Tottenham 5-3 Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The right side of our defense is a serious problem against better sides. Ivanovic is just not disciplined enough or tactically aware enough to be a to class RB. Especially when the opposition has bags of pace. He rushes forward thinking he's Dani Alves or Marcelo and gets caught out of position time and time and time again. When we then give the ball away he casually jogs back or simply doesn't have the recovery pace to get back. This in turn leaves Cahill exposed and he's shit in one on one situations more often than not.

Cahill himself needs some competition. Maybe slot Zouma in there for a match or two consecutively to let Cahill know he isn't untouchable. Just not good enough multiple times this season.

It would also be highly beneficial if we actually had someone who can score and create at a world class level down our right side. Willian is totally useless as an attacking threat and Schürrle is nothing more than an impact sub/sqaud player. PLEASE BID FOR REUS! Besides the obvious advantages of having another world class player, it would also mean that Ivanovic wouldn't have to bomb forward and assume responsibility as a creative player.

If Mou didn't adore Ivan, I'd hope he'd recall Bertrand.

Take the positives guys. Everybody is celebrating Spurs' win like they've won the Spanish Christmas Lottery. That's how big of a club Chelsea have become.

City pay the highest wages in sport, still they have to wait for Chelsea to slip to be back in the title race. Also had to wait until the last game to go through from a group composed of Roma and CSKA...

• Gary Cahill is a fraud. I like "safe" defenders, but Cahill is about as safe as a used condom at the minute.

There was once a time when Cahill was as safe as houses. Tonight I speak for everyone when I say, this has to be Cahill's worst performance in a Chelsea shirt!

Actually, if not because of Burnley, we will be 2 points behind. We have the same points with the same GD now, so I'm not that disappointed.

At least the positive note is that our team will be train harder after this. Next in PL, Newcastle.

Actually, if not because of Burnley, we will be 2 points behind. We have the same points with the same GD now, so I'm not that disappointed.

At least the positive note is that our team will be train harder after this. Next in PL, Newcastle.

We will win NewCastle easy :D They might always get us at their home, but at our home they have no chance at all.

Rather lose 5-3 than 2-1 like we did to Newcastle.. That loss was harder to take for me.

No. When team that is considered solid in defense concedes 5 goals, something is wrong.

Besides, I wonder if teams who won title conceded 5 goals in one game in same season.

Actually, if I have to blame someone or something, I blame the schedule we had, triple away matches in the boxing days is quite stupid imo. Have we got 2 home game and 2 away, I think it will be different. Meanwhile, City got 3 home matches in this busiest period. In the future, I thought it should be equal, it is a little bit 'unfair' imo.

Absolutely. At that point we had nothing more to lose. Should have loaded the attack and just went all out.

Matic and Willian for Drog and Remy.

Even if it wasn't his best game for us by far, subbing Matic off without a direct replacement with a defense like that would be... *shudders*

There was once a time when Cahill was as safe as houses. Tonight I speak for everyone when I say, this has to be Cahill's worst performance in a Chelsea shirt!

And I was one of his biggest fans, but his decline since the end of 2013 has been remarkable.

Even if it wasn't his best game for us by far, subbing Matic off without a direct replacement with a defense like that would be... *shudders*

He wasn't having much of an impact anyway.

at 4-1 we had nothing to lose. Just get attacking players on and send balls into the danger areas.

I don't see why Lampard scoring a winner vs Sunderland is being mentioned in this thread when really that sort of abysmal performance should be the only talking point. Cahill or Brana or whoever isn't solely to blame considering the minutes they've played the last week or so, Jose has to take a huge bit of the criticism for a lack of rotation, how can players play at a very very high level if they are playing every 2 days for 90 minutes???

Harry Kane is quite a good player I must admit, really caused a lot of issues, wasn't sure if he could do it against the big boys but he did well today for them.

He wasn't having much of an impact anyway.

at 4-1 we had nothing to lose. Just get attacking players on and send balls into the danger areas.

The game was finished at 4-1 (probably 3-1). We don't have the character or quality to come back from 2-3 goals down, sadly. Taking Matic off would have been suicide - would have conceded 6+ probably.