. It really does hurt. 

Right there with you. Since I've joined this forum every summer this place has a meltdown and I've always thought people were overreacting, but I have a really bad feeling about this summer. Not a good start at all. Hopefully the board have some good deals in the works.

All they need is a keeper now. Maybe a Lovren upgrade as well.

12 minutes ago, Panic said:

I don't think it's even about ambition. It's about competence. they paid 44 for Fabinho we paid 40 for Baka. Let that sink in.

7 minutes ago, DDA said:

It hurts. It really does hurt. 

Looking forward to the Fabinho v Bakayoko comparisons next season...

Just imagine there attacking threat next season. If they get a keeper and another decent centre half, they go from a decent side to outstanding.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Looking forward to the Fabinho v Bakayoko comparisons next season...

Don't go there Jason. I'm refreshing my Chelsea transfer google search repetitively like a crack head, hoping for some news that we have got Bale, Jorginho or Fekir. My eyes burn.

Jason likes this

All they need is a keeper now. Maybe a Lovren upgrade as well.
They have no backup for their attacking options. Saturday was evident of that and Fekir is just talk as of now (isn't a replacement for any of them too).

Just now, DDA said:

Don't go there Jason. I'm refreshing my Chelsea transfer google search repetitively like a crack head, hoping for some news that we have got Bale, Jorginho or Fekir. My eyes burn.

Just stop mate..... waiting for nike deal to happen yet lmao 

21 minutes ago, Panic said:

I don't think it's even about ambition. It's about competence. they paid 44 for Fabinho we paid 40 for Baka. Let that sink in.

Ambition and competence go hand in hand. 

Amblève., zekinjo and Johnnyeye like this

I would rather spend £150m transfer budget on bringing back Peter Kenyon or Ron Gourlay or both then spending on another group of Europa League players and other clubs rejects.

The fuck is going on. Liverpool making top signings left and right

4 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

The fuck is going on. Liverpool making top signings left and right

We aint the club we once was in the transfer market, ppl need to realise this

the wes and Johnnyeye like this

great player I rather sign Jorginho We need a midfielder who can pin the ball about we lack that in our play in midfield fabregas is done 

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Liverpool board giving Klopp every target he wants. Must be nice.

Yep!! Though there's no point Conte having targets as looks likely to be off.. Gotta get that sorted first. Once again! 

It'll be a normal window for us... Linked... Nothing then buy some randomer near the end. 

Theyre definitely gana challenge next year. If not.. Oh dear. 

41 minutes ago, DDA said:

I just have this floating is a seperate tab. Guves all the options you want

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Football/Premier+League/Chelsea

27 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Ambition and competence go hand in hand. 

To a certain extent, but look at Liverpool's transfers over the least few years. In the last 3 years they have a net spend of just £18m(pre-Fabinho buy). They sold both Suarez and Coutinho when Barca came calling. Even if they go on a spending spree this summer, Chelsea will still have outspent them come the end of the summer. Their intelligent transfer dealings have allowed them to spend big on needed positions(Van Dijk for £75m and Keita for £58m) without requiring the club to spend money out of their own pockets. The reason Chelsea can't do the same is because we went out and spent £65m on 3 players who only played in cup games and emergencies.( Barkley, Emerson, Drinkwater) I don't think Liverpool have greater ambitions than we do, they just know what they're doing in the market.

3 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Yep!! Though there's no point Conte having targets as looks likely to be off.. Gotta get that sorted first. Once again! 

It'll be a normal window for us... Linked... Nothing then buy some randomer near the end. 

Theyre definitely gana challenge next year. If not.. Oh dear. 

I'd like to think we learned our lesson after twice having terrible summers in recent years but it seems we haven't. Known for months that Conte is off and still no update.

Laylabelle likes this

Just now, Pizy said:

I'd like to think we learned our lesson after twice having terrible summers in recent years but it seems we haven't. Known for months that Conte is off and still no update.

And we ain't got as long to piss around this time either. 

Just now, Panic said:

To a certain extent, but look at Liverpool's transfers over the least few years. In the last 3 years they have a net spend of just £18m(pre-Fabinho buy). They sold both Suarez and Coutinho when Barca came calling. Even if they go on a spending spree this summer, Chelsea will still have outspent them come the end of the summer. Their intelligent transfer dealings have allowed them to spend big on needed positions(Van Dijk for £75m and Keita for £58m) without requiring the club to spend money out of their own pockets. The reason Chelsea can't do the same is because we went out and spent £65m on 3 players who only played in cup games and emergencies.( Barkley, Emerson, Drinkwater) I don't think Liverpool have greater ambitions than we do, they just know what they're doing in the market.

I’m not disagreeing with that - a valid point but that’s where ambition also comes in. Their whole attacking football philosophy that they’re trying to embed into the club... the fact that now they’re getting some top players to believe in this project (Keita and Fabinho are top top signings) - that’s where ambition comes into it. Making smart signings is also a sign of ambition. Hence why competence and ambition go hand in hand. Don’t forget that our net spend over the last few seasons is ridiculously low compared to the likes of Utd and City too for example, so we can also say that our ambition in that sense has dropped given that we used to be on par with both. 

Amblève. likes this

Keita and Fabinho in a midfield behind Salah,Mane,Firmino and maybe Fekir is a squad that is good enough to challenge next season. 

Johnnyeye likes this

Maybe we aren’t the priority of abramovich anymore ..  

this is how they do business. Action,action ,action. No words!! 

We have ambition but we haven’t the ability to negotiate fast !!