Southampton v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tiredness is not an excuse, Southampton played 2 hours later than us today so in theory both should be just as fit as each other. Basically same starting 11 as today, maybe Schurrle instead of Willian or Mikel instead of Oscar.

They don't have the same mileage on their legs. Fatigue will be a factor but we should have the squad to handle it...

I'd like to see

Courtois

Azpilicueta Cahill Terry Luis

Matic

Ramires Fabregas

Willian Hazard

Costa

They don't have the same mileage on their legs. Fatigue will be a factor but we should have the squad to handle it...

I'd like to see

Courtois

Azpilicueta Cahill Terry Luis

Matic

Ramires Fabregas

Willian Hazard

Costa

Fatigue can be the factor but it's not an excuse.

For us it is very important to win tomorrow. After our setbacks in the field of Sunderland and Newcastle tomorrow if we win at Southampton away we will be striking a blow on the table and sending a very strong message to ALL teams in the Premier League so they all understand that we have no pressure to play off The Bridge, and the games against Sunderland and Newcastle were only two anecdotal trips and Chelsea is a very strong both in our house on The Bridge and away games equipment.

We would send a strong message to all our opponents winning at home to a team which is competing very strong all season as the Southampton. Win tomorrow would prove that we are not afraid, we are a very solid block and we are are a strong team, candidates to win it all this year.

So the great importance of win tomorrow, I think we should play with the best team we have right now to play tomorrow in away games. I think for us to put Mikel is important. As I said before if we play with Mikel that gives more freedom to Fabregas to lead our team as our Conductor. Fabregas is the Conductor of our team and we have to get The Conductor plays as comfortable as this is possible to have a decisive factor.

The question that I have now if we need to put William or Oscar. For one, William is a player who understands what Jose claimed his players in such games, William gives us great physical strength and a lot of tactical intelligence. But then, Oscar is really progressing in his tactical intelligence and his physical strength is increasing over time. However, for the important match tomorrow in my opinion
I would put to William because I expect a very physical game and have a midfield of much physical strength with Matic, Mikel and William we would allow us to have more control in midfield, controlling the game and creating an ideal situation for our stars Fabregas, Hazard and Diego Costa.

With a security wall on defense like we have with Ivanovic - Cahill - Terry - Azpilicueta would be very important for a away game if we will add to this another wall as we would form with William - Mikel - Matic. These two walls would give us an ability to take control of the game and block any strategy of Southampton. If we canceled it at Southampton in the match tomorrow I am sure that the victory will be for us.

Respect to the fatigue of the team, if we win the match against Watford in FA CUP we will play between 5 and 19 January (in 15 days) we only have two games against Newcastle United and Swansea City. I'm sure our team will have time to recover in that 15 days after this tight schedule. Now is the time to give everything in these 3 upcoming matches and as we recover from cansacion after the match against Watford. I hope so.

So I think tomorrow we should bring the following equipment.

Courtois.

Ivanovic - Cahill - Terry - Azpilicueta

Mikel - Fabregas - Matic

William - Diego - Hazard.

But I fully trust in the team that put Jose.

Not at all a game for Mikel, imo. They won't sit back like Stoke or Sunderland and they'll be determined to play from the back which means that the key to creating chances tomorrow will most likely be the speed of transition when we win back the ball because they will no doubt have spaces to exploit.

I think it's also a must start game for Oscar as we will likely look to press them high up the pitch. If we want to bring someone from the bench into the XI in this one, I would think that Ramires is the ideal choice if 100% fit. Rest Willian or (less likely) Fabregas.

A couple of other players who could come in but we have no idea how much Jose is going to change/rest if any at all.

I don't want Mikel starting against the Saints as I think this match will be played at too high a pace for him. I think Schurrle will get the nod ahead of Willian as he looked a little tired against West Ham, and Mourinho will want him at his best for the Spurs match,(If only to show them what they lost out on) Perhaps Ramires in for Oscar???

Though I think I would have a better chance of winning the lottery than trying to second guess Mourinho :worship:

I hope Luis starts this game. There are some players who we need playing out there but when you only have 1 days rest it really should be a bonus that you have arguably the best LB in Europe waiting to play. It will be quite an insult to Luis if he does not play this game.

Weird, I think this is the game we should play Mikel more than any other kind of matches. I have been told soton will not park the bus, we need Matic - Mikel combination to cover our defend.

And against Spurs we then could back to same old team, with one two change, but still 4231. As much as I hate this two teams, I have to admit Soton is more dangerous than Spurs. 433 for this match for me, with Fabregas could sometimes going forward as the no. 10

Also the sign Soton will have the game of their lives against us is already there.

Upbeat James Ward-Prowse targets Chelsea scalp as Southampton seek to sustain top-four tilt

‘It is very important we get a result, Chelsea are a fantastic side and have a lot of world-class players,’ said Ward-Prowse.
‘If we are to get to where we want to get to — in Europe and stuff like that — we’re going to have to beat teams like this. That’s a sort of challenge and we’re ready for it. The game will be a measure of how far we’ve come.

‘We’re not looking at it as a game that we’re the underdog and sit back and hope to win — we’re going to go out level with them and we’re excited for the challenge.’

I just observed a worrysome pattern. Bar the first 4 game of the season, we have not exceeded 3 wins in a row. If this pattern continues then we will definitely drop poonts today as we are currently on a 3 game winning strea. Hope we break that pattern today.

I just observed a worrysome pattern. Bar the first 4 game of the season, we have not exceeded 3 wins in a row. If this pattern continues then we will definitely drop poonts today as we are currently on a 3 game winning strea. Hope we break that pattern today.

Ain't it 5 Games already. Lissabon, Hull, Derby, Stoke, wham.

You prolly mean League Games. Well, given that Shitty are on 9 wins, we should defo break that pattern.

We are on a 5 game winning streak in all competitions. Remember Jose's "quadruple" talk before Stoke?